Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross > Video Clips

Old 10 Mar 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2148624)   #1
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DC is champ again but it could have ended in tears!

Congrats to Dermot for another Irish championship Although the day could have ended in tears as you can see here.

As Dermot takes off to perform his customary celebratory donuts ( ahem the others defo need practice ) the marshalls ambulance comes head on around the corner..what the hell were they thinking..doh!

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/40...hits-ambulance
Old 10 Mar 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2148654)   #2
T.H.Photo
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
T.H.Photo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they were on there way to put out the fire in tracey car they new dermot would be there if they had to wait for dermot to finsh well then i think tracey car was finshed as well

Last edited by T.H.Photo; 10 Mar 2008 at 20:38.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 21:40 (Ref:2148700)   #3
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
pgrogan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhh
As Dermot takes off to perform his customary celebratory donuts ( ahem the others defo need practice )
its the effort that counts.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 18:36 (Ref:2149334)   #4
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DC doing Donuts without the Supercar ambulance in picture

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/40...550-bhp-donuts
Old 12 Mar 2008, 15:38 (Ref:2150064)   #5
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
...the marshalls ambulance comes head on around the corner..what the hell were they thinking..doh!
Do ambulances and rescue units not have track priority over a driver doing donuts? And it looks to me like the blue lights are flashing, so they must have had a valid reason to be there.

Well done to Dermot on winning his 31st championship
Old 13 Mar 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2150585)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
the marshalls ambulance comes head on around the corner..what the hell were they thinking..doh!

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/40...hits-ambulance
Ok just to clarify for the hard of thinking:
  1. It's not the Marshals' Ambulance. It's a Rescue Unit. It's full of highly trained medical/extrication volunteers and a doc, but it's not an ambulance. You can tell because it says "Rescue" on it. The white ones that say "Ambulance" are the ambulances.
  2. You could at least learn to spell Marshal correctly.
  3. Unless something has changed recently, I think you'll find that emergency vehicles attending an incident take priority over some guy doing donuts.
  4. When Rescue go, they're already aware of track conditions. The flashing blue lights are usually considered to be a clue to anyone else on the track that there's an emergency vehicle on the circuit.
  5. I'm sure Dermot, being a highly experienced driver, was more than capable of noticing this and moving his donuts over - which from this footage he appeared to do.

If you're going to make stupid comments, at least get your facts straight.

I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune if the Rescue unit was on the way to a certain other driver's car being on fire.....
Old 13 Mar 2008, 09:10 (Ref:2150612)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Interesting concept.

Car doing doughnuts (which I believe is banned) in front of less important rescue vehicle.

shhh,

If you are Dermot's PR manager I might suggest he looks elsewhere in future.