Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:49 (Ref:1947344)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger

Hey Ayse ..... didnt Rockenfeller and capello do well then ?

I guess 2 out of 3 was more than I could reasonably have hoped for.......
Old 26 Jun 2007, 17:02 (Ref:1947416)   #52
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
The Club Arnage Guide renders most other lists mere surplusage but I've had my own list on my site for a number of years...... It rarely lets me down.
Two very good references, I might add!
Thanks!
Old 1 Jul 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1951826)   #53
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speaking of the le mans 2008... has anybody heard the slightest rumor of the audi r8 roadcar being prepared for competing in the gt1 class? i haven't but i'd surely like to see it working against the astons and the vettes. and it'd also be nice to have audi in two categories could they win both? )
Old 1 Jul 2007, 21:35 (Ref:1951838)   #54
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The R8 has an engine that would only work in GT2 (the Spyker team in GT2 uses a version of the R8 V8) and there have been no rumors of Audi racing the R8 in GT2. One reason would be that the R8 is all wheel drive with Quattro and making it rear wheel drive would go against how it was designed.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 21:46 (Ref:1951846)   #55
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thx! so it isn't truly probable
Old 3 Jul 2007, 11:16 (Ref:1953314)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Damn, such a shame having no prospect of Audi winning two categories........
Old 3 Jul 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1953674)   #57
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still think the ACO will need to re-address the very obvious diesel advantage before the next one. Would prefer to see a better scrap for places and not the total dominance of Audi and Pug over all petrol entries again!
Old 3 Jul 2007, 22:11 (Ref:1953763)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Have we best-guessed the date of next year's race yet? Are we assuming 14/15th June 08? I've certainly put in for the leave for then....
Old 3 Jul 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1953766)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Still think the ACO will need to re-address the very obvious diesel advantage before the next one. Would prefer to see a better scrap for places and not the total dominance of Audi and Pug over all petrol entries again!
The strange thing for me was that although sportscar racing for me is still all about the prototypes, I found myself strongly drawn to the LMGT1 battle this year. But clearly something has to be done.....
Old 4 Jul 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1954146)   #60
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
The strange thing for me was that although sportscar racing for me is still all about the prototypes, I found myself strongly drawn to the LMGT1 battle this year. But clearly something has to be done.....
Is this because we had a potential 3-way battle? I know ORECA were way off in the end, but the thought of them causing an upset was very intriguing for me! And in qualifying they didn't look too far off. And none of them were diesel powered. And there was much more British interest in the resultant victor!
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1954226)   #61
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster
The R8 has an engine that would only work in GT2 (the Spyker team in GT2 uses a version of the R8 V8) and there have been no rumors of Audi racing the R8 in GT2. One reason would be that the R8 is all wheel drive with Quattro and making it rear wheel drive would go against how it was designed.
Both reasons don't make sense to me. First of all that V8 could easily be tuned up to pump out over 600hp, plus that there's a V10 version coming. Second of all the Murcielago is 4WD as well, which is strongly defended by Audi/Lamborghini, yet they didn't mind it being unhooked for the GT1 version. R8 GT1 not likely? Probably not no. But not for the reasons you mention.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1954229)   #62
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know if is the right place, anyway,
italian magazine "Autosprint" (and http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=15450&cat=15) reports (transaltion..to bad I know):

<<Toyota is very interested to Le Mans (again), with the future coupe rules, and they tested a new engine on the chassis of an old GTOne at Le Castelled. Cologne factory (the same of F1) should realize the new car.
>>
Old 4 Jul 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1954309)   #63
sssssssss
Veteran

to see toyota coming back with an upgraded gt-one for their first attempt to beat a "mature" audi and a 700hp peugeot - that would be absolutely awsome!!! will they come for 2008? or just from 2009? what year are they talking about?
Old 4 Jul 2007, 16:30 (Ref:1954357)   #64
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The new regs are for 2010 ..... I sincerly hope they are getting ****ed off with their results in F1 and pipe the money towards sportscars soon !!!
Old 4 Jul 2007, 22:32 (Ref:1954652)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss
to see toyota coming back with an upgraded gt-one for their first attempt to beat a "mature" audi and a 700hp peugeot - that would be absolutely awsome!!! will they come for 2008? or just from 2009? what year are they talking about?
Speaking as one for whom the GT-One was one of my ultimate Le Mans cars, I'd be drooling.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Is this because we had a potential 3-way battle? I know ORECA were way off in the end, but the thought of them causing an upset was very intriguing for me! And in qualifying they didn't look too far off. And none of them were diesel powered. And there was much more British interest in the resultant victor!
Yes, exactly that, I think
Old 4 Jul 2007, 23:04 (Ref:1954693)   #66
sssssssss
Veteran

