Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Jul 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3278753)   #2176
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I went to mulsannescorner and found nothing newer than June. Can you provide a link please?
It was a tweet
Old 17 Jul 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3278755)   #2177
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds to me to be a bit like the Oreca/Toyota relationship?
Old 17 Jul 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3278757)   #2178
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Sounds to me to be a bit like the Oreca/Toyota relationship?
Which is a bit like Audi Joest who Audi took from .... Porsche
Old 17 Jul 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3278761)   #2179
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Event though they've already killed P1, I'm sure USCR is kicking themselves at missing out on having Penske in their series.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3278770)   #2180
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Mike Fuller reporting that Penske has in fact signed deal to run P1 Porsche - " Penske HAS signed deal to run Porsche LMP1; BUT, crew is openly being solicited for operations...in Germany. Seems then WEC 4 Penske/Porsche" - Mike Fuller
Understand the underlying importance here isn't the Penske/Porsche connection, my tweet isn't necessarily confirmation of that, but that a team is being set up by Penske to be run out of Germany (so I'm told: current Penske employees are being solicited for this team with the stipulation that they live in Germany). THAT's the important fact here, thus seemingly rubbishing the hopes that we'd see a Porsche LMP1 run over here either in USCR (somehow) or in this supposed break away series.

Yes, there's a leap of faith to an extent here: the team could simply be heading to Germany to assemble their cars. But that was addressed inasmuch as there was little indication this would be temporary (a few weeks). It was said as though it would be a permanent transfer (the length of the program). But note, there's been no denial about WHY Penske personnel would be heading to Germany (though at this rate I do fully expect a Porsche PR press release or direct email denying everything I've stated above...).

So don't go looking for the Penske/Porsche press releases, those aren't out yet, and probably won't be till the end of the season. But Penske IS setting up a team to run a Porsche LMP1 out of Germany. Plus there is one other tidbit I'm sitting on for now that reinforces the active Penske/Porsche connection.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3278771)   #2181
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Simple question: does that mean there's a highly significant chance of running into Roger Penske himself in the Le Mans paddock next year?
Old 17 Jul 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3278777)   #2182
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Understand the underlying importance here isn't the Penske/Porsche connection, my tweet isn't necessarily confirmation of that, but that a team is being set up by Penske to be run out of Germany (so I'm told: current Penske employees are being solicited for this team with the stipulation that they live in Germany). THAT's the important fact here, thus seemingly rubbishing the hopes that we'd see a Porsche LMP1 run over here either in USCR (somehow) or in this supposed break away series.

Yes, there's a leap of faith to an extent here: the team could simply be heading to Germany to assemble their cars. But that was addressed inasmuch as there was little indication this would be temporary (a few weeks). It was said as though it would be a permanent transfer (the length of the program). But note, there's been no denial about WHY Penske personnel would be heading to Germany (though at this rate I do fully expect a Porsche PR press release or direct email denying everything I've stated above...).

So don't go looking for the Penske/Porsche press releases, those aren't out yet, and probably won't be till the end of the season. But Penske IS setting up a team to run a Porsche LMP1 out of Germany. Plus there is one other tidbit I'm sitting on for now that reinforces the active Penske/Porsche connection.
Thanks Mike - I wonder if the "length of stay" in Germany has something to do with learning the new and rather complex hybrid technology that will no doubt be abundant in the car.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3278784)   #2183
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But, but, but......it didn't come as a breaking news tweet, powered by mountain dew, from Dagys...

Hahahahahaha.....thanks mike for "confirming" everything. Is the Porsche factory using Penske like Manthey? My bet is firmly hedged on yes.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 17 Jul 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3278787)   #2184
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
But, but, but......it didn't come as a breaking news tweet, powered by mountain dew, from Dagys...

Hahahahahaha.....thanks mike for "confirming" everything. Is the Porsche factory using Penske like Manthey? My bet is firmly hedged on yes.
Rumors here in Charlotte don't address that beyond which what I've relayed.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3278792)   #2185
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am finding it much harder to care about the USCR, especially if there at Penske Porsches in the WEC next year!
Old 17 Jul 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3278808)   #2186
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
I am finding it much harder to care about the USCR, especially if there at Penske Porsches in the WEC next year!
Penske with Porsche to the WEC will actually give me something to root for next year, and a reason to follow the series round to round. Something that even a factory Porsche GTE effort hasn't mustered this year.

Chris
Old 17 Jul 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3278820)   #2187
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Wonder if Belle Isle could become an extra WEC round as a result of this? With the plethora of tracks available with the 'merged' USRC series, I haven't seen BI mentioned. With Roger 'Mr. Detroit' Penske having so much influence in Motown, I think I would rather travel 10 hours to Detroit to see the WEC cars there rather than travel one hour to RA to see the cars of the USRC series.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3278825)   #2188
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Rather Road America be a WEC round
Old 17 Jul 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3278828)   #2189
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Penske setting up a shop in Germany can be a potential bombshell for the German auto racing scene. I may be dreaming, but it'd be cool to see the Captain at the pit wall in the DTM.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3278830)   #2190
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Penske setting up a shop in Germany can be a potential bombshell for the German auto racing scene. I may be dreaming, but it'd be cool to see the Captain at the pit wall in the DTM.
Rumours are that DTM might come to the States, so this "shop" could also administrate and learn the cars before they make an entry in USA.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3278863)   #2191
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Rumours are that DTM might come to the States, so this "shop" could also administrate and learn the cars before they make an entry in USA.
Isn't that on hold untIl 2015 at least now?

Penske Porsche. Yes please
Old 17 Jul 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3278866)   #2192
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz21 x View Post

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ed-until-2017/
Old 17 Jul 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3278877)   #2193
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz21 x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
If the team is set up for 2014, finds good people and gets the department running. Penske might buy:run a DTM team for a couple of years so he has a team who can performe straight out of the box is USA.
If DTM in USA materialize, then Audi will be their with an expirenced crew. Therefor if Penske wants to win, he needs expirence too.
This is of course speculation, and becoming off topic.
However, I do think Penske can find multiple purposes and benefits from a European department.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3278913)   #2194
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What I heard is that Penske is going to race WEC with the 2014 Porsche P1 and take it to the factories!

And knowing Penske he will improve it and the Factory team will be buying parts from him.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3278926)   #2195
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
What I heard is that Penske is going to race WEC with the 2014 Porsche P1 and take it to the factories!

And knowing Penske he will improve it and the Factory team will be buying parts from him.
Does a Penske Porsche even count as a privateer? LOL
Old 18 Jul 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3278955)   #2196
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Looked at this link and there is a side gallery with photos of the #3 and #4 Corvette DP's sitting on the grid. Are those real headlights or pasties? They sure don't look real but...
Old 18 Jul 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3278957)   #2197
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:

He's known as a Fox for a reason! I admire Penske for his business acumen and his skill as a strategist and engineer. He's got one more feather to put in his cap and Le Mans is it. I'm hoping he gets that feather.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 01:14 (Ref:3278961)   #2198
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe the engine is a Porsche badged Ilmor?

And there is your Penske connection.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 02:36 (Ref:3278972)   #2199
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Unless I am crazy mistaken, Penske is the factory team, as Joest is for Audi.

Whether the Porsche will be available to private teams is the next question.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 05:02 (Ref:3278983)   #2200
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:

If thats the case then I wonder who is paying the bills?