Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Nov 2020, 18:37 (Ref:4017512)   #401
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Josh Cook is leaving Bert's squad.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 18:43 (Ref:4017514)   #402
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
...money or greener pastures or no idea?
Old 17 Nov 2020, 18:52 (Ref:4017515)   #403
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jelly to join WSR for 2021
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:05 (Ref:4017518)   #404
medius
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rick Parfitt Jr making big attempts to raise funds for a grid slot now
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:21 (Ref:4017520)   #405
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Skoda has the Scala and Octavia admittedly, Peugeot and Vauxhall have a few suitable models currently admittedly.

Honda have the Civic and that's it.

The only marques that are still offering a lot of types or body styles are the multi groups like VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat, PSA and Vauxhall etc. And that is mostly down to being built on the same platforms and mostly using the same parts bins.
I posted that I suspected Dynamics might be looking for a new manufacturer partner without saying why...

The why is I see Honda exiting out of Europe by the middle of the decade. Possibly totally, but if staying then only with a SUV offering. The sales on the Honda tank, the pensioner special Jazz and "oh so Oriental it alienates most" Civic are probably leaning to the exit of the market.

Mr & Mrs Pensioner will be swooned over by Toyota with a Euro built hybrid Corolla or Yaris. Or they'll mistake the Hyundai dealer for Honda both having a big H on the totem pole and be non the wiser. Ever.

The SUV buyer will wander into a more expensive but cheaper monthly deal due to depreciation being lower German offering.

The Civic buyer (all one of him) will find something suitable. The ubiquitous Golf. Or the Corolla. Or an adventurous looking Pug or Citroen.

Nobody, but nobody will give a **** about Honda's demise. See Rover as proof of this.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:24 (Ref:4017522)   #406
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Cammish, Cook and Shedden in a 3 car Dynamics team next year ?
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:27 (Ref:4017524)   #407
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
he won the lottery ?
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:27 (Ref:4017525)   #408
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
That would be the most awesome BTCC team in ages. Dear Santa...
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:29 (Ref:4017526)   #409
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
he won the lottery ?
He's doing well for himself. Maybe well enough to fund the difference between Parker running him and WSR running him. I reckon he'd be ahead of Oliphant by a decent margin.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4017527)   #410
porsche962fan
Veteran

has this been confirmed or just some rumor ?
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4017528)   #411
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think he'll be in one of their cars...

... and I don't think he'll be the only one.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:38 (Ref:4017532)   #412
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
he won the lottery ?
I reckon Jelson can afford it!
Old 17 Nov 2020, 19:44 (Ref:4017533)   #413
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I posted that I suspected Dynamics might be looking for a new manufacturer partner without saying why...

The why is I see Honda exiting out of Europe by the middle of the decade. Possibly totally, but if staying then only with a SUV offering. The sales on the Honda tank, the pensioner special Jazz and "oh so Oriental it alienates most" Civic are probably leaning to the exit of the market.

Mr & Mrs Pensioner will be swooned over by Toyota with a Euro built hybrid Corolla or Yaris. Or they'll mistake the Hyundai dealer for Honda both having a big H on the totem pole and be non the wiser. Ever.

The SUV buyer will wander into a more expensive but cheaper monthly deal due to depreciation being lower German offering.

The Civic buyer (all one of him) will find something suitable. The ubiquitous Golf. Or the Corolla. Or an adventurous looking Pug or Citroen.

Nobody, but nobody will give a **** about Honda's demise. See Rover as proof of this.
I can't say I'd agree with that assessment.

The 11th generation Civic reveal is tonight, it's coming to Europe in 2022, and over the past 8 years they've consistently sold 35-40 thousand Civics a year in Europe. The market share in that segment has been consistently at the 1.8-2% mark for over a decade.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 20:25 (Ref:4017537)   #414
medius
Veteran

England
Cook announcement on IG:

joshcook66
After 2 years with BTC Racing, it’s great to look back on all the Wins and Podiums, Pole position and fastest laps we’ve taken in the #66 car.

We’ve been in championship hunt, we’ve had sweet celebrations and bitter disappointment, but the #66 crew always stuck together and pushed through.

Who knows what the future holds, but a massive thanks to BTC Racing for giving me the equipment to deliver all of their Wins in the FK8 Honda, it’s been emotional ����

����������������
Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:12 (Ref:4017544)   #415
porsche962fan
Veteran

nothing of that says he leaves! beisdes where could he go ?
Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:29 (Ref:4017549)   #416
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I can't say I'd agree with that assessment.

The 11th generation Civic reveal is tonight, it's coming to Europe in 2022, and over the past 8 years they've consistently sold 35-40 thousand Civics a year in Europe. The market share in that segment has been consistently at the 1.8-2% mark for over a decade.
Coming to Europe but designed, engineered and built in Japan. Japanese tastes never translate to the European market. They killed the Accord when they tried it and they'll kill the Civic. That's what I reckon; guess we'll see...
Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:36 (Ref:4017551)   #417
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry, how did they kill the Accord?
Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:41 (Ref:4017552)   #418
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
MSV seem to be jumping the gun a bit on selling tickets for next years Btcc.

It's unlikely we get out of the current type of restrictions we are in before next winter as the earliest by the sounds of things, so I have a feeling it will be another year of not spectators for at least most of the series.
But even if MSV have to give refunds, Jonathan Palmer would rather have your £38 in his bank account over the winter.

If he can sell 2,500 tickets for each circuit that's not far off half a million pounds.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:48 (Ref:4017554)   #419
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
But even if MSV have to give refunds, Jonathan Palmer would rather have your £38 in his bank account over the winter.

If he can sell 2,500 tickets for each circuit that's not far off half a million pounds.
True enough.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:49 (Ref:4017555)   #420
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Nothing official announced, though I thought his post sounded that way.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:32 (Ref:4017564)   #421
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Sorry, how did they kill the Accord?
The Accord for several generations (the last being Gen 6 which ceased build late 2001/ early 2002 IIRC) was built in Swindon for the European market. A huge amount of the engineering work was done in Europe. Declared interest: I earned a few quid back in the day.

They switched to a Japan designed, engineered and built car for Gen 7. It was very obviously Japanese whereas the Gen 6 car minus badges looked and felt Germanic. Gen 7 also had a big price hike compared to Gen 6 - meaning it could no longer take Mondeo or Vectra sales as it was up there knocking on BMW 3 Series and Audi A4 money - but with a cheap nasty plasticy interior, more Aldi than Tesco. Gen 8 was a re-hash without learning the lessons of declining sales and the last few years on sale dealers tried desperately not to stock the things as they hung around gathering dust. I bought a new one with a 40% discount, and that was so easily haggled I ended up thinking I'd overpaid!

Obviously cars of that size were going out of fashion to be fair to Honda, so sales inevitably were trending downward but they screwed up royally. If you want to pinch other peoples customers (BMW was the target) you need to beat 'em on quality and or price. A miss. The thing they got right is premium will sell well as the Germans have being demonstrating for some time now. Thing is they can't get premium right. Need some Germans on the staff...
Old 17 Nov 2020, 23:06 (Ref:4017573)   #422
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
he won the lottery ?
He could(Well the family) probably buy WSR
Old 18 Nov 2020, 06:37 (Ref:4017597)   #423
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He could(Well the family) probably buy WSR
Hasn’t he been there before?
Old 18 Nov 2020, 10:01 (Ref:4017622)   #424
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Oh yes, but that was way back in the late noughties, back when he was more a front runner. Not like that anymore, although he still has his moments
Old 18 Nov 2020, 10:45 (Ref:4017629)   #425
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Off to TPC with Smiley?