Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Dec 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2353243)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
J Dub Angry at Ford, wants 3rd manufacturer!

was just on Ch7 news, said he is not happy with the support he is getting from Ford and is keen to lead a 3rd or even 4th manufactuer into the sport.

i'm sure Roland agrees 100% with his thoughts and would love to help Jamie achieve that.

thats the way Jamie put a rocket up'em.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 12 Dec 2008 at 07:31.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 07:34 (Ref:2353246)   #2
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WELL!

He sounds quite ungrateful saying that. If he's not getting enough support, how did he end up winning the championship then, huh?
Old 12 Dec 2008, 07:50 (Ref:2353256)   #3
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TilkeWannabe
WELL!

He sounds quite ungrateful saying that. If he's not getting enough support, how did he end up winning the championship then, huh?
I am a Ford fan through and through and i must say i was absoutly disgusted with what Ford did to 888 and DJR two of their flagship teams after 888 pored so much cash into the deveolpment of the FG and well DJR has been the pin up for FORD for as long as i can remember. If they do let other manufactures in i would not be the least bit supprised if Ford get a rude shock and see 888 and DJR jumping ship. After all next year 888 cars will be known as a 888 Supercar and no mention of FG or Ford whatsoever.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:00 (Ref:2353259)   #4
JustASupporter
Racer

JustASupporter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, ok but in this economic climate where globally you are seeing the manufacturers cutting jobs, sponsorship, F1 participation etc, why would any be interested in Australian domestic motorsport?

There is a, hang on I'll just calculate it ... yep a 0% chance of another manufacturer being interested.

Jamie mightn't like Ford's involvement but he and Roland probably realise that they either jump to Holden and waste all the $$ spent on the FG or they run the FG. Not much of a decision required there. 888 is with Ford until the FG becomes redundant.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:13 (Ref:2353267)   #5
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8
I am a Ford fan through and through and i must say i was absoutly disgusted with what Ford did to 888 and DJR two of their flagship teams after 888 pored so much cash into the deveolpment of the FG and well DJR has been the pin up for FORD for as long as i can remember. If they do let other manufactures in i would not be the least bit supprised if Ford get a rude shock and see 888 and DJR jumping ship. After all next year 888 cars will be known as a 888 Supercar and no mention of FG or Ford whatsoever.
It will look like a Ford, will get Championship/team amd manufacturers points as a Ford and will be called a Falcon by Channel 7. It will be a Ford no matter what Dane wants.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:23 (Ref:2353276)   #6
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
I can understand Jamie's disappointment with the situation and I am sure Ford wish things were different also, but everyone is simply trying to survive ATM. 100% of nothing isn't much......and it is always unwise to burn your bridges Jamie, unfortunately you are a deserving talent at the wrong time in history.

Last edited by bluesport; 12 Dec 2008 at 08:25.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2353279)   #7
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what if mark skaife mad a comeback in a nissan
Old 12 Dec 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2353283)   #8
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My guess is that 888 will be getting the same level of monetary support from Ford next season as all the other Ford teams. About $0.00
HRT/Walkinshaw and the other Holden teams will probably be getting the same level of support from the recievers at GM.
You may be young Jamis, but you really should read the papers and find out what is going on in the real world.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2353358)   #9
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
It will look like a Ford, will get Championship/team amd manufacturers points as a Ford and will be called a Falcon by Channel 7. It will be a Ford no matter what Dane wants.
.....and will get panel support from Ford just like FPR, SBR, DJR and any other team running a Ford (maybe not TKR!)
Old 12 Dec 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2353380)   #10
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt
what if mark skaife mad a comeback in a nissan
Did I just see Babe fly?
Old 12 Dec 2008, 11:36 (Ref:2353401)   #11
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jamie's discontent with Ford became quite obvious once the announcement of next years plans were made, So much so that even though Ford was still a sponsor this season whincup saw fit to publicly stop thanking them, Very unprofessional, and very poor form IMHO.

The problem 888 face is this, V8 Supercars is a tribal Ford V Holden series, holden fans aren't going to support a team racing Fords, and Ford fans aren't going to support a team who refuse to associate themselves with the product's brand. 888 find themselves in a very precarious position next season, It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

JW's championship this year was soured for me by his second half antics, & being a Ford fan first and foremost I won't be supporting him or 888 next year.......

Last edited by Phase3; 12 Dec 2008 at 11:38.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2353402)   #12
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I find the way DJR and 888 are handling the same situation hillarious.
DJR have accepted whats happened and moved on. They have handled themselves well and thanked Ford for their support over the years.