the toyota gt-one was the ultimate 1999 car for sure. and one of the greatest ever. i would have liked to see them compete with audi in 2000... i think the 2000 r8 just wouldn't have had the speed to beat it, so only another tyre failure could have stopped it, just as with the bmw v12 lmr in 1999. the r8 2000 wasn't much quicker than the lmr 1999, at least at le mans. toyota quaified 3:29.930 in 1999, the r8 2000 over 3:36. and toyota's mulsanne speed was 352 km/h in 1999, while the 2000 r8 hit 325 km/h... so i think in 2000 it would have been its chance against audi. the next variants of the r8 would have been quick enough to fight the gt-one competitively: the 2002 r8 was the only car to beat toyota's qualifying time, with a 3:29.905.

but if we're expecting a newly developed variant of the gt-one, it could again be the car to beat. toyota have proved incredibly competitive at le mans every time they came, although they failed to win this far. i'm a traditional (from my childhood) audi lover, but for sure i'd like to see and upgraded gt-one back against audi and peugeot at le mans... if not necesarily for taking the victory, definitely for the show!
Old 4 Jul 2007, 23:08 (Ref:1954697)   #67
sssssssss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
The new regs are for 2010 ..... I sincerly hope they are getting ****ed off with their results in F1 and pipe the money towards sportscars soon !!!
me too!
but coupes were allowed to run at le mans and still are... why wouldn't they come for le mans 2008 or 2009?... we had the bentley in 2003, we have the 908 in 2007... is there any posibility (i'd truly love it) for them to come quicker than 2010 to le mans?
Old 4 Jul 2007, 23:42 (Ref:1954719)   #68
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im not sure if a 2010 rule would be legal before then ..... maybe to build a car for 2008 and 2009 would be pointless when the 2010 design comes out ? Does this make sense ?
Old 5 Jul 2007, 00:31 (Ref:1954746)   #69
sssssssss
Veteran

actually we've seen toyota before switch the approximately same car from a category to the other to comply with the new regulations. if you remember in 1998 the toyota gt-one was a gt1 class car (although ultimately it was a prototype) and in 1999 it was switched to lmgtp. so i see no real point there.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 05:34 (Ref:1954825)   #70
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss
actually we've seen toyota before switch the approximately same car from a category to the other to comply with the new regulations. if you remember in 1998 the toyota gt-one was a gt1 class car (although ultimately it was a prototype) and in 1999 it was switched to lmgtp. so i see no real point there.
But LM GTP regulations were almost the same as old GT1 regs without the road car part. The "2010 coupe" aero regs are going to be completely different from current P1.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 06:59 (Ref:1954858)   #71
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be great to see Toyota back with an LMP entry.

In fairness, if the diesel regulations bring back big manafacturer interest, then it can only be a good thing for Le Mans as a whole. I quite enjoyed watching the Audi/Pug battle. Introduce Toyota into the picture and suddenly the future starts looking very bright!
Old 5 Jul 2007, 07:18 (Ref:1954874)   #72
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Toyota Lexus are into Hybrid Technology in a big way and using this would be the obvious angle for them to come back.

I feel sure they would want to go for overall wins.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1955144)   #73
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be a hybrid i would have thought although not necesarily the first couple of years - doubt toyota have much of an interest in diesels as it is 'old tech' going nowhere longterm
Old 5 Jul 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1955530)   #74
The Badger
Veteran

Please tell Audi & Pug that !!!
Old 5 Jul 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1955551)   #75
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Would be a hybrid i would have thought although not necesarily the first couple of years - doubt toyota have much of an interest in diesels as it is 'old tech' going nowhere longterm
how long is long term? Suppose they go for diesel hybrids....