Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 16 Nov 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3863674)   #26
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Buy a bicycle. That's fully manual.......

Not necessarily these days ...
Old 16 Nov 2018, 21:55 (Ref:3863678)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True enough - that's 'progress', I guess!
Old 18 Nov 2018, 16:33 (Ref:3863996)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have a choice of vehicles to use and will use an auto for traffic jam town driving and a manual for long runs on decent roads.
Autos tended to use more fuel in days of old but modern ones seem on par with the same manual versions.
One thing I will add is that the "so called" autos at the cheaper end of the scale that simply change gear by electronics on a manual box are not the nicest things to drive compared to a "true" automatic IMHO
The Bentley Bentaga that I used a while back was automatic and great fun
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Nov 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3864261)   #29
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I have a choice of vehicles to use and will use an auto for traffic jam town driving and a manual for long runs on decent roads.
Autos tended to use more fuel in days of old but modern ones seem on par with the same manual versions.
One thing I will add is that the "so called" autos at the cheaper end of the scale that simply change gear by electronics on a manual box are not the nicest things to drive compared to a "true" automatic IMHO
The Bentley Bentaga that I used a while back was automatic and great fun
That is a nice auto box, drives much better than my old 3+1 Chevy Suburban manual. The same one as the Bentley comes in the diesel Ram 1500 and it's a dream with the 3L and programmed well.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 12:02 (Ref:3864470)   #30
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The same one as the Bentley comes in the diesel Ram 1500 and it's a dream with the 3L and programmed well.

The same ZF 8-speed box as the Charger uses, I think; best auto I've ever driven!

On the subject of programming, my impression from a couple of dozen rentals in the US is that Mopar boxes are programmed by enthusiastic drivers, GM by economy freaks, Ford somewhere in between.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3864476)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
The same ZF 8-speed box as the Charger uses, I think; best auto I've ever driven!

On the subject of programming, my impression from a couple of dozen rentals in the US is that Mopar boxes are programmed by enthusiastic drivers, GM by economy freaks, Ford somewhere in between.
Same basic design but the Charger and V6 Ram use the FCA build here in the US (SC I believe), the Hemi and EcoDiesel trucks use the German made actual ZF. And no, no one can say why other than maybe it's a contract thing and supposedly they aren't interchangeable even though they are "identical"

To be back on topic, the new Stinger GT is selling like crazy in the Atlanta area. I'm thinking I see at least one a day here lately, and non-car people ALWAYS want to call it a better looking BMW. It doesn't look bad but way too high for me for a KIA.
Old 23 Nov 2018, 07:31 (Ref:3865196)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post

Can program the manual box for all these settings on the fly, computer never goes on the fritz assuming the limp home mode (OK for about 4km, longer needs towing) and then requires a dealer reset for no reason the dealer can explain. Never had this problem with a manual gearbox.

Last edited by wnut; 23 Nov 2018 at 07:57.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 07:21 (Ref:4019329)   #33
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like manuals and have a Korean car in the garage, never really thought much about Hyundai until I drove a i30N. Then bought the Fastback version. Have had it for fourteen months and it is very good, only complaints are the interesting feel to the steering either side of centre on the highway and that it eats its front tyres! Those with brand snobbery don't like it but very few German hot hatches are better, and none for the price.

I am not immune to brand snobbery though, the other car is a Range Rover. Best not to mention the origins of the motorcycles...