Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Sep 2018, 11:53 (Ref:3849846)   #701
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus View Post
Met an ex-Ginetta insider
This does not really speak well for that person as a source...
Old 13 Sep 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3849849)   #702
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
It’s all nuts, but Ginetta have clearly realised they have two options-

1- run and fund the car themselves
2- don’t run the car and waste every penny they have invested in the programme so far.

If they can’t show their performance soon they have no chance of selling cars
The rules do not allow them to run the car themselves, and specifically exclude entering an LMP1 car race by race unless it is an additional car from an existing full season entrant
Old 13 Sep 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3849856)   #703
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
So by that we can assume the 6 car was the full season entrant all along? I seem to remember that was mostly referred to as the 'second car', and it was mostly funded by Ginetta. Or am I mixing things up here?
Old 13 Sep 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3849865)   #704
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
So by that we can assume the 6 car was the full season entrant all along? I seem to remember that was mostly referred to as the 'second car', and it was mostly funded by Ginetta. Or am I mixing things up here?
The #6 is a full-season TRSM entrant - The #5 was principally backed by Ginetta but entered under TRSM banner race by race
Old 13 Sep 2018, 13:03 (Ref:3849871)   #705
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

I see, I assumed at the time when the WEC grid was announced that both cars were full season entrants.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3849877)   #706
Columbus
Rookie

England
Sussex, UK
Columbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
This does not really speak well for that person as a source...
Forgive me if it sounded like I was repeating the embittered gossip of a sulking ex-employee, but I'm sure that's not the case. The person I spoke to sounded genuinely saddened and disappointed by the failure of the LMP1 project. especially for former colleagues and friends who had pinned their hopes on its success.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3849928)   #707
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus View Post
Forgive me if it sounded like I was repeating the embittered gossip of a sulking ex-employee, but I'm sure that's not the case. The person I spoke to sounded genuinely saddened and disappointed by the failure of the LMP1 project. especially for former colleagues and friends who had pinned their hopes on its success.
So has the #6 car been shipped to Fuji or not?
Old 13 Sep 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3849960)   #708
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewn7 View Post
So has the #6 car been shipped to Fuji or not?

I hope they did. They have a good chance to sell it. It has some value as a collector's car.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 12:56 (Ref:3850086)   #709
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Everyone's favorite motorsports reporter is reporting Manor is OUT from involvement with the CEFC TRSM team. It sounds like Ginetta has been subsidizing the team thus far and would be happy to take over running the team from Manor. And it sounds like they are playing the entry team name game with saying CEFC TRSM are the guys with the entry but we'll run it and pay for it for them to sell our cars. Wonder if that could lead to a team protesting the involvement somehow or the cars not making the grid?
Old 14 Sep 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3850090)   #710
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Everyone's favorite motorsports reporter is reporting Manor is OUT from involvement with the CEFC TRSM team. It sounds like Ginetta has been subsidizing the team thus far and would be happy to take over running the team from Manor. And it sounds like they are playing the entry team name game with saying CEFC TRSM are the guys with the entry but we'll run it and pay for it for them to sell our cars. Wonder if that could lead to a team protesting the involvement somehow or the cars not making the grid?
Daniel Lloyd is “everyone's favorite motorsports reporter”????? I ask because that's whose byline is on the story you linked to.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3850091)   #711
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Daniel Lloyd is “everyone's favorite motorsports reporter”????? I ask because that's whose byline is on the story you linked to.
It's more about it being from S365 as many here love to pan all retiring from the site regardless of the actual reporter.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3850095)   #712
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's clearly just Dagys in disguise. Ferrari to run the car confirmed!

I guess if Alpine (Renault) are allowed to stick a chassis plate on a strictly Pro-Am class where you are absolutely 100% not allowed to brand anything (unless it's French), then Ginetta can get away with running these for TRSM. If it wins there might be problems, but that's a bridge others will cross if needs be.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3850097)   #713
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
He's clearly just Dagys in disguise. Ferrari to run the car confirmed!

I guess if Alpine (Renault) are allowed to stick a chassis plate on a strictly Pro-Am class where you are absolutely 100% not allowed to brand anything (unless it's French), then Ginetta can get away with running these for TRSM. If it wins there might be problems, but that's a bridge others will cross if needs be.

