Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Apr 2021, 07:57 (Ref:4045392)   #1301
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I am not sure who we are looking for here, El Chueco and the 'Bull' are far to obvious so are we after the other two gentlemen?

The lady is also easy to ID, a familiar figure back in the day.
I think (at least the first part) of Gerrry Mo's post was referring to the post where I was still trying to solve the 'why George Abecassis was not at Le Mans in 1952' despite being entered.... his crash and arm injury at the Swiss GP 3 weeks earlier I thought might have been a potential reason.

As for the Gentlemen in the picture my powers of recognition of the back of peoples heads are admittedly poor. Same with partial pictures of ladies with sunglasses on.... I have thoughts on the two facing but im admittedly out of my depth. Cars are more my forte.

So I shall happily sit back and learn from my senior colleagues.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 08:16 (Ref:4045393)   #1302
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 2 facing us and the lady have been identified, who is on the left?
Old 10 Apr 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4045394)   #1303
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Same with partial pictures of ladies with sunglasses on....
Ha bon? Je suis déçu… May be because on usual they remove their sunglasses? A clue? # 5 de Chanel for the perfume and Luigi d'Amoroso for the scarf…
Old 10 Apr 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4045396)   #1304
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think that we have had the answer to where the picture of the pits in the UK was, that I think that I mistakenly thought were Brands. Having looked at it again, I saw the truck parked up at the back of the pits, and I don't think that that was possible before the new, current pits were built.

And I am guessing that I have no idea where this latest one is, either.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 08:55 (Ref:4045397)   #1305
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
For the last one, Lodge plugs and Castrol ads suggest England but where…
Old 10 Apr 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4045398)   #1306
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't think that we have had the answer to where the picture of the pits in the UK was, that I think that I mistakenly thought were Brands. Having looked at it again, I saw the truck parked up at the back of the pits, and I don't think that that was possible before the new, current pits were built.

And I am guessing that I have no idea where this latest one is, either.
None of the people pictured would have ever gone to Brands, the brick pits should help date the picture as I remember they were changed from wood to brick at some time in the fifties, at Silverstone where the picture was taken.

The two main characters are as familiar to us OAP's as Hamilton or Vettel to today's kids.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4045402)   #1307
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
None of the people pictured would have ever gone to Brands, the brick pits should help date the picture as I remember they were changed from wood to brick at some time in the fifties, at Silverstone where the picture was taken.

The two main characters are as familiar to us OAP's as Hamilton or Vettel to today's kids.

But you have to remember that some of us are mere spring chickens when compared to you.

In fact the faces do look familiar, but I couldn't possibly put names to them.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 09:20 (Ref:4045403)   #1308
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
We founded a Club you know. Please, join!
Old 10 Apr 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4045406)   #1309
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But you have to remember that some of us are mere spring chickens when compared to you.

This is where my mind is. One of those 'do I know you moments' when you meet a familiar face you cant name.
But I am one of those younger (more recent OAP) spring chicken types. Albeit without much of the spring these days!
Old 10 Apr 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4045411)   #1310
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
One of those 'do I know you moments' when you meet a familiar face you cant name.
Fais comme moi, Dave, tu l'appelles "chérie" ça marche ?* tous les coups!
Old 10 Apr 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4045413)   #1311
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
This is where my mind is. One of those 'do I know you moments' when you meet a familiar face you cant name.
But I am one of those younger (more recent OAP) spring chicken types. Albeit without much of the spring these days!

I readily admit that I am dreadful with names, especially if they are not where I expect them! I know, that sounds really weird. What I mean is that if I know someone from a certain place, such as a certain address whether that be home, office, garage or whatever, then I can usually recall their name and usually all their family details. However, if I saw them out on the street or in a shop, I would look at them and struggle to remember their name.

When I was married, it used to really annoy my wife when we were out shopping, usually in our village, and these "strangers", most often female and definitely nearly always rather attractive, would call out from across the road "Hi, Mike", and I would tell my wife that I didn't have a clue who they were. And at the time I was being totally honest; the faces may have looked familiar, but I couldn't have put a name to them.

After I divorced, it actually got worse because I then started my financial services business, and when I sold out I probably had over 2,000 personal clients, pretty well all of whom I had had met in person. Some lived near me, and when out with my partner, we would often come across some of these clients, and they would nearly always greet me. Luckily, my partner actually worked for me, and she was great with names and faces, and she would try to whisper in my ear who the hell they were.

