Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jun 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3913039)   #201
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Any locals know what the usual parking areas outside the circuit are like following last weekend's mudbath of the Download festival?
I've just asked a mate who works there. Will let you know when I do
Old 20 Jun 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3913073)   #202
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Word from DP is that the 'glamping' customers were on that field, so there wasn't the footfall or vehicle movements to make it a mudbath. Should be OK.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3913086)   #203
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Just sneaking in before the next round, pictures from Silverstone: https://bit.ly/2WWpiWb

Unlike dwh43scale's half-hearted effort, this is a proper big album of pictures :-)

However, I make no claims whatsoever to match his inestimable photograhic skills! I'm just a fan with a camera.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3913130)   #204
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Just sneaking in before the next round, pictures from Silverstone: https://bit.ly/2WWpiWb

Unlike dwh43scale's half-hearted effort, this is a proper big album of pictures :-)

However, I make no claims whatsoever to match his inestimable photograhic skills! I'm just a fan with a camera.
You are very kind ! I, too, am just a fan with a camera - no media vest was involved in the production of these photos

Should anyone be interested, I contribute to www.pistonclick.com and we have done spectator snappers guides and event reports at a number of UK circuits to provide some hints and tips.

Sadly that was the last BGT round for me this year as other events are in the diary for the remaining rounds.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 21:26 (Ref:3913189)   #205
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info Greem, but there's an update on the MSV website for the event which confirms that parking will be on the hardstanding Tarmac Lake so there shouldn't be any problems for anyone planning to go - which includes me!

http://news.msv.com/spectator-inform...gton-park.aspx
Old 20 Jun 2019, 22:27 (Ref:3913195)   #206
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
I literally just saw the same info.

If you're knocking about the paddock and see us in the 720s (or whatever McLaren give us this weekend!) please make sure you stop and say hello.

Don't do that if we're out on track though
Old 24 Jun 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3913947)   #207
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Thanks for the info Greem, but there's an update on the MSV website for the event which confirms that parking will be on the hardstanding Tarmac Lake so there shouldn't be any problems for anyone planning to go - which includes me!
That was a very long walk with all my gear at either end of the day on Sunday!

Did you enjoy your day? The various supports certainly kept me busy...
Old 24 Jun 2019, 20:31 (Ref:3914014)   #208
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had a cracking day at Donington on Sunday for my first GT meeting of the year. Great to see close racing all the way thru the field in both GT3 & GT4. Great to see so many spectators there as well, the pit walk was jam packed.
Anyway here's my vid from Sunday's action if anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65H62qpYGBE
Old 24 Jun 2019, 21:23 (Ref:3914023)   #209
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That was a very long walk with all my gear at either end of the day on Sunday!

Did you enjoy your day? The various supports certainly kept me busy...
Yep, Donington is always worth the trip, especially with a good GT race to watch. Looks so much better under MSV, despite the Download mess.

I really think they needed to trim the support races for this meeting 'though. At least I could give up and go home when I wanted to (with a near 3hr drive thanks to traffic), but I see the last race didn't finish until 7:35pm with only 3 runners left on track so you and your marshal colleagues can't have got away until 8ish.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3914083)   #210
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Yep, Donington is always worth the trip, especially with a good GT race to watch. Looks so much better under MSV, despite the Download mess.

I really think they needed to trim the support races for this meeting 'though. At least I could give up and go home when I wanted to (with a near 3hr drive thanks to traffic), but I see the last race didn't finish until 7:35pm with only 3 runners left on track so you and your marshal colleagues can't have got away until 8ish.
You're right about the facilities; I'm pleased MSV are taking a long approach to things and not trying to get everything right in one go (which inevitably means lots of things aren't right). Bins everywhere, vastly improved signage and toilets, new marshal posts, nicer and sturdier fences... the list goes on.

Timetable though... yeah. It was two extremely long days, not helped by the sudden showers that blew through late on Sunday. I didn't leave until about 8.30 as we had a lot of post-meeting sorting out to do.

Spa next though. Haven't been there before, so looking forward to that one.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3915625)   #211
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
An additional entrant for Spa, Tony Quinn (of Australian pet food and sweeties fame) alongside Darren Turner:

https://www.britishgt.com/news/526/q...etition-at-spa
Old 3 Jul 2019, 09:33 (Ref:3915636)   #212
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
An additional entrant for Spa, Tony Quinn (of Australian pet food and sweeties fame) alongside Darren Turner:

https://www.britishgt.com/news/526/q...etition-at-spa

Interesting entry. TQs raced the old Aston GT3 in Australian GT plenty of times but never overseas. Nice to see Darren Turner as co driver.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3915652)   #213
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Interesting entry. TQs raced the old Aston GT3 in Australian GT plenty of times but never overseas. Nice to see Darren Turner as co driver.
bucket list race without the pressure of doing the full 24h?
Old 3 Jul 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3915697)   #214
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to see Mr Turner making a one appearance. Very talented and experienced sportscar driver
Old 10 Jul 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3916916)   #215
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
David Appleby Engineering have taken delivery of a new 991 GT3 R. I wonder if this destined for BGT at some point...

Old 11 Jul 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3916980)   #216
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
bucket list race without the pressure of doing the full 24h?

Quite possibly. I see he has sponsorship from English rugby also which is interesting in itself.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3919041)   #217
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Back at work after my first visit to Spa.

My word. What an epic circuit. What incredibly heavy rain they have there, too, which coincided with both of Saturday's Caterham support races and had a hand in a slightly topsy-turvy GT qualifying session.

And then the GT race on Sunday... 3 wide through the bottom of Eau Rouge and all coming out intact? We'll have more of that, please!

Messrs Quinn & Turner managed to get their new Aston run in quite nicely, too.

Cracking weekend. It'd be good if we could move it closer to where I live, mind you!
Old 23 Jul 2019, 20:48 (Ref:3919089)   #218
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hoping to be at Brands - if my son comes up with an invite for me!
Old 25 Jul 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3919295)   #219
LDM
Rookie

England
SE London / NE Kent
LDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be at the Brands Hatch meeting - really looking forward to it and the DTM event.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3921015)   #220
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superb grid for Sunday at Brands:
https://www.britishgt.com/entry-list..._meeting_id=48
Great to see so many different manufacturers involved
Old 3 Aug 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3921030)   #221
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Good day at Brands today. Weather great, good qualifying session, looking forward to the race tomorrow.

We haven't had a safety car in a GT race since Oulton. Will we get a run out tomorrow?
Old 3 Aug 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3921032)   #222
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't get to stop by to say hello, but you were parked opposite me (I was on the South Bank). Maybe tomorrow...…

Had a very enjoyable day, spending some time in the Balfe pits and then wandering the circuit. Haven't been to Brands for the best part of 20 years and I'd forgotten just what hard work it is walking around the GP loop! Mind you, I was a lot younger when I used to do it without thinking about where my next breath was coming from...….
Old 3 Aug 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3921036)   #223
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Haven't been to Brands for the best part of 20 years and I'd forgotten just what hard work it is walking around the GP loop! Mind you, I was a lot younger when I used to do it without thinking about where my next breath was coming from...….
Not as bad as Spa but I know what you mean!
Old 3 Aug 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3921039)   #224
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I didn't get to stop by to say hello, but you were parked opposite me (I was on the South Bank)
The Ginettas gave us a surprise, we'd picky just returned from the start of their first race and got deployed immediately we parked up!

If you're doing the pit walk tomorrow morning I think we'll be around in the inner paddock somewhere. If not... Drop me a PM.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3921126)   #225
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England

Live......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk