Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Apr 2000, 13:41 (Ref:7217)   #1
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you guys think about this? I think most of us agree that they need to come off, in the name of safety and competition. NASCAR is currently holding a test at Talladega with a Jack Roush Ford and a Richard Childress Chevrolet to find ways to "mess up" the aerodynamics of the cars enough to take the restrictor plates off. Ned Jarrett thinks that the cars' windshields need to be at a sharper angle, much like the Trucks, who put on an awesome show at Daytona. Other ideas are to make the greenhouses of the cars larger, or to put a larger spoiler on the back of the car.

So, a) do you want the restrictor plates off the cars and b) does anyone have any ideas for accomplishing this? Thanks.
Old 17 Apr 2000, 20:22 (Ref:7218)   #2
indyracefan
Rookie

indyracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
most definitely would I like to see the plates gone.....and as I stated in an earlier thread, steeper windshields, bigger nose grille openings, box-ier front ends, less front dam & steeper & taller rear spoiler, less fender flares would all go a long way.
Old 17 Apr 2000, 20:38 (Ref:7219)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This sounds almost as though you're advocating a return to - say - '64 Fords and Plymouths.

If you are - I'm with you all the way!
Old 17 Apr 2000, 22:02 (Ref:7220)   #4
indyracefan
Rookie

indyracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimD:
This sounds almost as though you're advocating a return to - say - '64 Fords and Plymouths.

If you are - I'm with you all the way!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL....well, something close maybe though actually I'm a Chevy fan!

Old 17 Apr 2000, 22:14 (Ref:7221)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got a mental picture of an old style Volvo....at least if they go down that route at least it will be safe
Old 18 Apr 2000, 18:57 (Ref:7222)   #6
MR_MRee
Rookie

MR_MRee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about cow pushers like the old steam locamotives had on the front. Seriously though I hope that Roush and Childress can come up with something that works.From what I've read however,NASCAR is doing the test more to appease the drivers than anything else and probably wont take any action regardless of the results.

I wonder why NASCAR doesn't use a smaller engine instead of plates.Even if it meant using six bangers that would be better than the choked down engines they now use.The restricted engines generate around 450 hp or about what the ASA was getting out of the six cylinders over the last few years.(the ASA started using a stock fuel injected Chevy Vortex V8 this year)

NASCAR needs to do something to keep safe speeds and give the drivers more throttle response.Mr.MaGoo could see that.