Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2020, 08:47 (Ref:4011123)   #226
Taxi645
Racer

Netherlands
Taxi645 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Problem is. Moving PU regulations up does not help RBR. They want no change and to keep whatever Honda produces at the end of 2021. Moving it up means if RBR takes the Honda IP, RBR will have to develop a new power unit (which they don't want to do)

Regarding what Honda may deliver in 2021... It's my understanding Honda could have brought an improve solutions for 2020, but pushed it back to 2021. So there is improvements yet to come from Honda before they leave.

Richard

I could be seen as a trade of for Reb Bull. Yes, they have to bridge the period between 2021 and 2023 and be less competitive then if they can't invest. If in return however, they get engine regulations that allows for competitive independent manufacturers the next 5-8 years, that might be a good trade-off for them.

For Ferrari, it's easier to keep their real world brand and product identity if they can retain combustion engines in their road cars, but keep it acceptable by having them run on synthetic fuel.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 08:53 (Ref:4011124)   #227
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Ferrari are the only manufacturer that has always been here due to itís passion for the sport. After all Enzo only produced road cars to pay for the racing programme
Old 17 Oct 2020, 09:31 (Ref:4011129)   #228
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
. The only non Mercedes, Red Bull or Ferrari win in the hybrid era has come from Alpha Tauri.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm, not entirely certain that is correct, they've had wins in 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 according to Wiki. That would be with Renault and Honda power.
I think you may have misunderstood the point Wolfhound was making Peter..... indeed the only non Red Bull/Ferrari/Mercedes team win in the hybrid era is that of Gasly in the Alpha Tauri this year at Monza. The last race prior to Gasly won by a team other than the 'big three' was Raikkonen in the Lotus at the Australian GP in 2013.

Of course in that time period Red Bull have won with engines by Renault and Honda, as have Ferrari won
Old 17 Oct 2020, 09:39 (Ref:4011131)   #229
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My bad, I don't include RB as a Big team. I shall change my viewpoint.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 09:54 (Ref:4011132)   #230
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
My bad, I don't include RB as a Big team. I shall change my viewpoint.
.... they probably deserve a place this year more than a certain Red team.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 14:05 (Ref:4011148)   #231
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
They certainly have organised their team a lot better the Scuderia