Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Mar 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3809443)   #526
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Maybe check with Born Racer, just in case it's being written up?
I just heard back from Born Racer. He is working on content for a thread and it should be posted in the near future. I had typed up something this morning to create my own, but I am sure his would be much better.

Until that thread shows up, it's probably good to continue discussing here! I am looking forward to the race this weekend. I will have to plan out my viewing to make sure I am all set for the switch to ESPN here in the US.

Richard
Old 20 Mar 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3809459)   #527
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Richard> I'm in France but can get ESPN online. What time does the race start with you please?
Old 20 Mar 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3809490)   #528
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Richard> I'm in France but can get ESPN online. What time does the race start with you please?
Good link here from the US broadcast thread...

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...-schedule-2018

Both Qualifying and Race on ESPN2. Note, the article above says "Eastern Time" (doesn't say standard or daylight). Using the online guide for my Sat provider (DirecTV) those look to be "Daylight" times. So it should be...

Qualifying coverage starts at 2AM EDT which should be 6AM UTC
Race coverage starts at 1AM EDT which should be 5AM UTC

Note! The article above does not mention any pre-race coverage, but I am seeing a 30 minute "On the Grid" show from 12:30 AM to 1 AM EDT on ESPN2.

Richard
Old 20 Mar 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3809491)   #529
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Both Qualifying and Race on ESPN2. Note, the article above says "Eastern Time" (doesn't say standard or daylight). Using the online guide for my Sat provider (DirecTV) those look to be "Daylight" times. So it should be...

Qualifying coverage starts at 2AM EDT which should be 6AM UTC
Race coverage starts at 1AM EDT which should be 5AM UTC

Note! The article above does not mention any pre-race coverage, but I am seeing a 30 minute "On the Grid" show from 12:30 AM to 1 AM EDT on ESPN2.

Richard
This would tie in with the Sky coverage that ESPN is taking.
Qually programme starts at 5am UK/UTC, 1 hour before the pitlane green light at 6am UK/UTC.

Sky's prerace coverage is split into 2 sections one that begins at 3:30AM UTC (4:30 in the UK as clocks change overnight). The called second Called "on the grid" begins at 4:30 UTC(5:30 UK 12:30 US East Coast) for the new race start time of 5:10 UTC (6:10 UK and 1:10 East coast)

http://www.formula1.com has the season calendar running horizontally on it's front page. Click any flag, and it gives all the session times local time and there is a convert to your timezone option all well.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 07:53 (Ref:3809545)   #530
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Melbourne has added a 3rd DRS zone, between T12 and T13.

Three Daniel Ricciardo Speed zones! Should be interesting.

Old 21 Mar 2018, 08:29 (Ref:3809555)   #531
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So from the illustration confirming its positioning, I find it a little confusing....
Old 21 Mar 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3809584)   #532
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's become so hard to overtake, they need to add another DRS zone. Why can't they just reduce downforce?
Old 21 Mar 2018, 12:16 (Ref:3809599)   #533
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From what I gather FOX Australia will carry the following on-track sessions live, if someone receives and/or cares

THU
Supercars - Free Practice 1
Supercars - Free Practice 2
Superscars - Qualifying 1 (1/2)

FRI
Formula 1 - Free Practice 1
Supercars - Qualifying 2 (3/4)
Speed Comparison - Demonstration 2
Porsche Carrera Cup - Race 2
Formula 1 - Free Practice 2
Supercars - Race 1

SAT
Australian GT - Race 3
Supercars - Race 2
Formula 1 - Free Practice 3
Porsche Carrera Cup - Race 3
Formula 1 - Qualifying
Supercars - Race 3

SUN
Porsche Carrera Cup - Race 4
Supercars - Race 4
Formula 1 - Australian GP
Old 21 Mar 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3809625)   #534
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari race poster.

question...what is the building in the background?
Old 21 Mar 2018, 14:30 (Ref:3809631)   #535
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Melbourne has added a 3rd DRS zone, between T12 and T13.

Three Daniel Ricciardo Speed zones! Should be interesting.
someone needs to remind me why DRS cant be active for the entire lap?

for me its not so much a problem of having a driver adjustable piece of bodywork...its that they limit its use to these zones...let the drivers have some fun with it and we might start seeing a lot more overtaking (and mistakes).

as safety improves, ostensibly as a result of the HALO, then surely a little more risk on track should be allowed.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 14:46 (Ref:3809634)   #536
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Ferrari race poster.

question...what is the building in the background?
Flinders Street Railway Station on the corner / junction of Flinders and Swanston Streets.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 14:51 (Ref:3809637)   #537
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Flinders Street Railway Station on the corner / junction of Flinders and Swanston Streets.
thanks!

good looking building!
Old 21 Mar 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3809706)   #538
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Many many thanks Richard!
Old 21 Mar 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3809711)   #539
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Anyone in the World wanting to watch the F1 for free.....thanks to Richard Casto, see answers above for timing..on the day...try this...

https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/Unit...USA)/ESPN-2-41
Old 22 Mar 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3809983)   #540
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Yup, Daylight saving time started a couple weeks ago here in the US so Eastern Daylight Time.