Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jul 2001, 12:26 (Ref:113338)   #1
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poll results on more manufacturers in Supercars - is the result a true indicator?

I see that about 70% of people want more manufacturers in V8Supercars. This doesn't sound right to me. I thought everyone liked it the way it was? The result is very surprising.
Old 6 Jul 2001, 00:02 (Ref:113589)   #2
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael,
Who is everyone? A two horse will always remain that no matter how many of each horse you have - two horses.

For all its faults, the ST's at least had variety. Current V8 Supercar rules are, IMHO, a crock.
Old 6 Jul 2001, 00:14 (Ref:113596)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way Tony C talks no other makes will be allowed. CAMS should encourage manufacturers to look at the ASTC rather than the ATCC, i'm sure it wouldn't cost 7 million for a season in the ST
Old 6 Jul 2001, 09:25 (Ref:113658)   #4
Michael H
Racer

Racetime,

I mean by evryone just that. I'm not a great fan myself of the V8Supercars, I just follow it because its the biggest game in town, and sadly GTP gets squashed by it. We keep getting told that 2L has no fans at all, but I know that this is not the case. They just won't turn up to a meeting of 2L until a decent field is assembled.
Old 6 Jul 2001, 09:33 (Ref:113660)   #5
RaceTime
Veteran

But even when they had decent fields, they still weren't pulling the crowds, were they?

One of their problems has been the gap between the front runners and the other 90% of the field. V8's have at least managed to bring them reasonably close together - there isn't much lapping in their sprint races - which cannot be said of the ST's.
Old 6 Jul 2001, 09:43 (Ref:113665)   #6
Michael H
Racer

but at least there was overtaking in Super Touring. In V8s its follow the leader in sprint races. In the new pit stop races a bloke gets out front after a pit stop and cruises, unchallenged, to victory.
Old 6 Jul 2001, 11:42 (Ref:113699)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
V8's close , look at the flamin points, 2 holdens kicking anus. HRT have one the last 4 of the last 5, please , stop the fight it's all over, throw the towl in and get Mr Cochrane to leave. I pose the question is it harder to win in V8's or beat Paul Morris in a Super Tourer in the present. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
Old 6 Jul 2001, 12:30 (Ref:113726)   #8
RaceTime
Veteran

Let me clarify what I mean by close...The V8's ARE very close - they may not be able to race or overtake, but when you get 30% or more of the field qualifying and running fastest laps within one second of each other - that is close.

The ST's on the other hand, are too spread out and are nowhere near a match for each other. The best team is obviously the best team on the track and noone is within a cats whisker of Morris.

V8's - the best team is NOT always the fastest or race winning team - but they are definately consistent Skaife and Bright are always there at the finish.