Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 9 Nov 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4082467)   #101
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Looked to me like Bottas had been told to let Hamilton through at the first corner and checked up to let Hamilton take the lead into the corner not realizing how fast Verstappen could take the corner around the outside.
I think he went to the middle of the track to prevent Verstappen jumping Hamilton off the start, but did not anticipate Max's start would be good enough to effectively get the jump on both Mercs.
That makes far too much sense!
And no drama involved...

It can't be true!
Old 9 Nov 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4082485)   #102
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Because to date no one has provided proof to the contrary. Rather than making assumptions or having baseless opinions I choose ti weigh my opinion based on those who actually know rather than an armchair enthusiast hiding behind a computer.

Now if you can provide definitive proof, then I’m open to change my mind.

"Valtteri, it's James"
Old 10 Nov 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4082546)   #103
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post

About the fastest lap point. I think it influences the race too artificially. A midfield car doing a last lap pitstop to set the fastest lap so the competitor in first place doesn't get it. That's us just silly antics, because of a points mechanism.

I think it should be change from: The person who sets the fastest lap time and finishes in the top ten gets an extra point.

Into: The top ten finishing driver who sets the fastest lap gets an extra point.

That way finishing points loss are always in play and we do not get the artificial none normal race occurrences of last lap pit stops, just to keep a competitor from a point. That said, I wouldn't mind if the extra point for fastest lap is completely removed either.

Totally agree:

https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-...test-lap-rule/
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4082553)   #104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I agree too.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4082554)   #105
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Conversely - I think the recent race is an example of where the fastest lap point (and drivers outside the top ten not qualifying) adds to the race interest.
Verstappen was clear out front, and seemingly untroubled. But - Bottas making an attempt caused Verstappen frustration. His race was distracted, and he decided to try an impact Bottas' attempt. There was scope for more action to happen as a result (ultimately nothing came of it) that added some interest in the latter stages. Seeing 1 point go to, or be lost by, a front runner always adds something (IMO), no matter how minimal.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 11:44 (Ref:4082557)   #106
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I guess a race that dull needed any additional interest it could get.....
Old 10 Nov 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4082558)   #107
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, I guess a race that dull needed any additional interest it could get.....
Old 10 Nov 2021, 12:26 (Ref:4082564)   #108
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
perhaps they could find new ways to spruce things up, how about making the drivers get out and run around the car at every stop
Old 10 Nov 2021, 12:53 (Ref:4082569)   #109
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I have no problem with the point for fastest lap, it's one of the least contrived rule changes we've had in the recent past. The problem is there is too much reliance on pitstops and I can't see that changing soon
Old 10 Nov 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4082670)   #110
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
perhaps they could find new ways to spruce things up, how about making the drivers get out and run around the car at every stop
I actually saw a club sports car event where that was compulsory if you weren’t doing a driver change in the pit stop.
Old 12 Nov 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4082933)   #111
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Verstappen was right behind him, and whichever way Bottas drifted to, Verstappen would've gone the other way.
In light of Bottas' recent comments - it's interesting how from behind a keyboard you are certain what would have happened, but an actual F1 driver is unsure?

"Bottas said that, having watched replays on the run to the first corner, there were things he could have done differently. 'maybe there was a way to block Max, or prevent him going outside, and maybe he would have had the chance to go inside. I don't know'"
Old 14 Nov 2021, 02:11 (Ref:4083349)   #112
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate to me? His quote would confirm my view?
Old 16 Nov 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4083872)   #113
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Er no.... How about the 'maybe there was a way to block Max' bit?
Old 16 Nov 2021, 23:23 (Ref:4083910)   #114
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Yeah, I know what the word "maybe" means. Do you?

It's also clear to me that you can't distinguish what you see on tv. What I mean is the straight at Mexico and Monaco for instance are the same to you. You don't see any variables that make the start at those two tracks different from one another.

It's also clear to me that you haven't considered that Bottas maybe being diplomatic while he's still an MB driver.

But your views are understandable to me since I recognise that you're really watching the Lewis Hamilton TV Show, instead of the F1 WC.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 23:53 (Ref:4083915)   #115
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thread closed.