Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Oct 2020, 11:54 (Ref:4010361)   #316
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You don't stay a WDC for ever though.... As Vettel has very much shown.
I must confess I ache next year hear the words "Sebastian, Lance is faster than you, do you understand?"
Old 13 Oct 2020, 12:19 (Ref:4010366)   #317
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Conspiracy theorists are on the loose!

Racing Point badly want Stroll Jr to beat his team mate, so badly do they want this to happen that they have signed a 4 x world champion to partner Stroll next season.

Stroll is with the team next year but Perez is not, so I guess it stands to reason that Stroll is given the new parts first.
Great point this one. If you just want Stroll ahead then you hire a driver with money who isn't very good. You don't pay Vettel money to do it.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 13:25 (Ref:4010378)   #318
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
...Since he has been in the Racing Point I have had to readjust my opinions...
Same for me. Actually finding myself liking the kid now.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 13:41 (Ref:4010381)   #319
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Remember him shouting for help in the Williams? Kinda makes you wonder if he had a point back then.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 13:51 (Ref:4010385)   #320
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
He was definitely parachuted into F1 before he was properly ready, and as a result really struggled at times. But heís not F3 champion for nothing and as he has got more experience and a better car he seems more confident and the results are showing. Not suggesting heís a Leclerc or a Verstappen, but definitely not a rich kid with more money than talent
Old 13 Oct 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4010415)   #321
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I must confess I ache next year hear the words "Sebastian, Lance is faster than you, do you understand?"
That would be priceless.......
Old 14 Oct 2020, 08:28 (Ref:4010538)   #322
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as i'm concerned Lance will never be more than an average driver, he's into his fourth season now, still regularly gets out qualified by whoever is his team mate, never put's his car higher up the grid than it should be, odd freak result granted. Having said that he doesn't make many mistakes and his dads cash/connections keep the team afloat, he is hardly the first person in F1 with those qualifications. He will never win an F1 title, there is an outside chance he may luck into a win. When all is said and done he is in arguably the third best car on the grid and sits 9th in the championship having missed a round, Perez is 5th having missed two rounds.
Old Yesterday, 14:45 (Ref:4011829)   #323
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
So Lance Stroll tested positive to Covid-19 on the day of the Eifel GP, flew home and self isolated and is now supposedly clear and planning to drive in Portugal this weekend. Hope he did not infect any of his bubble. Getting a positive result and jumping on a plane does not seem that responsible, but .....
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...after-eifel-gp
Old Yesterday, 15:20 (Ref:4011831)   #324
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
So Lance Stroll tested positive to Covid-19 on the day of the Eifel GP, flew home and self isolated and is now supposedly clear and planning to drive in Portugal this weekend. Hope he did not infect any of his bubble. Getting a positive result and jumping on a plane does not seem that responsible, but .....
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...after-eifel-gp
There's two factors here.
A) There is a big difference between travelling through Frankfurt to get on an A330 and someone like Stroll's version of taking a plane home to Geneva.
B) The test was not carried out before the GP, but was carried out after he had arrived home.

Stroll's statement said: "I arrived at the Nurburgring after testing negative in the normal pre-race tests.
"On Saturday morning, I started to feel unwell and woke up with an upset stomach. I followed FIA (Covid) protocol and self-isolated in my motorhome and did not re-enter the paddock.
"I wasn't fit to race, so I went home early Sunday morning. As I was still feeling under the weather, I took a Covid test on Sunday evening.
"The next day, the results came back positive, so I stayed at home isolating for the next 10 days."
Old Yesterday, 17:27 (Ref:4011845)   #325
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A) There is a big difference between travelling through Frankfurt to get on an A330 and someone like Stroll's version of taking a plane home to Geneva.
i get that his means may afford him the ability to do things differently, but i still dont like the optics of it.
Old Yesterday, 18:04 (Ref:4011853)   #326
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i get that his means may afford him the ability to do things differently, but i still dont like the optics of it.
I understand that - and agree with what you are saying.

It has to be remembered though that his most recent test at the time of the flight was negative. The positive test wasn't carried out until after the flight.
Old Yesterday, 18:06 (Ref:4011854)   #327
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
So what does he do ? Sit in his hotel until he is all better? He would have jumped in his family Bombardia and flown home. Unless off course the alternative story doing the rounds is true....
Old Yesterday, 18:24 (Ref:4011856)   #328
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
nothing any of the strolls do suggests they give a ratís bum about optics to be honest.
Old Yesterday, 20:22 (Ref:4011866)   #329
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
As far as i'm concerned Lance will never be more than an average driver, he's into his fourth season now, still regularly gets out qualified by whoever is his team mate, never put's his car higher up the grid than it should be, odd freak result granted. Having said that he doesn't make many mistakes and his dads cash/connections keep the team afloat, he is hardly the first person in F1 with those qualifications. He will never win an F1 title, there is an outside chance he may luck into a win. When all is said and done he is in arguably the third best car on the grid and sits 9th in the championship having missed a round, Perez is 5th having missed two rounds.
Bit harsh. He has the team's best qualifying position, best race finish, and after his 3rd in Monza was sitting 4th in the WDC. Since then he's had 2 DNFs that were not his doing and a similarly unfortunate DNS. He's regularly matched Perez and his drive in Hungary was arguably the finest from an RP driver all season. The guy is more than just an adequate F1 driver to be fair to him, I can envisage race wins in good enough equipment, although a WDC is admittedly unlikely!
Old Yesterday, 21:28 (Ref:4011880)   #330
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It has to be remembered though that his most recent test at the time of the flight was negative. The positive test wasn't carried out until after the flight.
well thats the bad optics part for me...his prior test was before arriving which is different than having a negative result before traveling...all the more so because he was already showing symptoms before he got on the plane.

basically to me, this sounds like a guy who wanted to make sure he got back home before he risked getting back a positive test which thus allowed him to quarantine in what i can only imagine to be a very nice house and not a motorhome.

honestly, i would have done the same in his place, especially if i had my own plane, so i cant really be mad can i?

im probably a 2 or 3 on the mod flanders scale of outrage!