Yet I have a fairly good memory, and if the client's name was mentioned, or they called me on the phone at the office, I would usually be able to instantly recall pretty well all their details without having to refer to their files. I suppose it's just the way that we are all wired.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4045415)   #1312
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, you made my day! Never ever I could think about so many bad excuses. Thank you, have some more in stock now!

I suppose it's just the way that we are all wired. Hé ben voyons, c'est certain!

Last edited by Gerard C; 10 Apr 2021 at 11:13.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4045438)   #1313
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"The bride asked her husband; "Am I the first woman you have ever made love to?"

Husband' "You very well could be, your face is certainly familiar."

Ring any bells Mike?
Old 10 Apr 2021, 14:16 (Ref:4045447)   #1314
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
"The bride asked her husband; "Am I the first woman you have ever made love to?"

Husband' "You very well could be, your face is certainly familiar."

Ring any bells Mike?

Good heavens, it does remind me of my wedding night!

I say that my partner was good with faces, however, one evening she failed completely and she got the hump with me.

We had gone up to Hampstead for the evening as she liked the atmosphere. We started, as usual, at the pub where I used to work in the evenings, and it being the one glorious summer evening we get once a year, we decided we would sit outside. Unfortunately, the only seats available were at a table occupied by a youngish couple. I went up to them, and asked if they minded if we sat at the table with them, and they were more than happy for us to do so.

I recognised the female as someone I knew faintly, but she didn't seem to know me and I didn't say anything. Anyway, I left my partner outside, and went in and got our drinks and returned outside to sit with her. After about half an hour, we decided to go on our way to the next establishment, and when we were well out of earshot, I said to my partner @You do know who you were sitting with, back there', to which she said, 'No, no idea'.

'Well', said I, feeling a little smug that I recognised someone that she didn't for a change, 'that was Sporty Spice, Melanie Chisholm.' Oh boy, was she miffed. However, I wasn't surprised that Mel C was there because at that time she lived almost across the road in the next flat to Emma Bunton who was one of my firm's clients - not mine, although I had met her a couple of times to provide some advise.
Old 11 Apr 2021, 06:19 (Ref:4045498)   #1315
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The forum stops few minutes and guess what, Bob takes advantage of this to yell at me about the picture above! A real handbag battle!
You, fussy !!!
Old 11 Apr 2021, 07:23 (Ref:4045508)   #1316
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The names to the faces in the last picture were, from left to right, Emmanuele (Toullo) de Graffenreid, ?, Andreina Berruet, Fangio & Froilan Gonzales.
Old 11 Apr 2021, 10:00 (Ref:4045523)   #1317
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
The names to the faces in the last picture were, from left to right, Emmanuele (Toullo) de Graffenreid, ?, Andreina Berruet, Fangio & Froilan Gonzales.
Well, my hunch on the two facing the camera was right, (Fangio and Gonzales) but I would not have known the others even if they were facing the camera.
Old 11 Apr 2021, 11:58 (Ref:4045546)   #1318
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Its easier when they are in racing suits with their names embroiled…
Old 11 Apr 2021, 12:39 (Ref:4045553)   #1319
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Here is a picture of a driver in a race suit of the day, any idea who it is?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sketch304.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	68058
Old 11 Apr 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4045560)   #1320
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Attachment 68058
I don't know who the driver is but isn't that Bauble standing next to him with the cap on?
Old 11 Apr 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4045563)   #1321
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I don't know who the driver is but isn't that Bauble standing next to him with the cap on?
If it was Bauble would be about 140 today!
Old 11 Apr 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4045564)   #1322
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

Attachment 68058
Peice of cake RB. There are some hefty clues in the picture.

NB; Viva! Wrong again, that's my youngest son!!!
Old 11 Apr 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4045572)   #1323
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post

Yes, I think it is. The driver looks like he's about to ask him for a light.
Old 11 Apr 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4045573)   #1324
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I thought it would be quite difficult. It just shows how driver safety & pit lane diclipline (smoking) has changed. Not surprising to find he died later in the year.
Old 11 Apr 2021, 13:46 (Ref:4045574)   #1325
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Yes, I think it is. The driver looks like he's about to ask him for a light.
"Ah've yoo gotta loit buoy?"

Who sang that? Maybe with your sad lack of motor sport history, you may fare better with pop music.