Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Dec 2020, 16:26 (Ref:4022380)   #201
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now Gilbert £21,000.00 Bargain.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 16:38 (Ref:4022381)   #202
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Thanks Peter, I knew about the live link but don’t want to sit through hours of the auction. Just wanted to know if any of Mike’s cars had been sold yet and what prices they got.
Lairy Canary £75,000
Baby Bkue Miorgan £61000
Gilbert £21,000

The delta FF2000 I think was £17,000

Ducati £4400.

All lots now sold.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 16:49 (Ref:4022383)   #203
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Missed the RS2000, Lairy Canary £75,000

The RS2000 was £31.5K

Delta F2000 was £16K

Last lot, the Transporter was £5.9K

The auctioneer bought Lairy Canary, I think.

I found it quite emotional listening to how warmly the auctioneers talked about Mike......
Old 12 Dec 2020, 17:09 (Ref:4022386)   #204
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it was very emotional, CCA did a great job overall & Nick Whale bought Lairy.

Relieved & chuffed, I think Mike would have been pleased - RIP
Old 12 Dec 2020, 17:28 (Ref:4022387)   #205
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent result. Well done Cliff.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 17:32 (Ref:4022389)   #206
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Gilbert

I'm proud to announce that I'm the successful bidder for the Gilbern :-)
It's a joint venture with Iain and Mike's sister Mary and her partner also Dave.
We hope to be exercising it in the New Year, and Mary wants to do her ARDS test. We're really pleased that the family connection is continued... and Mike would be chuffed too.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 17:38 (Ref:4022391)   #207
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Excellent.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 17:46 (Ref:4022394)   #208
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
It's a joint venture with Iain and Mike's sister Mary and her partner also Dave.
We hope to be exercising it in the New Year, and Mary wants to do her ARDS test. We're really pleased that the family connection is continued... and Mike would be chuffed too.
Great news, Mike would have been chuffed 👍
Old 12 Dec 2020, 17:47 (Ref:4022395)   #209
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great news.

And a good result in general for the auction from the sound of it.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 17:59 (Ref:4022400)   #210
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

That's great news. Well done & good luck.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 18:09 (Ref:4022401)   #211
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Awesome news. Well done.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 18:14 (Ref:4022402)   #212
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Old 12 Dec 2020, 18:54 (Ref:4022408)   #213
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Great news David, well done! Mike wood uf bee glad! Cheers!
Old 12 Dec 2020, 19:07 (Ref:4022410)   #214
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
What a fantastic day . Me and Mrs Delta having a few days in Cornwall . Reading beat QPR away we are the blue and white hoops . I then get the message from MG David to say we won Gilbert . There is a lovely story as only by chance I spoke to Mary a few weeks back and she said that they would like Gilbert . Phew !!! It’s all worked well . Well done James and Cliff , I will admit I was worried about the auction but they have pulled it off for Mikes family . We will get Mary through the ARDS test do some track days and then hope she races . Maybe 2023/24 we will race in Spa 6 hour with the name M Bell still on the car .
Old 12 Dec 2020, 19:22 (Ref:4022415)   #215
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
...... I then get the message from MG David to say we won Gilbert . There is a lovely story as only by chance I spoke to Mary a few weeks back and she said that they would like Gilbert . Phew !!! It’s all worked well . Well done James and Cliff , I will admit I was worried about the auction but they have pulled it off for Mikes family . We will get Mary through the ARDS test do some track days and then hope she races . Maybe 2023/24 we will race in Spa 6 hour with the name M Bell still on the car .
I must have some dust in my eye!

(BTW, I removed the references to football after “my” team lost to one of our local rivals and I had to cheer myself up by doing my tax return!
At least Norwich won for Mike, too)
Old 12 Dec 2020, 19:41 (Ref:4022419)   #216
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Thanks Iain, I had the same thought, what a wonderful story to do the Spa Six Hour with Mary in Mike’s car
Old 12 Dec 2020, 20:07 (Ref:4022426)   #217
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Yes it was very emotional, CCA did a great job overall & Nick Whale bought Lairy.

Relieved & chuffed, I think Mike would have been pleased - RIP
I feel you are being far too modest Cliff, about the part you played in organising and consigning Mike's collection to exactly the right auction at the right time.

In my opinion Jonathan and especially Nick Whale at CCA/Silverstone did a great job on the podium, presenting all the cars well and showing a genuine affection and respect for Mike and good knowledge of his achievements.

I thought that Canary and the Mog made very fair/good money, but was a bit disappointed about what the Gilbern made, UNTIL I read MGDavid's post, and then I was more than dead chuffed! Well bloody done to all involved! And I'm pretty sure all three cars will stay on the circuits, where Mike would want them to be.

Overall. a pretty good day.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 20:11 (Ref:4022427)   #218
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just dding my hope and wish to see the Gilbern at Spa with M Bell on it. Great to see some of the collection stay within Mikes Family and Friends.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 20:21 (Ref:4022432)   #219
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, we now know that Lairy and Gilbert have both gone to good homes, excellent in the case of Gilbert, and hopefully the same applies to Baby Blue and the other cars.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 20:36 (Ref:4022443)   #220
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdeleted View Post
I feel you are being far too modest Cliff, about the part you played in organising and consigning Mike's collection to exactly the right auction at the right time.

In my opinion Jonathan and especially Nick Whale at CCA/Silverstone did a great job on the podium, presenting all the cars well and showing a genuine affection and respect for Mike and good knowledge of his achievements.

I thought that Canary and the Mog made very fair/good money, but was a bit disappointed about what the Gilbern made, UNTIL I read MGDavid's post, and then I was more than dead chuffed! Well bloody done to all involved! And I'm pretty sure all three cars will stay on the circuits, where Mike would want them to be.

Overall. a pretty good day.
Thanks JC, it wasn’t just me, it was a joint effort which I really wish hadn’t been necessary.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 21:00 (Ref:4022450)   #221
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fantastic news! Can't wait to see you all in it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Dec 2020, 21:01 (Ref:4022451)   #222
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BTW my calendar arrived today. Mrs MM and Mini MM were well impressed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Dec 2020, 21:12 (Ref:4022452)   #223
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Brilliant news!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 13 Dec 2020, 05:21 (Ref:4022512)   #224
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

The closing shot from the live auction feed
Attached Thumbnails
16E82133-A38A-4A24-97AD-519BB1C5B0A8.jpeg  
Old 13 Dec 2020, 09:24 (Ref:4022532)   #225
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't believe that I have seen mention of Mike's cherished transporter and rig. What happened to it?