Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 18 Feb 2002, 12:48 (Ref:218412)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On this depressing day...

Can we have some happier "On this day" histories please. Most tend to be death and woe! Have the birthdays gone, I don't remember seeing any.

It's making me very depressed.
Old 18 Feb 2002, 15:48 (Ref:218473)   #2
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a bit depressing, isn't it.
The birthdays are at the bottom of the LH column. Today is Enzo's birthday!!!
Old 19 Feb 2002, 00:56 (Ref:218700)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
If you have any ideas that can be backed up with facts ..then feel free to email with them
Old 19 Feb 2002, 00:58 (Ref:218702)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
and yes the borthdays are now at the bottom left
Old 19 Feb 2002, 10:37 (Ref:218803)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"The birthdays are at the bottom of the LH column."
D'oh!
Never normally get that far down. I've clicked on a thread by then.

Last edited by Adam43; 19 Feb 2002 at 10:38.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 12:21 (Ref:219408)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not put our birthdays "On this day in history"?
Old 20 Feb 2002, 13:33 (Ref:219445)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
because most of us are not motorsport related except for being fans Liz and we do get our birthdays published at the bottom the the forums page , so they are there for all to see.

another thing I will add to this , is that this is the off season and anniversaries are hard to come by for this time of year , you will however see more cheerfull dates once the season gets under way and we move further into the year.
Old 28 Feb 2002, 20:02 (Ref:224684)   #8
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think it would be nice if the birthdays were at the top "on this day..." (and I'm talking about the birthdays listed in the LH column on the main page, not forum members' birthdays, which I agree should be kept where they are). Today is Mario Andretti's birthday, for instance. Would be nice to see that at the top of the page.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 00:43 (Ref:224869)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
yes I think thats a good idea too R , and I am currently looking into that.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 13:48 (Ref:230848)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
If I remember rightly, doesn't Autosport do a significant dates each week on the front page? Would that be a potential source of info - they do a lot of birthdays and race win anniversaries type stuff I think?
Old 8 Mar 2002, 13:54 (Ref:230853)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
yes autosport do that , but as I live in australia I am not paying a heap of money for a magazine that arrives on our shores up to two months late , but hopefully you have noticed things have improved this month
Old 8 Mar 2002, 13:57 (Ref:230855)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - excuses excuses - you could store them up for next year after all

Being brutally honest, I never really read them which is very bad of me - I just noticed the word depressing in the thread and thought "that's the thread for me!"
Old 8 Mar 2002, 16:06 (Ref:230923)   #13
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
I just noticed the word depressing in the thread and thought "that's the thread for me!"
Darn........ can we have a "For depressed" forum? . And yes, it is motorsport...(err just motor) related. 1500 km in a couple of days do wonders.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 22:29 (Ref:231221)   #14
calcium
Racer

calcium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you should have a "happy on this day"for example highlighting big motorsport achievements(but don't go back too far or I'll fall asleep!)and a "sad on this day"which would probably mean highlighting deaths and horrific injuries.I wonder which one everyone would look at first??Just call me cynical!!!
Old 10 Mar 2002, 00:08 (Ref:231949)   #15
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
If I remember rightly, doesn't Autosport do a significant dates each week on the front page? Would that be a potential source of info - they do a lot of birthdays and race win anniversaries type stuff I think?
Autosport missed a birthday this year. Nice to see that 10-10ths had it though!!
Old 10 Mar 2002, 01:23 (Ref:231976)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
hehehehehe
Old 13 Mar 2002, 20:10 (Ref:234502)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Let me explain my reasons for changing it. Basically it was altered to allow us to expand on the content of the 'days in history' section, whilst at the same time allowing us to put the birthdays on each page of the site. So, basically, it comes down to screen real estate. The birthdays are in the narrow column on each page, hence they need to be brief. The days in history are not, and therefore do not.