Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Dec 2020, 09:44 (Ref:4020551)   #51
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think HSCC Silverstone is the following weekend?
Old 4 Dec 2020, 11:07 (Ref:4020563)   #52
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Last thing venues and competitors need is loads of clashes next year surely?

Scheduling needs to be as simple as possible for everyone after all the disruption this year.

Having 2 or more big historic meetings on the same weekend will dilute things.

I don't suppose organisers will get their heads together and combine certain meetings so that more benefit is there?
Old 8 Dec 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4021554)   #53
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Last thing venues and competitors need is loads of clashes next year surely?

Scheduling needs to be as simple as possible for everyone after all the disruption this year.

Having 2 or more big historic meetings on the same weekend will dilute things.

I don't suppose organisers will get their heads together and combine certain meetings so that more benefit is there?
Do not want to worry you but France still seem to be in trouble, Today I have received an e mail that The Paris Airshow in June has been cancelled for 2021.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 11:45 (Ref:4021556)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, that's been a point of discussion in the Le Mans thread, but it may be financial rather than Covid per se. The air industry has been severely impacted.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4021828)   #55
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the consensus on the VSCC Pomeroy Trophy taking place on Feb 14th at Silverstone?
Old 12 Dec 2020, 11:42 (Ref:4022328)   #56
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Deleted
Old 12 Dec 2020, 20:19 (Ref:4022431)   #57
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have competed in it and marshalled at it. More fun for competitors than spectators. I suspect that it will take place without spectators and normal distancing/masking for everyone else.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 23:30 (Ref:4022479)   #58
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
I have competed in it and marshalled at it. More fun for competitors than spectators. I suspect that it will take place without spectators and normal distancing/masking for everyone else.
I have done it many times - I did look up the date planned on the Silverstone site and there is running event scheduled for that day
Old 4 Jan 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4026667)   #59
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The dates for the 2021 Swedish Historic races are now published:

May 22-23: Kinnekulle Ring
June 19-20: Gelleråsen, Karlskoga
July 3-4: Ring Knutstorp
August 21-22: Mantorp Park
September 18-19: Falkenberg

Open to all Appendix K cars with either an HTP or a national VIF of similar contents as an HTP (check with the organisers first to see if you national VIF will be accepted).
Old 6 Jan 2021, 08:25 (Ref:4027099)   #60
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Peter already added Copenhagen HGP to the calendar, 6/8 Aug, more info here:
https://www.chgp.dk/?lang=en
No place like Tivoli Garden…
Old 23 Jan 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4030800)   #61
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Le Tour Auto Optic 2000 year 2021, 19/24 April, from Paris to Nice, will visit four tracks: Dijon-Prenois, Bresse, Ledenon and Paul Ricard. VoilÃ*, ça c'est fait.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 11:44 (Ref:4035849)   #62
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
PA new meeting, Nogaro 23/25 Juillet

This could be the best news of the week, for many competitors. Peter Auto announced a new meeting to be held in Nogaro, south west of France.
Nogaro Historic 23/25 July.

I'm not on commission but I do recommend this track, really interesting, my favorite in fact. We've been talking about with Iain and Mike a while ago, when Iain was practicing at Pau Arnos before racing at Pau Ville.

If you thing about going there, take care, there are really few convenient hotels around. In principle, this area is known for its rich food. Goose liver and so on. https://www.circuit-nogaro.com/fr/

If Peter wants to make this addition to the calendar, feel free. Will, Iain, may be this time I can buy a beer or a coffee!
Old 19 Feb 2021, 11:49 (Ref:4035851)   #63
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Better still, come to Croix-en-Ternois for the Trophee Historique on 10/11 July! You will be assured of a warm welcome.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4035859)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Gerry Mo.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4035886)   #65
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My pleasure, Monsieur Mallett. Merci.

Yes John, a very warm welcome is guaranteed and its a place you can go with no hassle coming from Calais. Buuut, the track suits more to a kart than a race car.
As to the welcome, Nogaro is in no way comparable (I didn't say horrible!) but when Peter Auto people take the lead everything goes right.
Hope 356 agrees upon that. I dont remember how many cars Nogaro can accept during a race or Q, have to check.
Old 20 Feb 2021, 17:54 (Ref:4036064)   #66
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
This could be the best news of the week, for many competitors. Peter Auto announced a new meeting to be held in Nogaro, south west of France.
Nogaro Historic 23/25 July.

I'm not on commission but I do recommend this track, really interesting, my favorite in fact. We've been talking about with Iain and Mike a while ago, when Iain was practicing at Pau Arnos before racing at Pau Ville.