888 have badmouthed Ford at every turn - and yes, they can feel right in being punted, but at the end of the day business is business. In my eyes, they have scrubbed themselves from any decision changes in the future.

The sour grapes approach may also be putting due to any potential manufacturer coming in with 888. If I was the CEO of Mercedes, and saw how they were behaving, I'd be thinking seriously about any involvement with that team.

I wonder if 888 set the tone for the interview... If so, a tad unrpofessional, in my view - Take the money for the remainder of the year, win the cup, and then bad mouth the people who partially paved the way there.

Move on guys - if only in the interests of the sport you making your living from.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2353584)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Dick said he was ****ed but built a bridge and moved on.

like i said in the first post good on Jamie for putting a rocket up them, you've had your say it's now time to have a teaspoon of cement and harden the **** up.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 12 Dec 2008 at 15:58.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 16:33 (Ref:2353622)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't say i agree with your "put a rocket up them" stance.

Ford obviously helped with the budget this year, so they deserved a positive mention as much as the other backers, and next year, honestly, there is obviously only so much money to go around, and Ford chose to spend it the way they think is wise. What would Jamie say if someone complains about the way he spends his money from his well-publicised payrise next year??
Old 12 Dec 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2353882)   #15
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's an excert from a V8 Supercar press release in regards to Chrysler not continuing to support the safety car program next year.

“Chrysler has been a wonderful partner in our great sport,” V8 Supercars Australia CEO Cameron Levick said. “Their sponsorship has been fantastic for Chrysler and V8 Supercars Australia. We thank them for bringing the magnificent 300C to the sport for the last four years and their efforts in raising not only their profile but the brand of V8 Supercars.”

Chalk and cheese to the JW, 888 way of handling things, there's a big difference between winning the championship & being a champion......
Old 12 Dec 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2353884)   #16
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Jamie has been a model to others on how to handle difficult circumstances to this point.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2353902)   #17
thunderbolt
Veteran

think back to when the ford money was cut roland dane was looking at changing to holden or 1 holden & 1 ford
the only thing keeping him with ford is the craig lowndes contract with ford to the end of next year.

this could be to run a rebadge holden as a vauxhall or an imported vauxhall

http://www.tripleeight.co.uk

Old 12 Dec 2008, 23:26 (Ref:2353910)   #18
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not see the other manufacturers flocking to join the series at present anyway...
Old 13 Dec 2008, 01:41 (Ref:2353961)   #19
thunderbolt
Veteran

with tripleeight supplying cars to 1/4 of the field (7 or 8 cars) it would be quite easy for them to bring in another Car manufacture.

developed by triple 8 and supplied to other teams they may even pick up some holden teams like tasman if it was toyota
Old 13 Dec 2008, 05:11 (Ref:2354022)   #20
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I figure they will still compete in a Falcon, why go to Holden when they wont have any money either. If Holden are not supporting their own crews in a big way then 888 are not going to get any money from them.

The fans will still know the car as a Ford, so I fail to see how any ford v holden rivalry will be impacted by a lack of signage on the car.

JW is entitled to his opinion, and towing the line of the team is not poor form.

At the end of the day, the media needs stories from somewhere, and most of the time they go for a controversial one dont they? It wouldnt be news if it was always good.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 07:37 (Ref:2354047)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt
think back to when the ford money was cut roland dane was looking at changing to holden or 1 holden & 1 ford
the only thing keeping him with ford is the craig lowndes contract with ford to the end of next year.

this could be to run a rebadge holden as a vauxhall or an imported vauxhall

http://www.tripleeight.co.uk

could work Holden could use them to promote their exporting of the HSV as Vauxhall VXR to the UK ala Bahrain with the HRT car done as a Chev Lumina.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2354050)   #22
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
/\/\ I bet GMAC does not back them next year...
Old 13 Dec 2008, 09:22 (Ref:2354071)   #23
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend
I figure they will still compete in a Falcon, why go to Holden
They would probably like to go to holden simply to spite Ford.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2354143)   #24
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor form from him, what sponsor would want to touch a guy who slags them off after they've been sponsoring the team he has been driving for for the last 3 years rather successfully.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2354147)   #25
rocks harder
Rookie

Denmark
sunny coast
rocks harder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport
They would probably like to go to holden simply to spite Ford.
what if holden decided to do a ford and only support a couple of teams could one of those teams be 888?