Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 15 Mar 2003, 12:40 (Ref:536896)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"Mario Andretti - The Complete Record"

Can I please recommend this new book to fans of the American motor racing legend?

My motives aren't entirely selfless - I have to confess that some of my photographs are in it!

Read more about it here:-

http://www.deepthrottle.com/History/...k_review.shtml

Last edited by Aysedasi; 27 Mar 2007 at 13:40.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 13:03 (Ref:536913)   #2
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll buy that - looks a super book. And story of course. He has to be one of the all-time greats too.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 14:25 (Ref:536946)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andretti eh? I don't really have good reason to buy it, even if you you do have photos in it.
Maybe
Old 16 Mar 2003, 10:09 (Ref:537916)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't worry - it's not a hard sell from me - I don't get any royalties, you know!
Old 16 Mar 2003, 13:19 (Ref:538047)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Presumably the pictures you took are from Andretti's Le Mans exploits?
Old 16 Mar 2003, 20:07 (Ref:538295)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Indeed they are. If you visit my "house", you can see some very small thumbnails of them.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 03:23 (Ref:539758)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greatest all-round racer ever IMO, and a great individual to speak to!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 18 Mar 2003, 08:31 (Ref:539879)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In which case Jay, you'll want the book.......
Old 19 Mar 2003, 08:51 (Ref:540962)   #9
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Well done on the photos mate, hope you got a complimentary copy. While Mario has been one of the greatest all rounders, I must admit to a sneaky satisfaction that the debonair and great moustache wearer, Graham Hill is still the only driver to get the Triple Crown, (Indy 500, F1 WDC, Le Mans).
Old 19 Mar 2003, 16:32 (Ref:541281)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
Well done on the photos mate, hope you got a complimentary copy.

Two actually.

One to read.

And a second copy with a dedication signed by the author......

And a second dedication to dear old me from a certain Mr. Andretti......

Rather nice eh?
Old 19 Mar 2003, 16:41 (Ref:541298)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yep, certainly is.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 22:14 (Ref:550510)   #12
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
While Mario has been one of the greatest all rounders, I must admit to a sneaky satisfaction that the debonair and great moustache wearer, Graham Hill is still the only driver to get the Triple Crown, (Indy 500, F1 WDC, Le Mans).
Don't forget Mario has his own triple crown -
Indy 500, WDC, Daytona 500

But Graham Hill has other achievements -
Oscar nomination as best supporting actor (for his five words in "Grand Prix")
and he got them to fit lavatory doors at indianapolis!

What the hell - THEY'RE BOTH REAL RACERS