Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 15 Mar 2003, 18:59 (Ref:537223)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"La Ronde Infernale"

Looks like next month's Motor Sport will be an essential buy for Le Mans and sportscar fans. The issue (out on 21.3.03) will have a copy of "Le Ronde Infernale" as a cover video. A 40 minute video of the Ford win at Le Mans in 1969.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 19:03 (Ref:537227)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw that in Autosport this week, in fact I took a trip to my local WHSmiths this afternoon to get it and it was not there. So I checked Autosport (where I had seen the ad) to find out it was out next week.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 19:10 (Ref:537234)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll have that... I've got one of their vids of the Lotus 49, and the Astons at Le Mans.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 19:13 (Ref:537242)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I got this movie : this is definitely worst it !
Old 15 Mar 2003, 19:19 (Ref:537254)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I take that as "worth it" eh Fab! I'll have it for the collection anyway!
Old 15 Mar 2003, 20:33 (Ref:537366)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I take that as "worth it" eh Fab! I'll have it for the collection anyway!
Ahem... ... wrote too fast, he ? Am I the worst writer here ? I'm afraid... it's worth it to have lessons...
Old 15 Mar 2003, 20:36 (Ref:537370)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah that's nothing, try getting us to write in french!
Old 15 Mar 2003, 20:38 (Ref:537375)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Ah that's nothing, try getting us to write in french!
Uh, really ? Let's try 'Les Hunaudières' instead of 'Mulsanne straight' ... what do you think ?
Old 15 Mar 2003, 21:47 (Ref:537505)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
All right, if you tell me how to type the first e in Hunaudieres. i don't know how to do the little slash. I can do Ă©, but its not the same.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 10:06 (Ref:537913)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
P, a slash is when you're caught short and need to water the flowers and check your handwriting.....
Old 16 Mar 2003, 10:56 (Ref:537939)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Don't worry, Pirenzo, without 'accent', it's still Hunaudières !
Old 16 Mar 2003, 11:16 (Ref:537963)   #12
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will it be also available on the other side of the channel ??
Old 16 Mar 2003, 12:42 (Ref:538013)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Chofar
Will it be also available on the other side of the channel ??
If not, you can order it by Duke Video (what I did myself)...
Old 16 Mar 2003, 13:00 (Ref:538035)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 months wait for me for that edition of Motorsport, but no worries because i already have the video.

Definatly a must see if you haven't.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 13:29 (Ref:538053)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Don't worry, Pirenzo, without 'accent', it's still Hunaudières !
I know but i was taught that for some reason it has to be there if a word ends with ere. I know it makes no difference to the pronounciation but i like to get these things right.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 17:57 (Ref:538215)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
I know but i was taught that for some reason it has to be there if a word ends with ere. I know it makes no difference to the pronounciation but i like to get these things right.
Just copy it :è
Old 16 Mar 2003, 21:03 (Ref:538339)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Hunaudières, yay i did it....

OK, now that's out of the way..well, i have nothing to say
Old 21 Mar 2003, 08:44 (Ref:542859)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Got my copy of Motor Sport yesterday. I've only watched about 20 minutes of the vid so far - but it's great! If you haven't got it - buy the mag! Its incredible to see how fast the 917s were able to go around Tertre Rouge!

And the magazine is a very good read too
Old 21 Mar 2003, 08:54 (Ref:542862)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Ah good, i'll have to go and get it soon
Old 21 Mar 2003, 16:55 (Ref:543339)   #20
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe mine will be waiting for me when I get home
Old 21 Mar 2003, 18:29 (Ref:543402)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will pick my copy up tomorrow when I am in town.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:41 (Ref:544086)   #22
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motorsport magazine - April issue

Anyone got this mag yet? It has a free video if the 1969 Le Mans 24 hour race. It's a great vid, worth it to see the battle right at the end for the win. Ickx won, quite suprising after he got away last because he walked to his car rather than ran to it, and did his belts up properly. He did this as a protest, he belived that the run-and-jump starts were dangerous. Anyway, if you havent got this mag yet do so now!
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:45 (Ref:544094)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I posted a thread about this on Sportscar/GT a week or so ago when I saw the first ads for it. Bought it on Thursday. I watched the video last night and you're right - awesome stuff, particularly the last few minutes (although the footage of those 917s being thrown around Tertre Rouge leaves me speechless every time!).

If you haven't got it already its a real "must-have". And the mag is a darned good read as well -particularly "The 100 Things that made F1 Great".
Old 22 Mar 2003, 19:39 (Ref:544363)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I have just watched it, and what a video, what a race and that is why IMO The Le Mans 24 Hours is the greatest race in the world.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 19:51 (Ref:544376)   #25
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
eek. think i need to get to the newsagents!