Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Oct 2020, 17:10 (Ref:4010437)   #196
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Do you think Chase Elliott could cut it in F1?
He has never raced in single seaters, so no, no chance
Old 13 Oct 2020, 18:00 (Ref:4010444)   #197
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Well, there you are then! Couldn't be a better qualification for an F1 driver.

No-one's said that's a qualification for F1, and indeed, it isn't one.

However, without seeing him in something like IndyCar or F2 for a couple of years, there's strictly no way of knowing if he'd be anywhere near good enough to be in F1.
Old 14 Oct 2020, 09:11 (Ref:4010555)   #198
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!
Since Perez was linked to it: in Indycar the 2nd ASPM seat has been taken by Rosenqvist who moves over from Ganassi.
(That's not so say they can't field a 3rd car of course)
Old 14 Oct 2020, 12:21 (Ref:4010607)   #199
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
Some bizarre rumours on gp.com suggesting Hulk would be alongside Max at RB; Albon and Tsunoda would be at AT; Gasly would replace Ocon at Enstone; Perez would replace Russell at Grove alongside Latifi.

That would leave Ocon and Russell out of a drive so only some of this makes any sense.
Old 14 Oct 2020, 14:49 (Ref:4010635)   #200
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Some bizarre rumours on gp.com suggesting Hulk would be alongside Max at RB; Albon and Tsunoda would be at AT; Gasly would replace Ocon at Enstone; Perez would replace Russell at Grove alongside Latifi.

That would leave Ocon and Russell out of a drive so only some of this makes any sense.
Seems to make sense for all the drivers mentioned (although for Perez it only makes sense if he's got an angle on Bottas' seat due to then being in the Mercedes 'stable').
Would be unfortunate for Ocon and Russell though, as Ocon is a bit of a warning for Russell about taking even a year out. Ocon's comeback hasn't been all that great.
Old 14 Oct 2020, 15:18 (Ref:4010643)   #201
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Only benefit I can see of Russell taking a year out is if Hamilton retires at the end of 2021, then Russell could end up Merc
Old 22 Oct 2020, 08:57 (Ref:4011930)   #202
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, its now confirmed that both Haas drivers will not be back with the team next season. Frankly, I'm surprised that it has taken the team this long to get rid of them.

Perez would appear to be a good fit - Perhaps alongside one of the up and coming Ferrari drivers - Schumacher?
Old 22 Oct 2020, 09:21 (Ref:4011936)   #203
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
So, its now confirmed that both Haas drivers will not be back with the team next season. Frankly, I'm surprised that it has taken the team this long to get rid of them.

Perez would appear to be a good fit - Perhaps alongside one of the up and coming Ferrari drivers - Schumacher?
There are strange rumours linking Checo to Williams with Russell making way! If that does happen, do Mercedes know something we don't?

Apparently Mazepin definitely has one of the Haas seats and Schumacher will take the other one, only if Alfa keep both current drivers. I would think that daft as Kimi and Gio are hardly tearing things up?

I don't think Haas would bee a good move for Mick Schu.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 13:20 (Ref:4011974)   #204
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Will be interesting now that the FIA have changed the Superlicence requirements due to the circumstances of this year

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...1-superlicence
Old 22 Oct 2020, 13:38 (Ref:4011979)   #205
Theunser
Racer

Theunser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sorry for K-Mag. I think he is underrated, I doubt either a Mazepin, an Ilott, or even a Mick Schumacher could do a better job than him.

On the other hand, if Perez goes to Williams, can't Russell go to Haas? I recall Steiner always appriciated him back in his F2 days.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 13:51 (Ref:4011980)   #206
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunser View Post
I feel sorry for K-Mag. I think he is underrated, I doubt either a Mazepin, an Ilott, or even a Mick Schumacher could do a better job than him.

On the other hand, if Perez goes to Williams, can't Russell go to Haas? I recall Steiner always appriciated him back in his F2 days.
Is George not officially a Mercedes contracted driver on loan to a Mercedes powered team? (No doubt for a reduced engine bill)

If so I cant see him fitting into Haas.
From what I hear Mazepin and Schu are all but a done deal, the release of Grosjean and KMag just the first instalment of the announcement.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 14:25 (Ref:4011986)   #207
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Is George not officially a Mercedes contracted driver on loan to a Mercedes powered team? (No doubt for a reduced engine bill)

If so I cant see him fitting into Haas.
From what I hear Mazepin and Schu are all but a done deal, the release of Grosjean and KMag just the first instalment of the announcement.
I agree Haas wouldn't announce exit of current drivers unless they have replacements lined up.

As to the musical chairs scenario mentioned by Chunter back on the 14th. That's a lot of movement, but of all, it seems odd for Russell to be left out (I hope he finds a seat if this is true). I suspect Latifi remains due to funding reasons and the new owners of Williams want a driver with significant and varied F1 experience in the car to evaluate ongoing development?

Richard
Old Yesterday, 11:22 (Ref:4012169)   #208
S griffin
Veteran

It would be a shame for Russell to lose his seat, although he would probably jump at the chance if it meant getting a better seat somewhere. His talent is there, but it would be wasted if he canít find a better seat before too long
Old Yesterday, 11:40 (Ref:4012181)   #209
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It would be a shame for Russell to lose his seat, although he would probably jump at the chance if it meant getting a better seat somewhere. His talent is there, but it would be wasted if he canít find a better seat before too long
Perhaps Lewis jacks it in and George does a Damon '93 style and gets the plum drive?

Unlikely, but you never know!
Old Yesterday, 11:44 (Ref:4012182)   #210
S griffin
Veteran

I could certainly see him doing that. I seem to recall too a certain Mika Hakkinen struggled with a midfield Lotus, before getting a drive with a top team in McLaren