Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jul 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4060832)   #1601
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If it was wet enough to stop the race in those days, then it really was too wet. Good driver that Schell, bit underrated, but definitely put in some great drives. Would have been interesting to see what more he could have done if he hadn't been killed, but that's true of quite a few drivers of that era
Old 12 Jul 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4060838)   #1602
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow - and I thought this was bad…

Click image for larger version

Name:	9C8EAAE9-800B-48AC-9FB7-15E4D2B60051.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	69596
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Jul 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4061255)   #1603
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Don’t see many wet races at Ricard to be fair
Old 17 Jul 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4061361)   #1604
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Having done several enduro there, I can attest that the mix Mistral wind, heavy rain and fog to be crossed to the knife is absolutely incomparable! When using the full straight layout, you've better be careful in the small hours when the dam Mistral blows through the trees… From left to right in a blink, not using the steering!
Old 26 Jul 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4063315)   #1605
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A brain teaser for the keen historian.each of these cars (marques) has a significant place in motor sport. history Can you name what particular facet of the cars history make it special? Usual rules apply, no blurting out the answer, let everyone suffer.

This should be easy for RBS, EB GC etc.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0489.JPG   IMG_4779.JPG   IMG_3375.JPG  

JPEG Image (38620).jpg   maxresdefault.jpg  
Old 27 Jul 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4063384)   #1606
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A gallant attempt by Morninggents, he has been sent back to school though.
First reply, well done MG.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4063410)   #1607
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that's me as a new member of the stupido club.

Think I have two of the answers now.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4063440)   #1608
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Well that's me as a new member of the stupido club.
Your card is ready to be sent to you, just send a picture wearing a proper hat!
Old 27 Jul 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4063442)   #1609
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Your card is ready to be sent to you, just send a picture wearing a proper hat!
Mag 7's #60
Old 27 Jul 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4063446)   #1610
bauble
Veteran

England
Card is on its way....
Attached Thumbnails
R.jpg  
Old 27 Jul 2021, 17:50 (Ref:4063449)   #1611
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
RB, it seems as though if the picture does not include Lewisham 'ilton, you are pretty much wasting you time. Too many young kids on the site to expect any answers.
Is this Mr 'ilton a racing friend of Nicky Tamazepam?
Old 27 Jul 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4063451)   #1612
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
I hope you have a number of those hats Bob, I am just about to submit my best/worst guesses!
Mag 7's #60
Old 27 Jul 2021, 19:12 (Ref:4063462)   #1613
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
I hope you have a number of those hats Bob, I am just about to submit my best/worst guesses!
Best attempt so far 356. Don't order that hat just yet.

To all. The answers are not based on technical detail but significant events.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4063637)   #1614
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
I hope you have a number of those hats Bob
What do you think he wears on race weekends? His look better they have… jingles!

In order to improve my British english language, when a hat is used should I say "second hand" or "second head"? Asking for a friend…
Old 29 Jul 2021, 07:04 (Ref:4063706)   #1615
bauble
Veteran

England
No one had all the answers right, Mike Crow did well with three, so to put you out of your misery'

1) Cooper; The first rear engined car to win a Grand Prix (WC)

2) Connaught (not Vanwall), first British car to win a continental GP against works Maseratis.

3) D-Type involved in the disaster at Le Mans in 1955

4) 158 Alfa Romeo 1st car to win a WC GP Silverstone 1950.

5) Yardley BRM set a record for the fastest GP even run. Av. 150.755mph Monza 1971. Not broken until Monza 2003. Schumacher Ferrari 153.843 in shortened race also the shortest race ever.

Thanks to all who had a go!
Old 29 Jul 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4063731)   #1616
bauble
Veteran

England
Who links all of these cars that raced in the Formula 1 Grands Prix, except for one. Which one is that?

1) HWM*

2) Cooper

3) ERA*

4) Maserati

5) Mercedes

6) Vanwall

7) BRM

8) Lotus

9) Ferguson*

Why do the * cars differ from the rest?

Three answers required

a) Who

b) Odd one out

c) Why * cars differ.

No technical information needed for all answers.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
742.JPG   Revival Friday 001 (160).jpg  
Old 29 Jul 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4063780)   #1617
bauble
Veteran

England
Two replies so far, both partially correct, but fooled by a 'sneaky trick' in the first question regarding the link between all of the cars. A study of past picture puzzles would solve that aspect. Scan RBS contributions.

Baub.
Old 29 Jul 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4063855)   #1618
bauble
Veteran

England
OK! Who links all the cars?

When you know who, the next two answers might be easier.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4064043)   #1619
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I don't have anything like the in depth knowledge of you guys but time I joined in I think.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 20:26 (Ref:4064048)   #1620
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Well I don't have anything like the in depth knowledge of you guys but time I joined in I think.
Why not? You can only make a fool of yourself
Old 30 Jul 2021, 20:50 (Ref:4064052)   #1621
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That won't be difficult, been practising for 70+ years!
Old 30 Jul 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4064056)   #1622
bauble
Veteran

England
Complete reply from GaryC, he even put me right on a point about the Ferguson.

JustRacing has had some success, as has Peter M, 356, and Mike Crow.

Not as easy as I thought obviously.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 08:11 (Ref:4064394)   #1623
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Your card is ready, welcome to The Club!
Old 1 Aug 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4064416)   #1624
bauble
Veteran

England
Something easy; Who do you associate with these marques.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6521.JPG   IMG_1962.JPG   JPEG Image (26182).jpg  

Spring Start 08 010.JPG   See Red 07 163 (2).JPG  
Old 1 Aug 2021, 20:43 (Ref:4064689)   #1625
bauble
Veteran

England
Too easy for RBS, and, I am sure for several other here.