Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Jan 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4030810)   #301
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
What's the traditional food eaten at the Rolex 24? Failing that, Florida?

With England in a lockdown, me and my girlfriend are planning to make a big deal of it.
Bath salts, followed by a person's face. Celebrating Florida racing you should channel your inner Florida Man.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 13:06 (Ref:4030815)   #302
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Bath salts, followed by a person's face. Celebrating Florida racing you should channel your inner Florida Man.
Be sure to sprinkle a little crank in it, too then!
Old 23 Jan 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4030817)   #303
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm gonna get me some American style Hot Dogs for the 24.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4030825)   #304
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Steam your buns!
Old 23 Jan 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4030837)   #305
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Looking at the schedule, what session will set the grid for the "race that set's the grid for the 24" ? Also, is it all classes or just DPI & GTLM ? All I see on schedule is Q sessions for P2, P3 & GTD. I've got the beers in, and a couple steaks, ready to start 2021 Sportscar viewing and hoping this year isn't as foooked up as last year !! Stay cool everyone.
For the rest of 2021, the Q-sessions could look like this, although I don't know if IMSA has announced anything certain. 15 minutes each as usual.

1. GTD silver/bronze for starting grid
2. GTLM + GTD pro for points (not convinced every team on a race week will elect to do this, especially as season goes on as less are in contention for championship)
3. LMP3 bronze only
4. DPI + LMP2 P2 is bronze only too...I think

For the start of races, IMSA if they were smart would line the LMP3 cars behind the GTLMs. But sometimes they don't make the best of decisions to execute even though the concepts are good. I think not splitting the 24 hours of Daytona Q-race between proto and is a mistake.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4030838)   #306
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
As an american who has never knowingly sought out american style hot dogs, can you describe what this entails? Are we talking ballpark Frank brand or is this a topping combo?
Old 23 Jan 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4030845)   #307
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
As an american who has never knowingly sought out american style hot dogs, can you describe what this entails? Are we talking ballpark Frank brand or is this a topping combo?
To me, this is an American style hot dog.

We do have these in the UK. There is no reason for me to think these are mostly American. But to me, these are American.

For American events, are there any other foods I should try?
Old 23 Jan 2021, 19:34 (Ref:4030848)   #308
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
To me, this is an American style hot dog.

We do have these in the UK. There is no reason for me to think these are mostly American. But to me, these are American.

For American events, are there any other foods I should try?
I think technically those are German, they were just made popular in the States.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4030850)   #309
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I was seeing a German girl for a while and she laughed at me for thinking they were German. She said they are German but eaten ironically more than anything else

This could be my thing for 2021. Eating the food of the country that is hosting the event I'm watching. Hot Dogs for Daytona. Can anyone recommend something else for Sebring?
Old 23 Jan 2021, 20:19 (Ref:4030851)   #310
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
When you think of sausage and sausage-like items, you do think Germany. But it's like with hamburger. It was named after the German city, but actually has little to do with it. And don't ask me where breakfast sausage fits in here.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4030854)   #311
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Quote:
I was seeing a German girl for a while and she laughed at me for thinking they were German. She said they are German but eaten ironically more than anything else

This could be my thing for 2021. Eating the food of the country that is hosting the event I'm watching. Hot Dogs for Daytona. Can anyone recommend something else for Sebring?
Again as someone born and raised in Florida, I can't think of anything specific to Florida that other States can't claim. Having said that, I do have a specific diet when it comes to eating at sebring. Steak and cheese sandwich for lunch, elephant ear for mid afternoon snack, pizza for dinner, cheeseburger with fries for supper.

Would also like to add I'm only 160lbs (74kg) so I eat with wreckless abandon.

