Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:09 (Ref:4081994)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice reflexes old man Alonso!
Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4081995)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ignore.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 7 Nov 2021 at 19:12. Reason: Something went wrong.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4081996)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2 Alfas and a Williams in the points. Mazepin on the cusp.

(Long way to go)
Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4081997)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Looks like Bottas was tapped?

Tapped by Ricciardo, who then lost his front wing.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4081998)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Looks like Bottas was tapped?
Tapped but because he backed out too much?

The natural outcome from drivers trying to stay out of interfering with the title battle?
Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4082001)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems to be settling into a tyre management situation at the moment.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4082006)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Hamilton pits and emerges behind Leclerc.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4082009)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Leclerc and Gasly pit ahead of Hamilton, and now Max pits.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4082010)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Verstappen pits.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 20:34 (Ref:4082016)   #35
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't think Perez is gonna be able to do it.

Richard
Old 7 Nov 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4082017)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Max. Perez couldn't quite do it but still gets a podium.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4082018)   #37
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez... fighting for second with Lewis. Bottas sitting in pit to orchestrate a fastest lap attempt.

Richard
Old 7 Nov 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4082019)   #38
Richard C
Veteran

Comments by Lewis regarding Perez was a bit dodgy.

Richard
Old 7 Nov 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4082021)   #39
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
That was quite boring.
Apart from the start and Ricciardo ruining Bottas' race (and Mercedes' pit crew making it even worse), did anything even happen?

Oh right, the Ferrari's switched positions, even twice.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4082022)   #40
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Didn't hear anything dodgy.....what was it?

Heard Horner tell Max he'd got fstest lap, then have to tell him Bottas had taken it!
Old 7 Nov 2021, 21:11 (Ref:4082028)   #41
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Didn't hear anything dodgy.....what was it?
"It just shows how fast their car is when Sergio is that close behind me"

Not sure if he meant it the way it came across. Which to me was it was the car not the driver.

Richard
Old 7 Nov 2021, 21:25 (Ref:4082033)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
"It just shows how fast their car is when Sergio is that close behind me"

Not sure if he meant it the way it came across. Which to me was it was the car not the driver.

Richard
At the time, I took it to mean how well the Red Bull can follow closely, rather than a sleight on Checo.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4082052)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
DJ Jense was a bit prickly with dear old Damon on the sky coverage this weekend! He seemed to take every opportunity to disagree with him. Damon seemed a bit put out!
Old 8 Nov 2021, 01:12 (Ref:4082080)   #44
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
The Race was on at 6 am here
I set an alarm to watch it.. but kept nodding off into dreams
Im not if im remembering what happened or what i was dreaming

Was there a touchy exchange between hazaspin and haas engineer?
What was that?

I didnt win really, did i?
Old 8 Nov 2021, 01:44 (Ref:4082085)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Comments by Lewis regarding Perez was a bit dodgy.

Richard
Did he say he was an idiot?
Old 8 Nov 2021, 01:45 (Ref:4082086)   #46
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Toto is pi--ed off with Bottas start line antics

Bottas committed the unforgivable sin of trying to close the door on teammate Lewis Hamilton on his inside — allowing Max Verstappen to sneak around the outside into the race lead.

“That should not happen,” Toto said of Bottas’ move to the inside of the racing line, which opened the door for Verstappen.
“We had two cars in front and that seemed to open up the sea for Max to come around the outside. Even with the spin afterwards and the complete loss of points when it could have been a third or fourth with Valtteri’s car. It’s annoying to say the least."

Former world champion Jenson Button called the Turn 1 incident a defining moment in the championship showdown between Hamilton and Mercedes.

Button pointed out on Sky Sports, Bottas’ move heading into Turn 1 had also given Verstappen his most comfortable line through the opening turns and the same brake marker he had preferenced during practice sessions earlier in the weekend.

(Christian, always happy to ruffle Toto/mercedes feathers)
“And you know what, on the reconnaissance lap he went and braked right there,” a staggered Horner said. “It was almost like he practised it in his mind.”

Looks like SantaWolf might not find Valerie's chimney this christmas

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...a2aaa8be1dee45
Old 8 Nov 2021, 03:52 (Ref:4082099)   #47
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm not sure why Mercedes were trying to orchestrate anything at T1. It's such a random factor that any plan rarely works. Just prioritise a good start each and stay ahead, whomever is ahead can be swapped using strategy later in the race if necessary.

It was just a fantastic move by Max. James Hunt would say he has big balls. Could Bottas have done more? Perhaps, but it looked like both Mercedes tried a plan, which went wrong whereas Max was fully committed.
Old 8 Nov 2021, 04:54 (Ref:4082106)   #48
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Toto is saying that VB was so busy trying to baulk Lewis, that he left the door open for max. Then suddenly the pole man was down fighting with 7th pace Danny and cost the team valuable constructors points. His job for the day was score WCC points for team Merc, keep Redbull down, help Lulu, and if lulu cant win go for it.
But instead of taking one for the team, he was driving for team VB.

Now we know which way Bottas will play out the rest of the year
Old 8 Nov 2021, 05:07 (Ref:4082107)   #49
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good on him. He's been Toto's and Lewis' whipping boy for years. Now neither have any hold over him he can do as he pleases.
Old 8 Nov 2021, 05:24 (Ref:4082108)   #50
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to call Turn 1 Revenge Of The Wing Man but I think he was probably more concerned about leaving any gap for Max on the inside.
Max just had better judgement of how late to the millimetre he could leave his breaking and take the corner.
Closed Thread