Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 2008, 05:38 (Ref:2353213)   #26
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"my desire to set the record straight on behalf of the team members who worked their ar*e off for him all year."

So what was your role with FRSR?
Old 12 Dec 2008, 06:37 (Ref:2353223)   #27
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not honest in the criticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
"my desire to set the record straight on behalf of the team members who worked their ar*e off for him all year."

So what was your role with FRSR?
Patrizi put his name to everything said - our critic has attacked very personally from a cover of anonymity - time for a little think music profiler !!
Old 12 Dec 2008, 07:05 (Ref:2353233)   #28
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am interested as to whether forum member agree or disagree with the profilers response to the news paper interview with Michael, taking away our thoughts on whether he should or should not comment from anonymity. Just the accuracy
Old 12 Dec 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2353254)   #29
dougcharli
Rookie

dougcharli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Patrizi the new Thexton??

Maybe Thexton and patrizi have more in common than I once imagined - both over cashed and undertalented!! Sorry if that offends, just an opinion.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2353264)   #30
kowalski the lone driver
Rookie

Australia
brisbane
kowalski the lone driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcharli
Maybe Thexton and patrizi have more in common than I once imagined - both over cashed and undertalented!! Sorry if that offends, just an opinion.
half the drivers in the category are over cashed (and also over paid) and undertalented. i am afraid it will only get worse. there is a serve lack of talent coming up through the junior ranks during the last few years.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2353275)   #31
shadow_man
Rookie

shadow_man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrizi Delusional??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski the lone driver
half the drivers in the category are over cashed (and also over paid) and undertalented. i am afraid it will only get worse. there is a serve lack of talent coming up through the junior ranks during the last few years.
That is part of the The Profiler's point. Patrizi isn't being paid, he is spending daddy's money to get a ride.

How any team can be foolish enough to sign up an arrogant, ignorant name dropper like Patrizi is beyond me. Cash or not, you are going to hurt your team moral having someone with the attitude he has.

Racing Skaife huh?? Would you be proud to be telling everyone that you raced him for 19th position and put him off the track in the process??
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2353280)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dont think Mr Patrizi is the worst cashpilot in the series, but given the equipment, and standard of preparation in a full house FPR car tended by FPR mechanics and engineers, the article as shared by The Profiler is not in line with what the results appear to indicate.

I found it strange that Mr Patrizi would not be improving throughout the year, I mean the usual thing in this category is that as the pilots get more miles, they usually discover the cars can do more things than they thought they could at the start of the year.

The #777 car has been a tail end Charlie most of the season, down the back with Mr Marshall's "el de barge" and whoever the driver rotation (except Mr Owen) at TKR... for a car with a pedigree and strong engineering complement.

The chassis is actually for sale in AA right now...

Interesting powder room noise at Oran Park suggests that the driver has the funding to return to the main game series next year, however based on 2008 performances, may not find a slot...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2353282)   #33
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Getting a few first time posters in this thread.

The word must be getting out on this one.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:40 (Ref:2353285)   #34
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcharli
Thank god you didnt try to pass that off as fact like the profiler did. Having read what he had to say, Id say the only fact that he'd know of is the one between the muck hole and the.......................... And, going by said post, he would have only heard of it via a book of some discription. The whole rant reeked of sour grapes. Me thinks maybe he was the driver with the second highest amount of money to buy the FRSR ride and missed out.
Thexton was an awesome driver... hahaha

Last edited by dazza027; 12 Dec 2008 at 08:43.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 10:01 (Ref:2353334)   #35
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Patrizi put his name to everything said - our critic has attacked very personally from a cover of anonymity - time for a little think music profiler !!
Who cares who is?? He speaks the truth... Patsy couldnt drive an oily stick up a dogs bum... Profiler did not make such crappy claims, Patsy did.

Money does not buy class,credability or ability.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 11:02 (Ref:2353370)   #36
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome back Bazil
Old 12 Dec 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2353406)   #37
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprise, surprise.
Motorsport catagories around the world have got lots of no talent rich dudes with too much time on their hands, over inflated egos and a great ability to embarrass themselves whenever they speak to the media.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 12:31 (Ref:2353432)   #38
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHE917[22]
Surprise, surprise.
Motorsport catagories around the world have got lots of no talent rich dudes with too much time on their hands, over inflated egos and a great ability to embarrass themselves whenever they speak to the media.
For as long as motor sport feasts on money (as it's done since the dawn of time), the majority of combatants will have dubious claim to their positions in the sport, based largely on the size of the wallet positioned between their butt and the seat.

