Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Sep 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3930608)   #176
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just in from my stint . Great fun”slipping and sliding “.Owner next up for short stint then I’m in for last 90 min . P72. Lap times respectable as well so happy boy .
Old 28 Sep 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3930609)   #177
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Plain and simple- I crashed........ Totally gutted. Not something I make a habit of. Was just coming in at end of my 2hrs. Track was diabolical, more ice rink than race circuit. Got onto grass and from there on was a passenger. Car immovable so stuck out in the boondocks until end of race.

Maybe time to hang up my helmet.....
Old 28 Sep 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3930614)   #178
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't be daft. We spoke to your team mates. You have another race tomorrow. As I know very well, bodywork is replaceable, bodies aren't
See you tomorrow.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3930617)   #179
stiggy
Rookie

stiggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hour and half ish to go, we are 17th o/a and currently 1st in class GTS11...
Old 28 Sep 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3930625)   #180
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there any GT40s left. 4 or 5 I think with the DP214 in 3rd at the mo. Lots of retirements.

Dunno what conditions like as webcam is basically black.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3930632)   #181
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Plain and simple- I crashed........ Totally gutted. Not something I make a habit of. Was just coming in at end of my 2hrs. Track was diabolical, more ice rink than race circuit. Got onto grass and from there on was a passenger. Car immovable so stuck out in the boondocks until end of race.

Maybe time to hang up my helmet.....
Gutted for you and the team Mike....but as Peter said, tomorrow is another day....
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 28 Sep 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3930635)   #182
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Equally gutted for you and the team.... what with the engine last week it has not been a good trot. But as we say in Spain mañana is another day.

Hopefully damage is not too severe.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 21:58 (Ref:3930653)   #183
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well the Galaxie held up until last lap . Ball joint broke or something like that . Made it a little exciting for me . Anyway classified P64 P11 in class so we are well chuffed. 6 pit stops when we only need 3 but hey ho . Owner is already talking about next year . Nice cup of tea and bed .
Old 28 Sep 2019, 22:02 (Ref:3930656)   #184
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good one Iain! Well done you and the team.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 22:06 (Ref:3930658)   #185
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well the Galaxie held up until last lap . Ball joint broke or something like that . Made it a little exciting for me . Anyway classified P64 P11 in class so we are well chuffed. 6 pit stops when we only need 3 but hey ho . Owner is already talking about next year . Nice cup of tea and bed .
Old 28 Sep 2019, 23:12 (Ref:3930667)   #186
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys, shame I didn't find this thread earlier. Was there today. What an event! Those GT40s caused me to use earplugs for the first time at a Motorsport event in years... And that includes old F1 demos at Goodwood.

What's the tip for best action to watch tomorrow (now today, Sunday)
Old 28 Sep 2019, 23:36 (Ref:3930671)   #187
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Guys, shame I didn't find this thread earlier. Was there today. What an event! Those GT40s caused me to use earplugs for the first time at a Motorsport event in years... And that includes old F1 demos at Goodwood.

What's the tip for best action to watch tomorrow (now today, Sunday)
I would say everything.

The Sportscars will be good. The T70s are even louder than the GT40s

The Pre 66 GT is good along with the Historic F1. The Pre 66 Touring will have a lot of action with the Mustangs going against Minis, espescially if its wet.

I've only mentioned a few. Every grid being the nature of the event will be good.

Enjoy and hope I helped. Very envious of you
Old 28 Sep 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3930676)   #188
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Commiserations Mike - from the sound of it the conditions could catch anyone out.....well done Delta for your team's performance
Old 29 Sep 2019, 02:03 (Ref:3930687)   #189
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes a great result Iain. Well done to you and your team.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 04:53 (Ref:3930698)   #190
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Commiserations Mike - from the sound of it the conditions could catch anyone out.....well done Delta for your team's performance
Well the conditions did catch quite a few out as expected- just didn’t expect to amongst them. Had a quick scan of results and doesn’t make me feel any better!

Congrats to the class GTS11 class winners- in their MGB! The Doug Smith MG Motorsport car driven by Peereboom, Izaks and (Tom) Smith is always a contender, given a clean run. Fact that 911s filled the other podium places reflects on the conditions, and some good driving from their teams.

Talking of driving, I was impressed with most of the faster cars patience when overtaking. Definitely better than previous years!
Old 29 Sep 2019, 05:51 (Ref:3930700)   #191
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
More on ‘our’ class GTS11 podium places- the Bates / Bates 911 that finished 2nd started at the back of the grid as they only did two laps qualifying. The engine failed and had to be rebuilt before the race...... Well done them- that’s proper 6hrs stuff!

Great result for the DP214 Aston as well, 2nd o/a and 1st GTS car home. Again, that car seems to be at home in the wet!
Old 29 Sep 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3930716)   #192
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gutted to hear of your off Mike, but as others have said, car can be fixed, glad you’re ok.

Well done to Iain & team, shame about John’s engine but the trials & tribulations are what makes this the best Historic event on the calendar - enjoy!
Old 29 Sep 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3930717)   #193
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Cliff. Couple of pics before it started raining again. Lola 310 rear view and the GT40 Parade getting assembled....
Attached Thumbnails
CD6E4C8B-513D-4DB3-81B8-8A469D42BDD7.jpeg   27626173-EBB6-413E-92DC-17E5EFFDDE7F.jpeg  
Old 29 Sep 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3930720)   #194
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No worry Mike, today is the other day. Already. I can't imagine how many helmets could be hanged up when the driver goes off the track! Strange collection could be made, pros and ams…
Nice pics, thanks.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3930722)   #195
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's currently lashing it down again. Getting a bit boring now but looks like it's in for the day. At least the piped music is sounds of the 60s and not europop.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3930749)   #196
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Going back to a question asked many pages ago as to how an estate car (the Mini) was eligible for the race- basically, it wasn’t! It was in an ‘invitation’ class and not classified as a finisher. If it had been, it would have been 23rd o/a. There was one GT40 also classified as ‘invitation’, but that didn’t start.

The HSCC closed wheel race attracted everything from a Jowett Jupiter to the can-am Lola, pictured here in park ferme. Most impressive cars on the grid were the Historic S2000s. Amazing ‘bang for your buck’!
Attached Thumbnails
A2C9F961-FB8C-414E-8573-E6E33B65890C.jpeg  
Old 29 Sep 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3930762)   #197
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Going back to a question asked many pages ago as to how an estate car (the Mini) was eligible for the race- basically, it wasn’t! It was in an ‘invitation’ class and not classified as a finisher. If it had been, it would have been 23rd o/a. There was one GT40 also classified as ‘invitation’, but that didn’t start.

The HSCC closed wheel race attracted everything from a Jowett Jupiter to the can-am Lola, pictured here in park ferme. Most impressive cars on the grid were the Historic S2000s. Amazing ‘bang for your buck’!
Some quick drivers in S2000 have come from the Modern championship I think. Really good addition to Thundersports and as you say are very competitive .
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3930795)   #198
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
We are bringing our Tiga SC78 Sports 2000 to Portimao .
Old 29 Sep 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3930816)   #199
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alright, who’s the lunatic in the yellow #33 911 who spent the entire HSCC race drifting between Eau Rouge and Radillon?

Last edited by Langers; 29 Sep 2019 at 13:51.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 14:17 (Ref:3930838)   #200
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bright yellow 911 number 33 sounds like Mark Bates who is normally seen in the FIA Masters Sportscar Championship .