Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jun 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3981595)   #576
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
And I thought it was only me! Not so much as opened up a single one of the many press releases from various 'races'.

Last edited by justracing; 12 Jun 2020 at 18:23.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3981596)   #577
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Luddite, there’s a word you don’t hear everyday
Old 12 Jun 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3981606)   #578
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I'm afraid I'm a complete luddite when it comes to 'sims', 'E racing' or electric motors, simply doesn't do it for me
Well the first proper race in Europe is this weekend in the 24 Hours of Portimao so that is something. Looks good looking at the quali times. Livestreamed on Youtube with Radio Le Mans comms .
Old 12 Jun 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3981607)   #579
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The link to the race which starts tomorrow morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1_yjx3_kk8
Old 12 Jun 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3981611)   #580
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Will
Old 16 Jun 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3982362)   #581
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Festival of Speed and Revival cancelled..

https://www.autosport.com/historics/...ival-cancelled
Old 16 Jun 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3982367)   #582
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Festival of Speed and Revival cancelled..

https://www.autosport.com/historics/...ival-cancelled
No surprise, those events can't run behind closed doors. More refunds/rollovers.

It's looking like the South Down stages rally, in February, will be my only live motorsport event this year
Old 16 Jun 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3982370)   #583
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post

It's looking like the South Down stages rally, in February, will be my only live motorsport event this year
Know the feeling, although I did manage the Brands Hatch rally and the VSCC time trials at Brooklands in January as well but nevertheless it's turning out to be a pretty weird year so far!
Old 16 Jun 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3982382)   #584
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So Goodwood might has a race meeting behind closed doors in October and stream it. That’s something. I guess it’ll be more members meeting that revival?
Old 17 Jun 2020, 01:07 (Ref:3982394)   #585
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Ever the optimist my late half season is coming along quite nicely given the circumstances. Thruxton race in July, Abingdon sprint in August, private track day at Curborough in September all confirmed. Races at Le Mans in October and Anglesey in November still in the melting pot. Plus whatever other opportunities might arise...
Old 17 Jun 2020, 07:41 (Ref:3982409)   #586
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Ever the optimist my late half season is coming along quite nicely given the circumstances. Thruxton race in July, Abingdon sprint in August, private track day at Curborough in September all confirmed. Races at Le Mans in October and Anglesey in November still in the melting pot. Plus whatever other opportunities might arise...
Where is that and who is running it? I've never done a sprint before but might be a nice gentle run out.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 08:35 (Ref:3982419)   #587
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not surprised that neither the Festival of Speed or the Revival are going ahead. If they can't have a crowd there, what's the point? That's the main point of those events, to bring it to the audience. Also they were unlikely to get many teams from any motorsport, if any, at the Festival of Speed
Old 17 Jun 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3982450)   #588
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Where is that and who is running it? I've never done a sprint before but might be a nice gentle run out.
Peter,

https://scmc.co.uk/

worth a call to see if there's a spot left but I think it's likely full.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3982454)   #589
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks matey.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 11:53 (Ref:3982462)   #590
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post

If you're at Thruxton aren't you going to do the August Snetterton, or September Donny / November Cadwell CSCC events?
Old 17 Jun 2020, 12:02 (Ref:3982465)   #591
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
If you're at Thruxton aren't you going to do the August Snetterton, or September Donny / November Cadwell CSCC events?
November is Mallory for CSCC, Richard.

Must be a circuit rally, I reckon, as I don’t think anyone in their right mind races in November!

PS. I will be there, all being well! Right mind? Wibble :-)
Old 17 Jun 2020, 12:44 (Ref:3982468)   #592
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 750MC are @ Silverstone & Donington in November!
Old 17 Jun 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3982499)   #593
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was rather hoping to watch and photograph some motorsport without needing at least five layers of warm, waterproof clothing this year (last outing Snetterton in the aftermath of Storm something or other). Seems I may not be lucky at this rate !
Old 17 Jun 2020, 18:12 (Ref:3982517)   #594
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will be interested if the Abingdon Sprint goes ahead. A friend of mine runs a track day company and they've been chucked off Abingdon this week.

A "track day" at Curborough? Sounds rather grand. Have you ever been? I'll be interested to see how they do it. I haven't been since the late 80s so I suppose it's changed a bit.

I've got.loads of stories about Curborough but that's another thread!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jun 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3982533)   #595
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

A "track day" at Curborough? Sounds rather grand. Have you ever been? I'll be interested to see how they do it. I haven't been since the late 80s so I suppose it's changed a bit.
Not really! Ability to run a “figure of eight” section on the top section but that’s it.
One car at a time and usually limited to 20 participants in total I think, and left to your own devices to run it. Because of the low numbers you can actually get a reasonable amount of track time, but the ditches can bite.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 19:37 (Ref:3982535)   #596
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I've got.loads of stories about Curborough but that's another thread!
Go on then, love to hear them.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 20:34 (Ref:3982543)   #597
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I have registered both my cars in different series but can't be in two places at once as JP won't lend me his helicopter! August clashes with a sprint I entered 4 months ago, September clashes with Spa 6 hrs where I usually spanner for somebody. Mallory is a good possibility if I've fitted windows to the Lenham by then (it does have a heater) :-)
Old 18 Jun 2020, 08:07 (Ref:3982566)   #598
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Go on then, love to hear them.
I'll pop over to Tea Break with them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Jun 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3982633)   #599
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
November is Mallory for CSCC, Richard.

Must be a circuit rally, I reckon, as I don’t think anyone in their right mind races in November!

PS. I will be there, all being well! Right mind? Wibble :-)

D'oh - of course it is........why did I type "Cadwell".......? I've gone stir-crazy....as opposed to my usual crazy, that is

Got my Premier Inn bookings in for Donny and Mallory, just in case we get to do them
Old 18 Jun 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3982642)   #600
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't trust Premier Inn if I were you.
In July i'm Stewarding @ Shenington one weekend and Rissington the next, so booked the same Premier Inn for the two Saturday nights. They were happy to take my money and send confirmation emails etc, a fortnight later they sent me an email saying they were cancelling the bookings and a week or so later the money appeared back in my bank account.
Needless to say I was not impressed, and am now staying in a Holiday Inn, where my breakfast is included.