Similarly with egos... if not for a desire to prove themselves the quickest individual known to the species, they'd be content to say "meh, whatever" when aspersions were cast, intead of trying for one more position, or another tenth off... motor racing isn't full of virtuous individuals on gleaming white steeds, full of gallant endeavour... on its less-than best days, it has the capacity to hold the cosmos' most vast conglomeration of sordid, facile, superficial, two-faced stupidity known to man.

Yet to its adherents and admirers, the most sublime moments are marked by unfathomable bravery and virtuosity.

That said, to compare the likes of a Thexton to many of the others in unfair in that Thexton made no bones about his pace or lack thereof: he had money and passion for the sport, and so used one to indulge the other, unashamedly (and rightly so).

Perhaps the sport would be better for a few more Theckos, and less of the other...
Old 12 Dec 2008, 13:14 (Ref:2353465)   #39
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cavvy, your assertion effectively gives rise to outing just about every poster on here, unless you have some magical formula for determining where the line between anonymity and identification exists.

A true test of a "members" credibility lays firmly in their posting history. Profiler's history is firmly rooted around SpeedFX, their current driver, past V8 drivers in Denyer-Caruso, even right back to their Tony Kart superstar Courtney. As far as I can see, his opinions are aligned to reality, whether the truth hurts or not, an in most cases he responds only to gross inaccuracy of issues concerning his own backyard.

His history suggests he is not some guy on here living the motorsport dream via proxy through the keyboard. Nor does he comment randomly or obsessively to generate a post count, even to the point of responding consecutively to his own posts (not referring to you cavvy).

I wouldn't want to see the forum lose the inside insight provided by such members. His posts are often colored by a sense of righting wrongs, not by any attempt to build his self esteem.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the post that explores the possibility of a link between the underlying personality revealed by that story and the Bathurst post-race pit lane incident...any takers?

Oh cavvy, I like your posts as well

Profiler...if you're wanting to comment, why did the said driver not do a few Fujitsu rounds while coming up to speed? My previous post elaborates on this.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2353846)   #40
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
Cavvy, your assertion effectively gives rise to outing just about every poster on here, unless you have some magical formula for determining where the line between anonymity and identification exists.

A true test of a "members" credibility lays firmly in their posting history. Profiler's history is firmly rooted around SpeedFX, their current driver, past V8 drivers in Denyer-Caruso, even right back to their Tony Kart superstar Courtney. As far as I can see, his opinions are aligned to reality, whether the truth hurts or not, an in most cases he responds only to gross inaccuracy of issues concerning his own backyard.

His history suggests he is not some guy on here living the motorsport dream via proxy through the keyboard. Nor does he comment randomly or obsessively to generate a post count, even to the point of responding consecutively to his own posts (not referring to you cavvy).

I wouldn't want to see the forum lose the inside insight provided by such members. His posts are often colored by a sense of righting wrongs, not by any attempt to build his self esteem.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the post that explores the possibility of a link between the underlying personality revealed by that story and the Bathurst post-race pit lane incident...any takers?

Oh cavvy, I like your posts as well

Profiler...if you're wanting to comment, why did the said driver not do a few Fujitsu rounds while coming up to speed? My previous post elaborates on this.
Well said.

Happy to add my name to that view.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 22:20 (Ref:2353879)   #41
cavvy
Veteran

credibility

[QUOTE=davester]Cavvy, your assertion effectively gives rise to outing just about every poster on here, unless you have some magical formula for determining where the line between anonymity and identification exists.

... His posts are often colored by a sense of righting wrongs, not by any attempt to build his self esteem.

QUOTE]

My concern is The Profiler getting personal .. e.g no job, a parent paying for one of their kids to go motor racing.

Put the remarks in context - the Kalgoorlie Miner, a hometown paper printing an article on one of their own performing on the national stage.
He pumped his own tyres up, so offensive to The Profiler - the PR industry I think its called.
Ausdrill, a Patrizi sponsor, operates in Kal.
Ausdrill is ASX listed, not a Patrizi family business.

Was this article similar (a follow up) to previous articles on Patrizi when he raced overseas?

I followed Patrizi through the year, looking at his efforts in qualifying versus racing - his best practice laps were rarely repeated in races - yes, it was a very disappointing year, so I dont argue on that point.

The Profiler chucks in a hand grenade & wants to sneak away unaccountable for the personal attack, poor !!
Old 12 Dec 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2353886)   #42
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Profiler chucks in a hand grenade & wants to sneak away unaccountable for the personal attack, poor !!
That was my issue with it. He came in here and spammed us with a lengthy personal attack on a driver and then basically said he wouldn't be around to defend his comments. I found that a bit lame and pointless.

Ultimately from what I have seen of Patrizi, I've never been impressed myself.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 00:32 (Ref:2353941)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Interesting powder room noise at Oran Park suggests that the driver has the funding to return to the main game series next year, however based on 2008 performances, may not find a slot...
Deal done, 2nd PCR-prepared car, this year's #111 ex-888 BF... licence source unkown....

