Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Mar 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3037485)   #1
Gary89
Rookie

Gary89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW NGTC ??

Hi I'm a member of another well known forum were this was flagged up just wondered if anyone on here had any other info: Team,drivers or Hoax??

http://bmwhrs.moonfruit.com/
Old 9 Mar 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3037503)   #2
markreeves
Racer

England
Hull
markreeves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks a load of S**t to me haha I'l believe it when I see it.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3037507)   #3
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Build your own free website with Moon Fruit" tells me all I need to know.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3037630)   #4
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by markreeves View Post
Looks a load of S**t to me haha I'l believe it when I see it.
Please keep these sort of comments to yourself or post them with the others on the other forum!

If it's true, Then great news!

BMW belongs in touring cars, whatever spec they take.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3038018)   #5
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its obviously a wind up, when have you ever seen motorsport team use a free website builder rather than a proper website. Also the bmw front end look like something badly done in paint.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3038025)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, looks odd. Am cautious.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 08:20 (Ref:3038660)   #7
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks very unprofessional indeed, & not the image that is likely to attract serious sponsorship.

When will people learn the importance of creating a good professional image for their team? Ask yourself, if you were about to commit your company to spending a significant percentage of your marketing budget, would the impression created by that give you confidence your money was been spent wisely?
Old 12 Mar 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3038885)   #8
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nothing on that link says they are looking for sponsorship though.

It could be someone with a big wallet and a desire to go racing.
It could be a team with the means to build and run themselves.

It could be anything, and to assume with such little information available is a bit pointless. Just wait and see what/if anything comes about.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3054160)   #9
medius
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And to further my comment above, I found this on Chris Stockton's Facebook page which ties in with the original post.

''We were planning to return to the BTCC for 2012, but a delayed re-build of the M3 BMW GT4 we raced last year did not leave enough time to convert a 3 Series BMW 320TC raced by Matt Jackson for this year. We had planned to buy the car from Arthur Forster, but the works needed to complete the conversion would have taken until the middle of the summer, and the deal was conditional upon being able to sell my GT4 car which did not happen because of the lack of availability of the parts we needed. The plan is to spend the next few months racing in Europe, and concentrating on starting the construction of an NGTC car, based on the new BMW 3 series with a BMW turbo charged power plant.''
Old 5 Apr 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3054222)   #10
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Chris will use the Neil Brown unit that WSR have ?
Old 5 Apr 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3054243)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
And to further my comment above, I found this on Chris Stockton's Facebook page which ties in with the original post.

''We were planning to return to the BTCC for 2012, but a delayed re-build of the M3 BMW GT4 we raced last year did not leave enough time to convert a 3 Series BMW 320TC raced by Matt Jackson for this year. We had planned to buy the car from Arthur Forster, but the works needed to complete the conversion would have taken until the middle of the summer, and the deal was conditional upon being able to sell my GT4 car which did not happen because of the lack of availability of the parts we needed. The plan is to spend the next few months racing in Europe, and concentrating on starting the construction of an NGTC car, based on the new BMW 3 series with a BMW turbo charged power plant.''
Conversion? Is that a BMW turbo engine? I take it they don't mean a S2000 -> NGTC car conversion, as I thought that was practically impossible?
Old 5 Apr 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3054263)   #12
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My understanding is he hoped to get hold of a S2000 BMW to stick an NGTC engine in it for 2012, whilst constructing a full NGTC car separately for 2013. It seems now they are focusing on only the latter.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 00:48 (Ref:3054313)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex92 View Post
Its obviously a wind up, when have you ever seen motorsport team use a free website builder rather than a proper website. Also the bmw front end look like something badly done in paint.
I'm sure not even the most hardcore of BTCC fantasist would go to the lengths to make a website with the intention of fooling a dozen or so touring car fans on the internet
Old 6 Apr 2012, 02:19 (Ref:3054321)   #14
medius
Veteran

England
Don't forget it took a fair while for Geoff Steel Racing to put a TOCA NGTC engine into their BMW and had issues before it reached the track.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3054432)   #15
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word of what experience the team behind this has? Let's hope it doesn't go the way of TH Motorsport's attempt to build an NGTC Skoda...

I hate people on the BTCC.net forum saying this, but with a story like this, I'll only believe it when I see it.