Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Dec 2011, 11:29 (Ref:3002626)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
GTS, AMOC and MRL

Thinking of some previous threads regarding AMOC, I'm surprised that no-one has commented on the fact that Duncan Wiltshire has been appointed to oversee their racing next year, and that Equipe GTS is to be taken under AMOC wing also. Not sure if it will be Duncan's MRL concern that will be involved with AMOC, or it will be seperate. Jim Lowry will be acting as GTS President, so good to know there will be some continuity there.

Good move?
Old 21 Dec 2011, 12:18 (Ref:3002645)   #2
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thinking of some previous threads regarding AMOC, I'm surprised that no-one has commented on the fact that Duncan Wiltshire has been appointed to oversee their racing next year, and that Equipe GTS is to be taken under AMOC wing also. Not sure if it will be Duncan's MRL concern that will be involved with AMOC, or it will be seperate. Jim Lowry will be acting as GTS President, so good to know there will be some continuity there.

Good move?
Mike

Definitely a good move as far as I'm concerned . I'm thinking if making this my main series for next year having had a good go at Guards for the last three seasons. The drawback for us Moggie drivers is running on Dunlops while the TR4s run on Avons but I can live with that.

The combination of Duncan and Jim is part of the attraction for me - I've a had a great time racing the TR2 with Duncan. Others may know different but I think that this is a separate venture from MRL.

Mark
Old 21 Dec 2011, 19:21 (Ref:3002854)   #3
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things on the GTS front are a little complicated. It's no secret that the organisation in the last year was not up to the standard Jim Lowry set. At the last MGCC meeting the HRDC annouced out of the blue, that they were running an MGB50 series, something the MGCC had ideas about doing, given the state of GTS a group of the GTS drivers felt something needed to be done and emailed everyone who had done GTS and a committee was formed to run a new series "Ecurie GTS" under the MGCC banner. This will run at all the MGCC meetings and others.
In the mean time Christophe has sold the Equipe GTS name to the AMOC. Thus we have three similar series chasing the same cars, although HRDC want cars to run on Dunlops.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 19:33 (Ref:3002862)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I thought it all sounded too straightforward.....

Hope it works out for you. I presume you are heading the 'Ecurie' direction?
Old 22 Dec 2011, 13:06 (Ref:3003176)   #5
simes43
Racer

simes43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have listed below the combined HRDC/Ecurie GTS Race dates 2012

31 March Silverstone hrdc press day

8th April Donny MGCC 50 mins

9th April Castle Combe hrdc

5th & 6th May Snett hrdc

5th & 6th May Brands MGCC 2x30mins

15th & 17th June Spa hrdc

23rd &24th Silverstone MGLive 50 mins

28th July Donny. Hrdc

11th August Oulton MGCC 50 mins

18th August Lydden Hill HRDC

8th Sept Thruxton MGCC 50 mins

7th October Mallory HRDC

13th & 14th October Snett MGCC 2x30 mins

Not alot of room for another series and the Masters, HSCC
Spa dates.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 16:38 (Ref:3003256)   #6
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Things on the GTS front are a little complicated. It's no secret that the organisation in the last year was not up to the standard Jim Lowry set. At the last MGCC meeting the HRDC annouced out of the blue, that they were running an MGB50 series, something the MGCC had ideas about doing, given the state of GTS a group of the GTS drivers felt something needed to be done and emailed everyone who had done GTS and a committee was formed to run a new series "Ecurie GTS" under the MGCC banner. This will run at all the MGCC meetings and others.
In the mean time Christophe has sold the Equipe GTS name to the AMOC. Thus we have three similar series chasing the same cars, although HRDC want cars to run on Dunlops.

I dont race with AMOC anymore so I can only comment as bystander.

MRL/Duncan Wiltshire tend to provide a good package and service level to drivers, I quite like their events. They want to make money, so the entry fees are on the high side, but worth it.
Duncan has supported AMOC and pre war racing / team challenge for years, he knows what he is taking on
I support the move to MRL, if they dont get it going, nobody would, IMHO.

I would have been much more radical, stop the AMOC organising their own race days apart from possibly the Horsfall and buy selected races at VSCC meetings or similar club evens.
That would have minimised the exposure of the AMOC to financial risks while still providing the race opportunities to members.

Why the AMOC had to buy brand rights to a races series for NON Astons eludes me due to my bystander status.

I wish all parties concerned best of luck with AMOC racing in 2012.
If they want us to demo the EMKA Aston Martin Group C car, or get us to win the Horsfall on the road....
I can be talked into that.

Rudolf
Old 22 Dec 2011, 17:48 (Ref:3003273)   #7
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As regards the list of events as posted above. The MGCC Ecurie GTS races are likely to be 2 x 30 minute races not 50 minutes as stated.
Personally I will not do the HRDC ones as they want Dunlop tyres and I have 2 sets of Avons and a set of Yokos already so can't afford more! I will do Donington, Silverstone Live! and Oulton at the moment. Brands and Thruxton might was well be in Outer Mongolia from here! I will see what the AMOC regs and dates are and might fit in a few of these if they are within reach.
What really annoys me about so many clubs and championships is that they want you to sign up to the series, join the club etc and you may only want to do the odd event. It's quite different in speed events or rallying where an organising club will invite many club, or associations of clubs, to events so there is no need to keep joining other clubs.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 00:39 (Ref:3003760)   #8
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Good move?

At first I tended to agree with You
What a surprise that nobody felt the need to comment on that see change for AMOC here.
Ten years ago, this would have been the case

The explanation is very sad but easy
As veeeeeeeery few race with AMOC nowadays, not many care enough to comment on what is going on.
Even more so, when You realise that there are enough alternatives, HSCC, VSCC,MGCC et al, its not leaving a gaping hole of unfulfilled need.

I still very much hope that MRL and AMOC make a go of it.

A Guards Trophy dispute get more response here then all of AMOC racing.

And no, I am NOT biased, more the rosy tinted type. If it werent for AMOC I would not have started racing.

Rudolf
Old 24 Dec 2011, 06:44 (Ref:3003805)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
What a surprise that nobody felt the need to comment on that see change for AMOC here.
Ten years ago, this would have been the case

Rudolf
Yes, I am surprised as well, but hope AMOC can find a 'niche' to slot into!