Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Dec 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3870004)   #2126
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Just have to hope Jason gets back in a FWD car this scooby experiment might of made him a bit of dough,
But most of the experiment being at the back didn't exactly go to plan did it.
you would have thought after thats brands crash a team with that kinda of backing would have worked out what was wrong with the car,
Hopefully Him and sutton get as far away from those cars as possible cause with no factory backing it isn't looking good and both deserve better.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3870009)   #2127
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Just have to hope Jason gets back in a FWD car this scooby experiment might of made him a bit of dough,
you would have thought after thats brands crash a team with that kinda of backing would have worked out what was wrong with the car,
Hopefully Him and sutton get as far away from those cars as possible cause with no factory backing it isn't looking good and both deserve better.
Team BMR had no backing from Subaru UK apart from the lease of a couple of shells.

The team didn't have the funds (look at the companies house records) to even run the car properly, let alone sort any problems.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3870016)   #2128
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TPC driver announcement tomorrow.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3870021)   #2129
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
TPC driver announcement tomorrow.
Are we expecting Hill in an Audi or a Honda?
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3870022)   #2130
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Smelt is supposedly in a GT4 BMW in British GT.
Mustang.
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/motor...82943861322273
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3870023)   #2131
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I believe the Audi. Which on my past form means any other seat on the grid! 😖
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3870025)   #2132
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Smelt won’t be in the BTCC - he’ll be in a GT4 Mustang wherever the team involved decide to race it
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3870027)   #2133
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
He tested it but wasn't one of the 3 drivers confirmed a few days ago (one of which is Seb Priaulx).

Wish him all the best but probably the right decision to move away from the BTCC for now.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3870030)   #2134
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I believe the Audi. Which on my past form means any other seat on the grid! 😖
I really hope the Honda, to be honest the S3 has never been competitive whilst I reckon Hill in a Civic would be a winning combination.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3870033)   #2135
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post

its not popular, but ive thought all along Hill will be in the Audi. lets see...
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3870034)   #2136
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a TPC announcement tomorrow so that means it's the Audi's. If it was Hill going in a Honda it would be an AmD announcement.

Assuming of course it is about Jake Hill.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3870037)   #2137
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He tested it but wasn't one of the 3 drivers confirmed a few days ago (one of which is Seb Priaulx).

Wish him all the best but probably the right decision to move away from the BTCC for now.
It´s a different team.
Smelt = Race Performance
https://www.raceperformance.co.uk/
Priaulx = Multimatic
https://sportscar365.com/sro/british...in-british-gt/
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:47 (Ref:3870039)   #2138
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
It is a TPC announcement tomorrow so that means it's the Audi's. If it was Hill going in a Honda it would be an AmD announcement.

According to the Elan press release yesterday, "Hill will announce his 2019 BTCC campaign in the next week or so."

Going by that I'm not expecting it to be Hill just yet, but hey I'm usually wrong!
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3870040)   #2139
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
It´s a different team.
Smelt = Race Performance
https://www.raceperformance.co.uk/
Priaulx = Multimatic
https://sportscar365.com/sro/british...in-british-gt/
Fair enough, I skim read 'Multimatic-built' and thought it meant their actual team
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3870041)   #2140
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
According to the Elan press release yesterday, "Hill will announce his 2019 BTCC campaign in the next week or so."

Going by that I'm not expecting it to be Hill just yet, but hey I'm usually wrong!

Strictly speaking we are within "the next week or so" from that announcement, and also they may move announcement dates to avoid clashing with another in order to maximise publicity.

Lets see, pretty sure Hill will be in an AMD prepared car either way
Old 13 Dec 2018, 20:00 (Ref:3870043)   #2141
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post

Sorry, it was a backwards way of asking if the TPC announcement was likely to be Hill...
Old 13 Dec 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3870045)   #2142
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Hamiltons brother isn't it in the audi.
If it is can't seeing him doing the whole season, Unless 5 time brothers paid for a whole season for little brother
Old 13 Dec 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3870048)   #2143
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
If it is can't seeing him doing the whole season, Unless 5 time brothers paid for a whole season for little brother
Hill and Hamilton i think personally
Tho...I do agree about not seeing Hamilton do a whole season, especially after he didn't see out the whole 5 rounds he signed up for a few years back with all the fanfare
Old 13 Dec 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3870049)   #2144
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uncle Gow will not be very pleased
Old 13 Dec 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3870051)   #2145
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Hill and Hamilton i think personally
Tho...I do agree about not seeing Hamilton do a whole season, especially after he didn't see out the whole 5 rounds he signed up for a few years back with all the fanfare
There's giving people an opportunity
then just doing it for the publicity of who their older brother is.
I think its the latter,

Best result of 16th in the btcc, know the family is loaded but is it worth it,
Yes you can buy yourself a drive if you have the money,
But allowing this callibre of driver into the btcc, kicks off the crashing winning in turn 1 bullshit we've seen an increase in the last few years,
Yeah the guys got a disability its good he might be getting a btcc chair but at the same time judging on past results not the greatest use of a seat.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3870060)   #2146
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The experiment worked on 2 counts:

It produced a BTCC champion.
It proved that RWD advantage was not an excuse for lack of results.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3870061)   #2147
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Why does Nic have to be someone's brother?

In the context of BTCC, Nic is the only Hamilton.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3870062)   #2148
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Well he's not there on talent alone is he, be honest.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3870068)   #2149
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

I have nothing against Nic, he always comes across well and he is a quicker driver than I would be, but the problem is that much as your right, he is his own man, how many times will his brother be mentioned on ITV coverage? How many people would be the aware of or have slightest bit interested in him otherwise?

I know its hard for him because of his disability, but at the same time I would rather he got there despite disability rather than because of it.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 06:15 (Ref:3870118)   #2150
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Well he's not there on talent alone is he, be honest.
Most of the grid are there because they bring something other than talent.