Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1942760)   #26
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Booking already placed at the booking office for next year, roll on 2008!!!!
Atmosphere was great this year, had a lot of fun with the danes on the trip back to the track on friday night. Next year hoping for no more Audi dominance, that would be great!
This year we went first to Reims to visit the old grandprix track, i can recommend it to every motorsport lover, you feel the history over there it is a beautiful place to hang around when the sun comes up. You can make wonderful pics there.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1942881)   #27
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ACO 'granstand places even booked for next year. Ready for next show. Will keep an eye on new works as possible.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 08:24 (Ref:1943149)   #28
frostycm
Rookie

England
Bristol
frostycm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2008 plans

Looking into planning the 2008 run.
Give Craig a break from it and see what kind off mess Myself and Mike can make of it
Looking at a couple of cars and a couple of motorbikes so far, and the portsmouth - le harve overnight ferry on Wednesday night.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 11:30 (Ref:1943285)   #29
Liteweight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Warwick
Liteweight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't decide about next year. Definitely want to get to the classic (they are my true passion!) and not sure i can justify two trips to Le Sarthe....Actually what am i saying? Of course i can justify two trips! Whether the bank manager agrees though....
Old 21 Jun 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1943497)   #30
Rob_Brimer
Rookie

United States
California
Rob_Brimer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking about being there in 2008

I've read numerous postings about going to Le Mans next year. This being my possible first time, I thought about getting a package deal where my seats would be over the pits. Has anyone been in that area before? See, I like to take pictures, and one of the things I'm trying to avoid are the fences. So, if anyone has any better ideas, I'd be more than happy to hear from you.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1943654)   #31
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would any of the veterans like to post up a list of things needed to go to LM?

Ill be applying for a passport in the next few weeks. And obviously I need a ticket, but whats a good checklist or something to go by so I can start preparing for my trip over.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1943688)   #32
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B

Ill be applying for a passport in the next few weeks. And obviously I need a ticket, but whats a good checklist or something to go by so I can start preparing for my trip over.
Here is some very good material http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97250
Old 21 Jun 2007, 22:51 (Ref:1943771)   #33
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Brimer
I've read numerous postings about going to Le Mans next year. This being my possible first time, I thought about getting a package deal where my seats would be over the pits. Has anyone been in that area before? See, I like to take pictures, and one of the things I'm trying to avoid are the fences. So, if anyone has any better ideas, I'd be more than happy to hear from you.
Having just popped my Le Mans cherry I probably can't offer the sort of sage advice other people on the board can but I was very happy with Tribune 34 (over the pits). It's quite steeply raked so your view shouldn't be too obscured, you've a decent view of one of the big screens, and if you wander down to the front - reasonably easy outside the start and finish - and lean over you can get some very good shots of cars going past slowly enough for a rank amateur such as myself! The other pleasant surprise was being able to see so much detail in the pit boxes, especially when surprises cropped up.

Aside from that, it kept the rain off, which was a good thing, there's slightly less traffic around there so by Sunday afternoon the toilets were still habitable without NBC gear, and from the back it's quite fun peering into the team's transporters etc.

Downside? You only really see the start-finish straight, you can't see into the pit boxes themselves, and being quite high up you lose a bit of the sense of speed.

However, as I'm sure others will opine, for all that Grandstand seats are great, Le Mans comes into its own when you get to other parts of the circuit. Saturday evening by the Dunlop Esses, sitting listening to RLM, Orval in hand, and soaking in the Loire countryside and seeing cars really do what they're meant to is something that comes pretty close to heaven in my book.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 07:26 (Ref:1943952)   #34
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The best information is available here: http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/
Old 22 Jun 2007, 08:15 (Ref:1943986)   #35
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Le Mans 2008

Do we have the dates for 2008 yet? I'm assuming 14th/15th June?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 16:40 (Ref:1944383)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Is it the first 2 class winners or first 3 class winners who get a by for 2008 ?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 20:48 (Ref:1944577)   #37
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Vicious rumour that Pug want 3 chassis at next years race ..... who might be a possible contender to run that tractor then ?

After seeing the diesels , they do look impressive , but they sound crap !!!