If you thing about going there, take care, there are really few convenient hotels around. In principle, this area is known for its rich food. Goose liver and so on. https://www.circuit-nogaro.com/fr/

If Peter wants to make this addition to the calendar, feel free. Will, Iain, may be this time I can buy a beer or a coffee!
T tested at Nogaro on my way from Monaco to Pau. We had a brilliant time. It was very wet.Fingers crossed then we will be able to go again.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4036174)   #67
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If the HC conditions are OK, I wish you will Iain. Nogaro offers an enjoyable mix for brave and skilled drivers. Easy to achieve a good lap time but when it comes to chase the last 2,5 seconds, its an other story. Ledenon, near Nimes, is good too many changes of level and used anti-clockwise.

Last edited by Gerard C; 21 Feb 2021 at 12:47.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4036424)   #68
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
So England restart form 29 March?

"Motorsport UK is pleased to announce that organised Permitted motorsport can resume in England with effect from 29 March, subject to local restrictions and in accordance with its own Restart Guidance.

This confirmation follows the announcement on 22 February by Prime Minister Boris Johnson that the third lockdown imposed on 4 January will be lifted, and formally organised outdoor sports – for adults and under 18s – can also restart but should be compliant with guidance issued by national governing bodies.

As the applicable governing body for the sport, Motorsport UK will now begin granting Permits for all disciplines, and applications are invited in the usual way.

Motorsport UK will resume the sport in accordance with its Restart protocols, which have guided the safe resumption of motorsport through the lifting of the two previous lockdowns. Updated guidance relevant to the latest restart will be available on MotorsportUK.org in due course.

Motorsport UK guidance in relation to Exemptions and Elite Sport still applies.

The governing body acknowledges the target of late spring for allowing spectators on a limited basis and will follow those developments in order to keep its stakeholders informed.

Motorsport activities in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Channel Islands are subject to prevailing government guidance in those devolved territories and we look forward to announcing updates relevant to those nations in due course. The Isle of Man is not subject to a lockdown at this time."

I've put my entry in for Oulton on April 10, but still a bit sceptical as guidance still seems to be "stay local" at that time. We'll see.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 19:01 (Ref:4036492)   #69
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Better still, come to Croix-en-Ternois for the Trophee Historique on 10/11 July! You will be assured of a warm welcome.
I looked on the website but no info/details ??? (PM or email me if you have any please )
Old 23 Feb 2021, 20:42 (Ref:4036504)   #70
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I looked on the website but no info/details ??? (PM or email me if you have any please )
There is some limited information if you click on the date on the calendar. At the moment it is saying: Formula Ford
Challenge ASAV
Trophee Lotus (Lotus/Caterham Sevens)
English Ford Racing
Historic F3
Old 24 Feb 2021, 06:13 (Ref:4036553)   #71
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Pfff I dunno what in the words "stay safe at home and avoid France at any price" is not clear.

But OK, its obvious john and I can supply help, Joe. Mainly, there are three organizers. HVM is officially licensed to operate the F championship. Under certain conditions, one can have a meeting officially held but won't count for the championship. This, you dont care.

You're ringing at the right door with Croix, because John can be rated between local and native, its where my roots are and I'm in contact with Asavé Paris on a daily basis. He's an old bloke and a neighbor too.

What kind of car would you like to enter? How many in total? Requirements in terms of accommodation? Do you carry high rate final ratios with you?
Asavé Paris here: http://www.challenge-gt-tourisme.eu/...en-Ternois,275 Responsible is Alain Goupy, he thinks he can speak english but at least he tries!
Old 24 Feb 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4036558)   #72
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Gerard, when I first started racing Croix was virtually an annual event, the HSCC and Top Hat used to go there, although I never did, then Chimay and Spa, Croix got dropped, then Chimay, and now Spa is too much for most.

TBH I've no idea if I'll do anything yet this year, but i have a mK1 Cortina GT (FiA) with a 4.7. Diff. and its closer to home in many respects than most UK circuits.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4036600)   #73
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK, fine Joe. Your CWP should be good for Croix, its a short track. No doubt your Cortina will be accepted amongst the Asavé which has two grids. Even if you're not sure, just ask and John and I will supply all the necessary information. For you and friends.
You must remember what is "ficelle picarde" and "flammekuche" I guess?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4036647)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
With the route map published, I received an e mail from Goodwood re the MM. Expect a calendar change shortly.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4036658)   #75
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Le Tour Auto Optic 2000 year 2021
Now delayed, from 30 Aug to 4 Sept. Go figure…