Location. Checks. Out..
Old 23 Jan 2021, 23:17 (Ref:4030860)   #312
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
will be the same situation of lmpc... maybe lmp3 will be slightly faster on qualifying but being a class made of mainly am drivers, during the race gtlm will have a better overall pace, considering also lmp3 will need to refuel more often than gtlm.
I've read some technical bulletin .pdf and now IMSA lmp2 have revlimit set to 8700rpm, very close to their original power (last year was 8250rpm)
https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...s-01142021.pdf
IMSA's policies will make things more of a mess by mandating that all LMP3 cars start ahead of the GTLM field. Not a good idea if they start the whole field together. Should be GTLM in front of LMP3.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 00:52 (Ref:4030865)   #313
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Well sure, I'm sure today it is an American food. But it's roots date to Germany and German immigrants serving them to the masses here. and as much as I like talking about food, I wish we were as interested in the race itself
Old 24 Jan 2021, 03:05 (Ref:4030871)   #314
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Can anyone recommend something else for Sebring?
Not sure, but monster trucks and pole dancers should be your inspiration or just go hot dogs again. It's still Florida, where everyone runs amok.

But see if you can get gator in Scotland. That should be your challenge.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4030889)   #315
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
IMSA's policies will make things more of a mess by mandating that all LMP3 cars start ahead of the GTLM field. Not a good idea if they start the whole field together. Should be GTLM in front of LMP3.
It won't change a lot... dpi and lmp2 will fly away and will remain the lmp3 block that fighting each other will let gtlm getting closer soon or later anyhow.
About the offtopic, when I visited US I tried the elvis sandwich... at each bite my soul was going to leave my body
Old 24 Jan 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4030962)   #316
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Soo...is IMSA TV working for anyone? Because I have no video.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 20:19 (Ref:4030971)   #317
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The forum's reputation as a fountain of knowledge precedes itself once more!
Old 24 Jan 2021, 20:20 (Ref:4030972)   #318
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Worked fine for me the whole race!
Old 24 Jan 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4030975)   #319
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
everything worked fine to me, and have to admit I like more the 2 drivers - 1h40m format for sprint races than the usual one.
Once again cadillac dpi is a ridiculous rocket during restarts. We all were worried about lmp3 being slower than gtlm, we were wrong... most of them are slower also than gtd
Old 24 Jan 2021, 22:08 (Ref:4030988)   #320
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Didn't work here either.
But it never did in 2020 anyway.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 22:37 (Ref:4030995)   #321
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
everything worked fine to me, and have to admit I like more the 2 drivers - 1h40m format for sprint races than the usual one.
Once again cadillac dpi is a ridiculous rocket during restarts. We all were worried about lmp3 being slower than gtlm, we were wrong... most of them are slower also than gtd
I think a lot of that was due to the conditions. LMP3 cars are difficult to drive at the best of times + a damp track, an amateur-driven P3 will be behind GT3 cars with ABS, TC etc.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 22:39 (Ref:4030998)   #322
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Watched most of the race, nothing much of note. The race was too long. Should try a "Twin 125" next year. 1 hour 25 mins. Split races.

Could easily tell teams were not trying that hard. A lot of cars pitted 2 or 3 times for the practice of pit stops in race conditions. The only class where it looked like there was real racing going on was DPI.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 22:57 (Ref:4031001)   #323
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Watched most of the race, nothing much of note. The race was too long. Should try a "Twin 125" next year. 1 hour 25 mins. Split races.

Could easily tell teams were not trying that hard. A lot of cars pitted 2 or 3 times for the practice of pit stops in race conditions. The only class where it looked like there was real racing going on was DPI.
yes, also because the tv director didn't pay much attention to the other cars... maybe only the starting gtlm fight and the oreca/dallara fight at the end of the race.
It was explained why ganassi cadillac dpi had a huge performance drop after the first or second restart?
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4031081)   #324
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was explained why ganassi cadillac dpi had a huge performance drop after the first or second restart?
As I understood it the other DPI's pitted for slicks, while the Ganassi car stayed out on wets. Which seemed really odd.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4031137)   #325
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Watched only for 15 minutes but it worked.