Hey Ayse ..... didnt Rockenfeller and capello do well then ?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 22:23 (Ref:1944629)   #38
The Badger
Veteran

Am I correct in saying that the following have entries for 2008

LMP1
Audi Sport Team Joest R10
Puegeot Sport 908 VAP

LMP2
Binnie Motorsports
Barazi Epsilon

GT1
AMR
Corvette Racing

GT2
Imsa Performance
Risi Competizione

So far ?
Old 23 Jun 2007, 08:25 (Ref:1944787)   #39
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
LMP1
Audi Sport North America
Puegeot Sport 908 VAP
#1 and #2 were entered by Audi Sport North America, #3 by Joest.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 14:10 (Ref:1944950)   #40
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Am I correct in saying that the following have entries for 2008

LMP1
Audi Sport Team Joest R10
Puegeot Sport 908 VAP

LMP2
Binnie Motorsports
Barazi Epsilon

GT1
AMR
Corvette Racing

GT2
Imsa Performance
Risi Competizione

So far ?
definetely badger, i would probably have a pop at there being an honda/acura ARX01a being there next year and hopefully BK with their lola mazda as well.

here's hoping also for a porsche RS spyder evo or 2 as well, the car finally looks as though it could take on the might of the sarthe at last, with their reliability problems virtually gone, here's hoping
Old 23 Jun 2007, 14:46 (Ref:1944969)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

Im just talking about what "has" a by for next year , so far . Acura and Honda dont so far .

But im sure Fernandez will be there ..... not sure about RS Spyder reliability either .
Old 23 Jun 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1944976)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
If Acura wants to race at LM I am sure ACO invites them.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 16:30 (Ref:1945020)   #43
The Badger
Veteran

Im sure of that too ..... im just trying to point out what has a by for next year , not what might get in . What is already invited from the finishing position at Le Mans .

Is the first 2 in every class or first 3 in every class ?
Old 24 Jun 2007, 00:44 (Ref:1945202)   #44
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Whatever you guys(and gall's)do,stear clear of camping on "mudballet" Beausejour. We've had some friends of us staying there which we visited on the Sundayevening,and it was loads of fun with the mud donut fields and all,but if ya wanna put up your tent there,it's best not to forget a 4wd vehicle otherwise you'll run the risk of getting stuck in the goo...
Oh,and count on spending a lot of time standing in stationary trafficjams ON the campsite. It was a good fun atmospherewise,but I was VERY glad we were campin' on Houx annexe! Allready placed an order for 15 tickets for next year,two days after prequalifying. Hope that's early enough to have landed them campspots...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 07:53 (Ref:1945309)   #45
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You might want to check about Houx annexe, my understanding is that it's going to be parking for the stadium and won't be available for camping for 2008. Probably worth an email to the ACO to check.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 08:19 (Ref:1945331)   #46
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
You might want to check about Houx annexe, my understanding is that it's going to be parking for the stadium and won't be available for camping for 2008. Probably worth an email to the ACO to check.

That is rumoured to be correct, but it is worth pointing out that the football stadium is not complete yet, and likey to take more than a year to do so (several if wembley is a guide!).

It may also be the location of a park and ride scheme in conjunction with the new tram network that will be up and running soon.

Either way the long term future of the Annexe is in doubt and the ACO have yet to come up with any other new area apart from enlarging the BJ site.

What is possible is the switching of the parking areas around. Having a new carpark on the Annexe site will free up some of the existing car parks that could possibly then be used as camping. This clearly would not apply to the ones on the short track as the ACO would be worried about broken glass etc.

If more people are forced onto the BJ site then the ACO would be well advised to increase the shuttle bus numbers imho.

Last edited by Nordic; 24 Jun 2007 at 08:25.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 11:17 (Ref:1945442)   #47
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
When I was at Houx annexe this year,I had someone tell me that the whole of the Houx annexe and Houx area's are not owned by the ACO. It is supposed to be in the hands of a family for many years allready and this family is,as the rumour goes,not at all in favour of a themepark or footballpark.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1946408)   #48
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to say that (despite the mud - which wasn't too bad considering) BSJ was a good site to be on.
As with any site location, location, location is important and fortunately we were off the beaten track in a corner on top of a hill, so stayed pretty dry, but even in a little convertable BMW Z3 we managed to get in and out fine.
That said, we didn't move the car from Friday evening to Monday morning - who would????!

Think we were in the BSJ overspill camp site/ field.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1947338)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat

I think this year was a watershed for GT1.
Very funny.

I was the one looking for a shed to escape the water.........
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:44 (Ref:1947339)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B
The Club Arnage Guide renders most other lists mere surplusage but I've had my own list on my site for a number of years...... It rarely lets me down.

And yes, I think I may go again next year.......