I see no problem with them running the car. Oak also runs the Onroak cars for different teams. At Le Mans the only thing the JCDC Ligiers had in commom with the the Orecas was the team name. Afaik they were run and all things paid for by Onroak even though manufacturer entries in LMP2 are not allowed.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3851298)   #714
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't really know where else to put this but it's kinda significant.
Attached Thumbnails
41954805_2270049613209175_2335904752333750272_o.png  
Old 18 Sep 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3851308)   #715
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Wow, damming words from their distributor and one of the few running the LMP2 car in the US. Or are they the only one?

Although I have to say dismissing the hub assemblies as terrible because they were off-the-shelf parts seems excessive. More like they were tested enough and failed to move to a different part, I seem to recall the first gen DPs were chewing up CV joints at the track they were named for so it's not like Ginetta is at all alone here.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3851314)   #716
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The G57 isn't a LMP2 car!?
It's a Track car, but not one for ACO/IMSA sanctioned racing as far as I know.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3851316)   #717
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Don't really know where else to put this but it's kinda significant.
“... the rebranding of the G57 as the new G58.”

just in case you all weren’t sure.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 19:01 (Ref:3851317)   #718
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The G57 isn't a LMP2 car!?
It's a Track car, but not one for ACO/IMSA sanctioned racing as far as I know.
No, Ginetta has caused confusion over this. They're calling it a "P2" car, leaving off LM. They know fine well people will call it an LMP2, but it is not. They're making it confusing so people will accidentally bundled it in with real LMP2 cars. Also a P2 because it's a step up from the previous LMP3 they built. Which they then stopped building after an argument with parts suppliers. Sound familiar?
Old 18 Sep 2018, 19:04 (Ref:3851318)   #719
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wow, damming words from their distributor and one of the few running the LMP2 car in the US. Or are they the only one?

Although I have to say dismissing the hub assemblies as terrible because they were off-the-shelf parts seems excessive. More like they were tested enough and failed to move to a different part, I seem to recall the first gen DPs were chewing up CV joints at the track they were named for so it's not like Ginetta is at all alone here.
Well remembered. IIRC, some of the DPs never really fixed the CV joints. 2006 I think it was the Crawford Porsche that should've won by miles but had to swap CV joints twice.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 20:17 (Ref:3851331)   #720
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
No, Ginetta has caused confusion over this. They're calling it a "P2" car, leaving off LM. They know fine well people will call it an LMP2, but it is not. They're making it confusing so people will accidentally bundled it in with real LMP2 cars. Also a P2 because it's a step up from the previous LMP3 they built. Which they then stopped building after an argument with parts suppliers. Sound familiar?
It's really not such an odd thing to add to the end of the name considering when and why it was thrown on, though. P2 wasn't originally part of the name, it was added after it's first aerodynamic upgrade. Initially it was nothing more than the LMP3 with the new engine, but later on they tweaked the aero(in small ways - nothing that jumps out to the naked eye) and in the process bumped the speed of the car up to a level identical(sometimes faster) to the previous-generation LMP2 cars. Thus they affixed P2 to the end to denote the upgraded version.
Old 19 Sep 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3851400)   #721
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is a painful press release. No doubt Ginetta will hold Jaguar responsible...
Old 20 Sep 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3851604)   #722
Columbus
Rookie

England
Sussex, UK
Columbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they should have sorted out LMP3/G57/LMP2 before taking on LMP1! Who is in charge of engineering at Ginetta? Next project should be (LM)P45.

Last edited by Columbus; 20 Sep 2018 at 14:26.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3851635)   #723
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I take the sentiment, even if it is a little harsh. However it looked like it was an opportunity to get into LMP1 as a privateer and potentially achieve something and when there was more customer appetite than there had been. So I can see why they got giddy.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3851639)   #724
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Well, the LMP3 is unsortable because they had a falling out with a parts supplier and several teams said some very negative things about the car. Sound familiar?
Old 21 Sep 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3851689)   #725
roderick
Racer

Japan
roderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridroderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
That is a painful press release. No doubt Ginetta will hold Jaguar responsible...

Jaguar xk8 sedan?! that never existed...maybe they meant coupe??
if so, that production was ended back in 2006!
I think most of their reason for backing off doesn't make sense...