Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3784808)   #226
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Maybe he should quit F1 and do an Alonso and try to get the Triple Crown. That's two races a year, which would give him plenty of time to do those other things and still be involved in racing.
I don’t mean this as a negative for Lewis, but o don’t see that as something he is interested in. He may want to do other things, but that’s not one of those things. Different people, different choices.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3784811)   #227
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don’t mean this as a negative for Lewis, but o don’t see that as something he is interested in. He may want to do other things, but that’s not one of those things. Different people, different choices.
He may want to do other things but until he decides, there's no harm in a little surmising. I personally don't see him completely leaving motorsport but I could be wrong.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 23:27 (Ref:3784815)   #228
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree that I don’t think he’ll leave motorsport. He likes it too much.

However, and I may be wrong, but I see him as F1 only.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3784816)   #229
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I agree that I don’t think he’ll leave motorsport. He likes it too much.

However, and I may be wrong, but I see him as F1 only.
It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3784883)   #230
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can't see him racing in other series frankly
Old 3 Dec 2017, 10:43 (Ref:3784884)   #231
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Can’t see him racing in another series but could see him setting up a kart team/ championship/ junior category team
Old 3 Dec 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3784888)   #232
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't see Lewis racing anything but F1. Certainly not sportscars. Given his attempts at music and his social circle, I imagine he'd pursue that.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3784892)   #233
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Currently watching the C4 season review. Don’t know why they’ve only got it on for one hour though, there’s plenty more they could show
Old 6 Dec 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3785542)   #234
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
The Americanisation of Lewis is now complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Hamilton
it's just F1 has been a little bit behind other sports. It's such a special sport.

"And you look at the NFL, you look at soccer, you look at all these other sports which happen to have a little bit more of a global awareness – I think F1 has the scope to be as big as those.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 00:02 (Ref:3785556)   #235
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
"It's just F1 has been a little bit behind other sports. It's such a special sport."

"And you look at the NFL, you look at soccer, you look at all these other sports which happen to have a little bit more of a global awareness – I think F1 has the scope to be as big as those."

I don't understand why he thinks that?
Old 7 Dec 2017, 00:09 (Ref:3785557)   #236
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Quote:
"It's just F1 has been a little bit behind other sports. It's such a special sport."

"And you look at the NFL, you look at soccer, you look at all these other sports which happen to have a little bit more of a global awareness – I think F1 has the scope to be as big as those."

Agreed.

I would say that F1 is definitely bigger globally than NFL.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 00:41 (Ref:3785562)   #237
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Agreed.

I would say that F1 is definitely bigger globally than NFL.
I found this, http://www.totalsportek.com/most-popular-sports/ which is a ranking of the World's 25 most popular sports. They have used 13 criteria.

F1 is 7th and the NFL 12th.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 09:51 (Ref:3785618)   #238
S griffin
Veteran

F1 is big everywhere except America. Americans seem to think they are the world
Old 7 Dec 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3785621)   #239
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:

I think he understands that, even though he was talking to the BRDC, his message was intended for the American owners of F1.

What he said could be interpreted as:

"It's just F1 has been a little bit behind other sports [in the US]. It's such a special sport."

"And you look at the NFL [in the US], you look at soccer [globally], you look at all these other sports which happen to have a little bit more of a global awareness – I think F1 has the scope to be as big as those."

What he might be trying to get across, to the owners of F1, is that F1 is behind NFL and soccer in getting recognition in the general US conscious?
Old 7 Dec 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3785627)   #240
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Hamilton isn't going anywhere until he has written the next 3 easy championships against his name. 2018/2019/2020.
Then he will likely decide.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3785675)   #241
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
The Americanisation of Lewis is now complete
because he is calling it soccer instead of football right?

i thought it was a funny joke.

as for the rest of his quote...i dont think he is wrong....well at least in terms of shoe, jerseys, apparel, sports equipment sales.

not to confuse TV ratings with global awareness, but in terms of marketability (as a function of how well known someone is hence global awarness), American football players (although i would say American Basketball players eclipse NFL players on a global scale) and soccer players are far more well known and dominate the global advertising market.

add to that the top tennis players, a few Olympians, some golfers, boxers back in the day, and the occasional cricketer.

in this respect, f1 drivers dont really come close imo.

as an aggregate, loads more people may watch F1 but i would say more people are willing to drink out of drivers shoe then actually buy a shoe endorsed by a driver.

anyways, the leaving the sport talk and now this quote...my feeling is that this is someone working what should be the largest F1 contract of all time.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 19:05 (Ref:3785701)   #242
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Depends who he was talking too. If talking to an American then he was simply using the appropriate word.

Odd he seemed to describe NFL as a global sport, despite it being a world championship. But hey ho.

I’m more worried he’s turning into JYS.
Attached Thumbnails
13C4B574-6B54-466D-9571-59D5870ACD4B.jpeg  
Old 7 Dec 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3785702)   #243
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Depends who he was talking too. If talking to an American then he was simply using the appropriate word.

Odd he seemed to describe NFL as a global sport, despite it being a world championship. But hey ho.

I’m more worried he’s turning into JYS.
It was the BRDC awards. Which makes it a bit...cringy tbh.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3785711)   #244
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It was the BRDC awards. Which makes it a bit...cringy tbh.
Still cringy-worth, but I think that was his costume for the British Fashion Awards held at the Royal Albert Hall (the clue is the red carpet up the steps leading towards the dome of the Hall). The BRDC do was held at the Hilton Hotel on Park Lane, I believe.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3785712)   #245
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The costume, that seemed borrowed from JYS, was for the fashion thing. Akrapovic just meant the quote. My post was, as you say, of a different event.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3785713)   #246
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Yeah I've no idea where that tartan monster came from. The soccer quote appears to be the BRDC awards (unless I've gotten that completely wrong?). I can't really imagine standing in front of Brits and using the word soccer.

On the other hand, I feel like it's just having a go at Lewis for the sake of having a go at Lewis.

And my third opinion is: I don't really care. But if he starts dropping the U from colour and mispronouncing route then s**t just got real.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3785714)   #247
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's easy to get confused at my age. Apologies if required.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 22:48 (Ref:3785735)   #248
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
And my third opinion is: I don't really care. But if he starts dropping the U from colour and mispronouncing route then s**t just got real.
LOL
and am in full agreement !
Old 8 Dec 2017, 02:21 (Ref:3785757)   #249
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
The costume, that seemed borrowed from JYS, was for the fashion thing. Akrapovic just meant the quote. My post was, as you say, of a different event.
John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, wore a tartan suit back in the halcyon days of British Punk Rock. Maybe JYS and subsequently Lewis were inspired?

Old 8 Dec 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3785924)   #250
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
He pulls it off better than Scotsman or the American. Better music than both too.