Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Mar 2017, 23:33 (Ref:3721709)   #26
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Two Alfas is belt and braces, surely?
Old 27 Mar 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3721777)   #27
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Would love to see some Alfa's in the BTCC.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 08:07 (Ref:3721778)   #28
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juts my (lighthearted for a Monday morning) opinions here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
We'll see far too much of Mrs Turkington...
Not sure that's possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They are showing the advert for the championship on ITV4 a lot.
I don't think I've watched ITV4 since last October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
...anything other than Plato on the podium and I'll be happy).
Amen to that!
Old 27 Mar 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3721793)   #29
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simply can't wait for the season to start. Qualifying will be really interesting with such a strong grid.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3721794)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
I don't think I've watched ITV4 since last October.
Well the ITV4 motorsport season has already started with WSBK and last week the Goodwood Members Meeting
Old 27 Mar 2017, 09:08 (Ref:3721803)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Simply can't wait for the season to start. Qualifying will be really interesting with such a strong grid.
With all the cars on base weight, I expect the times will be very close across most of the field.
If they don't nail a perfect lap, expect to see many of the favourites starting outside the top ten.

It would not surprise me if we saw two TD cars, two WSR cars, two Motorbase cars and three BMR cars outside the top ten having all failed to set a perfect lap (and still be within a second of the front row).
Old 27 Mar 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3721851)   #32
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well the ITV4 motorsport season has already started with WSBK and last week the Goodwood Members Meeting
Sounds like I need to find the channel again, thanks!
Old 27 Mar 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3721867)   #33
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
With all the cars on base weight, I expect the times will be very close across most of the field.
If they don't nail a perfect lap, expect to see many of the favourites starting outside the top ten.

It would not surprise me if we saw two TD cars, two WSR cars, two Motorbase cars and three BMR cars outside the top ten having all failed to set a perfect lap (and still be within a second of the front row).
Indeed. A close, competitive field and a short track. Being slightly off-line or not perfectly clipping every apex will result in several positions lost.

I expect all quotes after qualifying to be along the lines of "We're close, it's such a tight grid here, we didn't quite get the perfect set-up or make the most of the new tyres" ad nauseam.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 13:38 (Ref:3721871)   #34
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Weather at the moment looks quite mixed. Showing rain saturday, clear sunday.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3721894)   #35
pagey318
Rookie

pagey318 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Indeed. A close, competitive field and a short track. Being slightly off-line or not perfectly clipping every apex will result in several positions lost.

I expect all quotes after qualifying to be along the lines of "We're close, it's such a tight grid here, we didn't quite get the perfect set-up or make the most of the new tyres" ad nauseam.
"we're there or there abouts" is a common one amongst racing drivers!
Old 27 Mar 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3721965)   #36
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why do they say "WE" instead of "I" ? is there a secret co-driver ?

like "We passed inside " "We out brake him" "We managed the tires" etc
Old 28 Mar 2017, 05:48 (Ref:3722056)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
why do they say "WE" instead of "I" ? is there a secret co-driver ?

like "We passed inside " "We out brake him" "We managed the tires" etc
Two possible reasons

a) The mentality of the driver is based on a team effort, so if they out-brake someone it is also a result of the engineer's work as well as the driver's.

b) They understand the importance of their sponsors/partners, so describe their success as part of a partnership. Motorbase drivers may describe their success as being with Shredded Wheat / Duo, not funded by.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3722082)   #38
porsche962fan
Veteran

it sounds pathetic , they can just say thanks to our sponsors and team etc but no need to always say WE

I can't remeber in american interviews the driver always say WE
Old 28 Mar 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3722086)   #39
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At this point it would sound weird if they didn't say "we", especially Mat Jackson.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3722092)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
it sounds pathetic , they can just say thanks to our sponsors and team etc but no need to always say WE

I can't remeber in american interviews the driver always say WE
Drivers in all categories, across the globe, appreciate that it is a team effort to get results.

A quick search through the NASCAR website for some post-race interviews reveals this:

"It was definitely not the situation we wanted to be in, but we thought more guys would stay out there (under the sixth caution)," said Truex, who led 73 laps, second only to Larson's 110. "I think we only ran a few laps. It was definitely a disadvantage at the end and just really tight.
"Holding on for fourth was good for points. Overall, it was a good day for everybody. We just had that one pit stop and I slid a little bit -- a foot or so further than I had all day. The guys got the air hose caught on the splitter and we lost six spots or whatever it was (during a stop under caution on Lap 181). All in all, it was a good day, and we ran up front and led laps. The 42 (Larson) and I felt like we were the class of the field -- he just got it done, and we didn't."

From IndyCar website:

“We’ll see if we can prosper and make some good things happen,” he said. “We have a very long list to get through (in testing) and we’ll try to get through as much as we can. The more miles you do around here, the better.”

and

“Honestly, I’m a little speechless. We had a miserable day yesterday and that was all me, and today we turned it into a great day.”

This statement from Chris Smiley at Media Day sums up (I think) the driver's mentality that results are achieved as part of a team, but takes responsibility for their own mistakes:

“Today was the first day I’ve driven my own car but I felt comfortable straightaway. I didn’t even hook my best lap up properly because I made a mistake. Okay, it’s not a race weekend but this gives the whole team a boost going to Brands Hatch as it proves we’re not far away. We’re in the mix.”
Old 28 Mar 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3722222)   #41
porsche962fan
Veteran

meh seem all like corporate robots

we need characters like Dave Brodie back , and his legendary interview at 0.20

love the way he said "if they want to take ME and my team on "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJL-yyoqe4I
Old 28 Mar 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3722227)   #42
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, they simply appreciate the hard work of the rest of the team. Nothing corporate robot about that, just decent human behaviour.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3722241)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

The difference there is it literally was his team, so nothing like the drivers you criticise for recognising that many other people contribute to their success.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3722258)   #44
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Isn't "we" the same as "me and my team"?

Old 29 Mar 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3722377)   #45
thlbtcc
Veteran

Wow, thank goodness the racing starts soon!
Old 29 Mar 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3722384)   #46
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Trouble is the fuel used in those days has been banned under the World disarmament treaty has been banned!
Old 30 Mar 2017, 17:20 (Ref:3722638)   #47
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be interesting to see Price's livery - hopefully it'll look like the Clio he was planned to race this year and not something pink like the year before!

Still hoping that some colour has been added to those MGs too...

Last edited by luckn002; 30 Mar 2017 at 17:33.
Old 30 Mar 2017, 23:12 (Ref:3722674)   #48
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
It'll be interesting to see Price's livery - hopefully it'll look like the Clio he was planned to race this year and not something pink like the year before!
I'd expect it to look exactly like the other three Subarus.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 06:52 (Ref:3722711)   #49
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I'd expect it to look exactly like the other three Subarus.
Price is entered under the BMR Academy unlike the other three cars, so I expect it to look different. To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the works livery unveiled at Media Day.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3722718)   #50
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Price is entered under the BMR Academy unlike the other three cars, so I expect it to look different. To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the works livery unveiled at Media Day.
There was a leaked image on fb a few days back
Which bmrs media lady swiftly asked to be deleted. It
Is different to the rest but I guess there must be a reason they're not releasing it yet.