Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Apr 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2440245)   #76
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is my understanding that there are two John Atkinson's.

It was probably something that was discussed on a forum from the hills around Canberra.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2440374)   #77
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Holly Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Don't think that Chris's father is THAT John Atkinson - the John Atkinson from AGG is a Sydney accountant.
I'd always thought that they were the same John Atkinson, but you could be right.

Of course, Chris Atkinson is also a qualified accountant, and grew up not far from Sydney.... so I'm not sure if your information strengthens your argument or mine!

I swear the WRX Chris ran in 2004 in the ARC had Atkinson Gore Group written on it somewhere... but Google isn't even helping me atm...
Old 14 Apr 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2440386)   #78
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Wood View Post
I swear the WRX Chris ran in 2004 in the ARC had Atkinson Gore Group written on it somewhere....
There's a few pics on the ARC website from 2004 of Atkinson, but no signage relating to Gore that I could find.

eg. http://www.rally.com.au/data/images/...e/000916LG.jpg

Also here's a BIO about Mr Gore's Atkinson : http://www.aussievineyards.com/au/ab.../john_atkinson

There's a pretty detailed article about Chris here: http://www.subaru-msm.com/global/fea...rSWRT/116.html

He was in stockbroking, not accounting according to that. And the pic of his father doesn't really look like Mr Gore's Atkinson, but it's hard to tell.

My guess is that there are two John Atkinsons.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2440432)   #79
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys, the John Atkinson involved with Mr Gore is not Chris's dad. The picture on the site http://www.aussievineyards.com/au/ab.../john_atkinson looks nothing like him anyway. Chris's dad was an ex champion rally driver himself and yes, is well off financially, but that's about the end of it.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2440489)   #80
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Thanks guys, mystery solved!

The signage on the WRX was indeed not anything to do with AGG, the circular silver logo appears to stand for 'Atkinson Rallying' or somesuch... clearly not WPS. Oh the pitfalls of the human memory...
Old 15 Apr 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2440949)   #81
kiwi butt
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
Papatoetoe
kiwi butt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love Craig Kirrin Gore. He is just the best thing to happen to V8Supercar for a long whil.

Sharing his views with an acid tongue filled with delightful expletives often left in his releases.

Why cant he come back?

I mean if he has a bankruptcy over his head, well its like Dick, and David Paul John,
so he can still own a team without question or measure

We love you David Paul John. We love you Craig Kirrin Gore
Old 16 Apr 2009, 00:25 (Ref:2441858)   #82
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More interestingly, the alleged new owner of WPS is even taking Mr Gore to court to extract funds owed Here while another AGG company is being melted by City Pacific....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Apr 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2441859)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No news about Maxamillion's claim on Mr Gore reported here There was discussion that this was headed to court on April 1st.. (how appropriate? )
Old 16 Apr 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2441876)   #84
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Field day for the lawyers
Old 16 Apr 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2442012)   #85
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And still no one at the top end of town sheds a tear for Mr Gore - a few unpaid bills out near where he lives leaves a bad taste in a lot of mouths (not big bucks) - I don't think Mr Fish is too happy at the moment , watch this space ! - he may be next one to crumble .
Old 16 Apr 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2442599)   #86
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl View Post
And still no one at the top end of town sheds a tear for Mr Gore - a few unpaid bills out near where he lives leaves a bad taste in a lot of mouths (not big bucks) - I don't think Mr Fish is too happy at the moment , watch this space ! - he may be next one to crumble .
who is Mr Fish?
Old 16 Apr 2009, 23:22 (Ref:2442634)   #87
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
who is Mr Fish?
Here
Old 17 Apr 2009, 00:05 (Ref:2442657)   #88
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah that picture must of been taken prior to Gore buying, there seem to be a lot more empty spaces now. Platinum Waters also has more empty houses than occupied ones, that is what happens when they are overpriced. There is a lot of talk around the area about Fish going under, at the harbour units have gone up left, right and centre, they now offer 1.99% over 3 years to try and get some movement.
Old 11 May 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2459966)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting report in MeN this evening... that Mr Gore's WPS Motorsport entity is in hot water with the liquidators, with a reported $6.1m deficiency of funds.. and $1m of that owed to the tax office...
Old 11 May 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2460370)   #90
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well they are doing something to try and bring the debt down a bit

http://shop.ebay.com.au/merchant/jpa...rmrsZ1QQ_fromZ

Whilst I was at the old WPS Racing shed the other day picking up some of these items, I saw a box with "Hewson Shirts" on the side

After I left I thought I should of grabbed one for a bit of a reminder of more interesting times in V8 Supercar history
Old 13 May 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2461593)   #91
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
This is an interesting shirt... that's an A1 car!

And I know that Will did race that thing once, but I don't think Gore/WPS/WOW had anything to do with it... and they don't run car numbers in A1, so it appears to be a rather big error...
Old 14 May 2009, 04:11 (Ref:2462102)   #92
Tucky70
Rookie

Australia
Qld
Tucky70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holly Wood, those Will Power T shirts were for sale at the 07 Gold Coast Indy when the Champ Cars raced there for the last time. I know because I bought one for my son and we lined up and got all the drivers to sign it.

I did wonder at the time why the car looked like an A1 car and nothing at all like the Panoz Champ Car they were running that year. Oh well, still a nice shirt.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Mens-Team...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2507674)   #93
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr.Gore Inthe news again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLqMOu52-T0
Old 25 Jul 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2508081)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Mr Whitlock looks well....
Old 26 Jul 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2508114)   #95
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now this is interesting,
A similar search seems to have been executed in NZ recently. Instigated by a former VESA team owner there.
The similarities are striking,
Attempts to recover funds overdue and appear to have put a creditor in a position where the self stated multi millionaire former owner laid a theft complaint with Police.
5 Police vehicles ,4 Armed offender squad members,a police photographer,a total of 10 policemen used in this search.
With Documents found being viewed by the detective in charge the Police became more interested in the motivation of the complainant.
In this case the Police were surrendered property that had been in storage for years and departed.
No arrests or charges were laid, although this creditor and other creditors have since been interviewed by a representative the Fraud Investigation Unit there.

A Helicopter without a Log Book/Maintainence Log is on Static Display[Not Airworthy]
Same as a Racecar without a Logbook I believe.[non compliant]
Coincidently this same former team owner/complainant had similar log book losses for his former racecars,for similar reasons apparently.Non payment.

Its interesting to observe these cash strapped Type Hoons in action Eh.
Different rules for themselves they seem to think.
Will this become the new way to avoid paying your dues/overdues?

Old 25 Sep 2009, 03:04 (Ref:2547749)   #96
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Linky

Have Max et al been paid yet?
Old 25 Sep 2009, 06:05 (Ref:2547774)   #97
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe given one of the houses in the auction?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2560253)   #98
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 13 Oct 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2560421)   #99
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
what paper.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2560476)   #100
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saturdays Courier Mail Business section but i couldn't find it online hence the scan.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!