Allegedly
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Dec 2008, 00:57 (Ref:2353947)   #44
bazil
Veteran

Bang!!

Quote:
I followed Patrizi through the year, looking at his efforts in qualifying versus racing - his best practice laps were rarely repeated in races - yes,
Practice laps??? Main game in our leading touring class...

Quote:
Who are you Cavvy?? Don’t tell us though otherwise you might just be another keyboard jock livin the dream. I think Davestar's point about previous post history is valid.

When posters (see imposters) come on forums like these and speak gibberish(see britekman) they are soon exposed and disappear.

Bomb away Profiler, I for one happen to love anyone that is prepared say what many will think but wont utter...
Old 13 Dec 2008, 01:01 (Ref:2353948)   #45
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have not posted on this forum for a long time, but I must agree with the profiler. In fact half of the V8 field don't have the talent to win a race as long as their bums point to the ground. There are a lot of drivers in other racing classes that could do a better job, but will never get the chance because they don't have the cheque book. Most of the team owners arn't racers their simply business men and not interested in winning or they would put drivers in their cars who could give them a chance of winning.
Panzer.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 01:17 (Ref:2353955)   #46
bazil
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer
I have not posted on this forum for a long time, but I must agree with the profiler. In fact half of the V8 field don't have the talent to win a race as long as their bums point to the ground. There are a lot of drivers in other racing classes that could do a better job, but will never get the chance because they don't have the cheque book. Most of the team owners arn't racers their simply business men and not interested in winning or they would put drivers in their cars who could give them a chance of winning.
Panzer.
In any class of racing there are those that will never compete for a win. But, just because they are dicing for 18th does not mean they are not every bit the racer the front guys are. Racing is racing!

These days there are only a few drivers that are clearly out of thier depth in the main game.But only the dumb ones talk themselves up to a level that they know when looking at themselves in the mirror is probably beyond them...
Old 13 Dec 2008, 02:06 (Ref:2353972)   #47
cavvy
Veteran

its only my opinion ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
Practice laps??? Main game in our leading touring class...

Who are you Cavvy?? Don’t tell us though otherwise you might just be another keyboard jock livin the dream. I think Davestar's point about previous post history is valid.

When posters (see imposters) come on forums like these and speak gibberish(see britekman) they are soon exposed and disappear.

Bomb away Profiler, I for one happen to love anyone that is prepared say what many will think but wont utter...
Baz, I am as you describe ... who you are is of no interest to me. Is your opinion of more value than mine?

I find The Profilers personal attack objectionable .. you OK with that? To attack the man personally whilst hiding his own identity is what it is. I've drawn a conclusion, so have you Baz.

I accept The Profilers assessment of Patrizis first year in V8s (see my practice comments).

Last edited by cavvy; 13 Dec 2008 at 02:08.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 03:17 (Ref:2354000)   #48
bazil
Veteran

pot calling the kettle black...

Quote:
Is your opinion of more value than mine?
No, its a forum. that is the point.

Quote:
I find The Profilers personal attack objectionable .. you OK with that? To attack the man personally whilst hiding his own identity is what it is. I've drawn a conclusion, so have you Baz.
He is attacking the gibberish that came out of Patsys mouth and reacting to the falsehoods on an open forum. I also thought it was gibberish, are you OK with that??

Cav,you jump at the chance to defend the likes of TW based on "facts" and yet appear not to appreciate the same from others. How could you find Profilers attack objectionable unless you know otherwise, to offer up Profiler should out himself to justify his comments is absurd at best.

I have not seen any industry types that lurk these pages jumping up to howl Profiler down. I wonder why???
Old 13 Dec 2008, 03:36 (Ref:2354012)   #49
cavvy
Veteran

play it again Sam.

Baz, no problem with attacking the gibberish related to our sport, its the personal stuff .. even from industry types (that a secret hand shake or a nod & a wink!!)

Re TW, just the misrepresentations posted as facts were my problem. Attack away, the Arrows affair make him fair game, just dont post nonsense.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 07:01 (Ref:2354040)   #50
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jesus christ you people are full of ****, the car patrizi was in this year was 4-5 years old, the team owner jim morton was willing to spend no money on improving the car because he had no money and there are more reasons to why he has left the sport then many of you and its a fact that alot of team owners repsect michael and his ability to drive namely the guys at dick johnson racing and fpr YOU delusional about the type of car patrizi was in this year, it was not even in the same league as the other two prepared by fpr i shouldnt say alot of this but i find what you people are writing ridiculous your a bunch of wanna be know it alls
Closed Thread