Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 16 Sep 2002, 04:54 (Ref:381223)   #1
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rockingham race was Great!

The CART series just visited the Rockingham Speedway in Corby, England. What a wonderful race it was! Such close competition and an excellent drive by two Brits! Can a series be any better than CART? I don't see how!

See the blue logo in the corner? That's Dario Franchitti's helmet/country flag colors! God I love CART!
Old 16 Sep 2002, 06:48 (Ref:381263)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i like CART too....but im guessin you hate the IRL, only and anti-IRL person you waste their time going on about you brilliant the Rockingham 500 was, when it was above-average IMO. Th3 Chevy 500 was much, much better, the racing was fantastic! it came down to the last few inches, FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP. Do you have a window nearby? look out of it. thats called "Outside", a place you havent been to in a long time, i assume. No one is makig you the watch IRL. You dont have to watch it, but you will be missing out on the best racing you'll ever see.

Old 16 Sep 2002, 22:06 (Ref:381964)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the best racing, CART, Michigan and Fontana, 1998-2001.

Period. It involved more than two drivers, too.
Old 17 Sep 2002, 10:11 (Ref:382298)   #4
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was at Rockingham and although I enjoyed the experience immensly, you can hardly call it a classic race! Just who do you work for camcartfan?
Old 25 Sep 2002, 13:23 (Ref:388032)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Rockingham race was Great!

Quote:
Originally posted by camcartfan
The CART series just visited the Rockingham Speedway in Corby, England. What a wonderful race it was! Such close competition and an excellent drive by two Brits! Can a series be any better than CART? I don't see how!

See the blue logo in the corner? That's Dario Franchitti's helmet/country flag colors! God I love CART!

Yeah, seeing yet another race without a single on-track lead change (for the 12th time in 15 races - we must be breaking some sort of record soon, right? Wohoo!) sure was a hoot! Oh boy, I can't wait to see the race in Miami since we all know how mega-super-duper-exciting those wonderful street courses are. Yay, I wish all racing in the world had the same amount of EXCITEMENT CART has shown this year.

I wish I could reset the clock to 1996 when CART actually could put on a great show, even on the road- and street-courses (...well, if you exclude the '96 race at Toronto that is ).