Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Mar 2020, 12:33 (Ref:3961905)   #226
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I ordered bogroll from Amazon. No panic, just we're running out!
Old 6 Mar 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3961920)   #227
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I ordered bogroll from Amazon. No panic, just we're running out!
Paper Kitchen towels make an ok substitute, plus each sheet is bigger and thicker, than on your average toilet roll, so it should last a lot longer.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3961928)   #228
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Paper Kitchen towels make an ok substitute, plus each sheet is bigger and thicker, than on your average toilet roll, so it should last a lot longer.
Yes but it doesn't just easily break up when wet which could lead to unfortunate blockages. I think we're better off going back to using old newspaper like we used to, let's face it, it's about all most newspapers are good for!
Old 6 Mar 2020, 14:06 (Ref:3961936)   #229
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yes but it doesn't just easily break up when wet which could lead to unfortunate blockages. I think we're better off going back to using old newspaper like we used to, let's face it, it's about all most newspapers are good for!
I know what you mean about causing blockages but I buy the generic kitchen rolls from ASDA. Being generic, the paper quality won't be so good and they break up relatively easily. I haven't had any unfortunate blockages, so far.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3961939)   #230
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, we've come back on topic and are discussing shyte, which is what F1 is today.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3961940)   #231
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
AFAIK the only other time the F1 calendar has been affected by an outside influence worldwide was in 56-57 with the Suez crisis. A few GPs had to be cancelled both years
Old 6 Mar 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3961942)   #232
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
AFAIK the only other time the F1 calendar has been affected by an outside influence worldwide was in 56-57 with the Suez crisis. A few GPs had to be cancelled both years
According to Wikipedia: "The Suez crisis was a contributing factor in Formula One in 1956. The Dutch and Spanish Grands Prix were affected by this crisis, and the oil prices were too high for the teams and drivers, so the two races that were originally supposed to be held at Zandvoort and Pedralbes were cancelled.[2] The Indianapolis 500 was USAC-sanctioned so not run to Formula One specifications, and also counted towards the 1956 USAC Championship title'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1956_Formula_One_season
Old 6 Mar 2020, 14:34 (Ref:3961944)   #233
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
2011 Bahrain Grand Prix
Old 6 Mar 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3961965)   #234
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry, but I'm going to take this even further off topic now! My Dad told me that he was learning to drive at the time of the Suez Crisis and for what ever reason the powers that be changed the law to say that during that time, provisional license holders could legally drive a car on their own, without a qualified driver in the passenger seat! Yes, so fuel is in short supply so we will effectively encourage people to use even more of it by encouraging more cars out on to the road! And we all thought that stupid Governmental decisions were a relatively new idea!
Old 6 Mar 2020, 15:42 (Ref:3961967)   #235
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
right!

and you just know that the people who have the greatest fear of toilet paper shortages are the one who use the most paper per visit. the kitchen rolls substitution will not work for them or their toilets!

personally i have decided to put all of my money into Japanese toilet bowl bidet w/ heated seats futures.

but in all seriousness, the economic downturn resulting from the reduction in industrial output (less emissions and reduced electricity consumption), employees on sick leave/work at home is resulting in less traffic and congestion, the toilet paper shortage may convince people that their are more sanitary and environmentally friendly ways to cleans their own backsides...i mean did we just save the planet?

rather, will the unintended consequence of covid actually be a more sustainable lifestyle/future?
Old 6 Mar 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3961969)   #236
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
right!

and you just know that the people who have the greatest fear of toilet paper shortages are the one who use the most paper per visit. the kitchen rolls substitution will not work for them or their toilets!

personally i have decided to put all of my money into Japanese toilet bowl bidet w/ heated seats futures.

but in all seriousness, the economic downturn resulting from the reduction in industrial output (less emissions and reduced electricity consumption), employees on sick leave/work at home is resulting in less traffic and congestion, the toilet paper shortage may convince people that their are more sanitary and environmentally friendly ways to cleans their own backsides...i mean did we just save the planet?

rather, will the unintended consequence of covid actually be a more sustainable lifestyle/future?
Air pollution over china:
Old 6 Mar 2020, 15:49 (Ref:3961970)   #237
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow!
Old 6 Mar 2020, 16:08 (Ref:3961974)   #238
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Might be a daft question, but why is this thread showing as "moved" in the thread list yet... it's still in the F1 Forum?
Old 6 Mar 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3961975)   #239
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Might be a daft question, but why is this thread showing as "moved" in the thread list yet... it's still in the F1 Forum?
It's still in the Formula One Forum.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3961983)   #240
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Threads on possible or definite cancellations have been merged. The thread name has also been changed slightly
Old 6 Mar 2020, 17:27 (Ref:3961984)   #241
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Threads on possible or definite cancellations have been merged. The thread name has also been changed slightly
You might want to change it to, "Will GPs be cancelled", as other GPs could also go the way of China.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3961996)   #242
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
2011 Bahrain Grand Prix

I said outside influences WORLDWIDE, that was just one country
Old 6 Mar 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3961997)   #243
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I said outside influences WORLDWIDE, that was just one country
The Arab Spring was in more than just one country.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 18:41 (Ref:3961999)   #244
S griffin
Veteran

But it only affected one GP, so that is not the same
Old 6 Mar 2020, 18:48 (Ref:3962001)   #245
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
To something grammatically challenging.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 18:49 (Ref:3962002)   #246
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
But it only affected one GP, so that is not the same
Ok, I misunderstood what you meant.

In your post, you referred to the calendar being affected by external (worldwide) events.
In 2011, the calendar was affected (the Bahrain GP was lost) because of an external event (Arab Spring).

From your response, it seems you meant multiple races were affected by events.

Could you clarify what you mean by 'worldwide', as in the case you mentioned, only NW Europe was affected?
Old 6 Mar 2020, 19:04 (Ref:3962004)   #247
S griffin
Veteran

Yeah, but it was more than one GP affected in 56-57, as could happen this season
Old 6 Mar 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3962005)   #248
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yeah, but it was more than one GP affected in 56-57, as could happen this season
Understood.
It just wasn't clear when you mentioned calendar that you meant more than one GP.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3962010)   #249
S griffin
Veteran

Yeah, we’ve always had the odd cancellation, but seldom one issue affecting more than one GP

Anyway, Bahrain is putting a hold on it’s ticket sales while the situation is monitored. Australia meanwhile has imposed travel bans on some countries, but not Italy. Those that travel from Italy will have a medical check when they enter the country, nothing more. So that’s a sign that the Australian GP can still go ahead for now
Old 6 Mar 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3962016)   #250
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Air pollution over china:
One good thing the virus creates. If only humans could learn from those pics and air quality and change, but no the air quality next year will be **** again.

Interesting that the 24hrs series at Monza has been moved to mid July so the organisers obviously think the virus will be mostly over by then, I doubt it but will be gladly surprised.