Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Jun 2018, 12:06 (Ref:3832310)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nitro World Games 2018 - Utah

This post maybe belongs in the ARX thread, but it seems this is being treated as a standalone event so I have given it a thread of it's own.

In September the "Nitro World Games" (the brainchild of Travis Pastrana) will run at Utah Motorsports Camp. There are several events listed on the official website including rallycross (as "NRX").

Nitro World Games appears to be sponsored by VW, Subaru and Red Bull (so far, so GRC) but, interestingly, Mattias Ekstrom is listed as one of the drivers participating. I wonder if one of the EKS cars will make the journey, or if they will find a car locally for him?
Old 13 Sep 2018, 10:58 (Ref:3849829)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More details have come out about this event:

http://www.nitroworldgames.com/artic...th-a-roll-cage

Including a map of the track:

It looks more like a motocross track than a rallycross circuit: that's surely going to break some cars?
Old 13 Sep 2018, 11:46 (Ref:3849845)   #3
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really is a motocross track; different lanes, "bump" section, small jumps, sloped corners and a gap jump. When even the "extremes" of rallycross in GRC and X Games removed gap jumps I do wonder how that is gonna work out now, especially since there might be cars going under the jumping cars.

But yeah, the cars will probably be quite high and soft.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3849847)   #4
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 drivers listed so far with Timmy Hansen as well.

Obviously a week before WRX/ARX at CotA so they might get some more cars involved. Worried about the Motocross back section. That will only kill cars. Plus 3 different routes might be risky, surely they'll only choose 1. And jump on the inside of turn 1! Really only turn 1 offers a passing place. About 1.5-1.6km so a standard length track.

Apart from the motocross section, I like the look of it. Banked corners, random jumps, should be pretty spectacular.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 15:25 (Ref:3849894)   #5
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn't Utah already have an short course off-road racetrack?
Old Today, 12:14 (Ref:3852382)   #6
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Connecticut
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously the entry was very low but put that aside.

This course was much better than any of the old GRC courses and obviously was primarily gravel. The jump was well designed which isn't a surprise given Travis was responsible for it. I would be interested to hear what Ekstrom and Hansen thought of the jump. Always looks spectacular and this one was much better than the metal one we used in GRC that took out Topi.

Be interesting to see if Travis can continue the Nitro Games to compete with X Games that seems to have run its course. If so, good for rally/rallycross as Travis is totally committed and with his body he has to have a cage around him now so won't drop rally like X Games did.

Oh and let the haters hate.....
Old Today, 13:34 (Ref:3852399)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I struggled with the App so was unable to watch the racing live. Hopefully some sort of highlight video will appear this week.

Definitely an intriguing layout though, as predicted, very hard on the cars. Those teams that had "spare" cars were obviously able to push a lot more than those who were thinking about racing next weekend in the same car (i.e. Hoonigan).