Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 May 2022, 15:34 (Ref:4110385)   #1226
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tom Walkinshaw in a Jag XJS at Mount Panorama. When Conrod Straight was straight all the way...

https://youtu.be/M9I7GWllPFY
Old 17 May 2022, 17:57 (Ref:4110405)   #1227
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Tom Walkinshaw in a Jag XJS at Mount Panorama. When Conrod Straight was straight all the way...

Old 18 May 2022, 12:19 (Ref:4110470)   #1228
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

That track is amazing. I'll admit it is a little nerve wracking watching that with such minimal trackside safety measures, but it is awesome!
Old 18 May 2022, 18:56 (Ref:4110500)   #1229
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bathurst certainly is an exhilarating ride and thankfully, despite improved safety standards here and there, hasn't been sanitised
Old 19 May 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4110560)   #1230
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Love seeing the likes of Tom, Brock and others getting the left front off the ground over Skyline back in the day. Just great stuff!

After watching the 12 hrs over the weekend and then back to this, as S Griff points out, there have been some obvious major safety improvements, including the Chase and Jersey barriers being the more noticeable ones. However, there are some more subtle ones including shaving a bit of a hump at Reid Park, I believe. That bit looked a bit sketch but fun!!

Anyways, high power, skinny tires and little electronics looked to be hard to beat!! Thx for posting, Mike!
Old 20 May 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4110671)   #1231
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't think there was a better sight of an XJS going round the Mountain. A true driver's circuit. Really sorted the men from the boys in those type of cars too.
Old 16 Jul 2022, 22:17 (Ref:4119688)   #1232
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great safety “car”.
https://twitter.com/mar_b_ond/status...i4AFD59dAbucaQ
Old 3 Dec 2022, 08:42 (Ref:4135956)   #1233
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RIP GTE Pro

https://youtu.be/UBEBY35vhU4
Old 22 Dec 2022, 18:19 (Ref:4137890)   #1234
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh hey folks!

This can get me excited about hybrids:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cmbz-...MWI4MTIyMDE%3D
Old 22 Dec 2022, 21:56 (Ref:4137906)   #1235
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have some stunning pit exit video shot secretly by my son of a certain British sports car.... That it isn't racing is downright criminal.
Old 22 Dec 2022, 22:48 (Ref:4137912)   #1236
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Oh hey folks!

This can get me excited about hybrids:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cmbz-...MWI4MTIyMDE%3D
Brilliant.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4137950)   #1237
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQcaYrbxXMM

Lucien Bianchi in a DB4 GT Zagato (which ran in Le Mans 1961) before a May 1962 Spa GP Sportscar race (non- world championship event) driving around the old Spa circuit with a few 250 SWBs. Think Jim Clark also drove car at TT race at Goodwood in 1961.

Qualified on pole and wrote car off at Les Combes, 2 VEV car rebuilt as one of 3 Superlightweights and was auctioned off by Bonhams a few years ago.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4137959)   #1238
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have some stunning pit exit video shot secretly by my son of a certain British sports car.... That it isn't racing is downright criminal.
it would be nice to see at least one road car make it on the hypercar grid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQcaYrbxXMM

Lucien Bianchi in a DB4 GT Zagato (which ran in Le Mans 1961) before a May 1962 Spa GP Sportscar race (non- world championship event) driving around the old Spa circuit with a few 250 SWBs. Think Jim Clark also drove car at TT race at Goodwood in 1961.

Qualified on pole and wrote car off at Les Combes, 2 VEV car rebuilt as one of 3 Superlightweights and was auctioned off by Bonhams a few years ago.
That is super cool. I like the narration, although don't understand it all! The old Spa must have been a heck of an experience.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:20 (Ref:4138054)   #1239
S griffin
Veteran

I don't think even the video does justice to how fearsome the old Spa was. What really did it for me was seeing a computer simulation of the Ultimate Porsche going round there. They definitely stopped racing there at the right time!
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4138058)   #1240
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The old Spa must have been a heck of an experience.
Right! Especially at night in wet conditions… And the mix pros/ pure amateurs was not always easy to manage. Thanks for the video RL17.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4138070)   #1241
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don't think even the video does justice to how fearsome the old Spa was. What really did it for me was seeing a computer simulation of the Ultimate Porsche going round there. They definitely stopped racing there at the right time!
You should drive in it GPL.......
Old 24 Dec 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4138081)   #1242
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seems that some on here can appreciate low quality historic vids, almost in B&W, far before the action cams, taken during the last official race held at Montlhéry France. Those were the days:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHV2BaijAAk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajs9eOdBn1c
Old 27 Dec 2022, 22:50 (Ref:4138330)   #1243
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I like these old IMSA broadcasts. Here is a Road Atlanta GTP race from 1985
Old 28 Dec 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4138339)   #1244
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Where's the link?
Old 29 Dec 2022, 01:09 (Ref:4138387)   #1245
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Where's the link?
That's what i get from phone posting!

https://racer.com/2022/12/27/retro-1...-road-atlanta/
Old 29 Dec 2022, 18:51 (Ref:4138442)   #1246
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Another old IMSA race, this time from 1991 on the streets of New Orleans......and in the rain!

https://youtu.be/1Xm-C5zKIcY
Old 29 Dec 2022, 22:12 (Ref:4138454)   #1247
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Cool.

Although I am struck by how slow these cars look! Even when the track was in a decent condition. And then in the rain!
Old 30 Dec 2022, 09:33 (Ref:4138481)   #1248
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Cool.

Although I am struck by how slow these cars look! Even when the track was in a decent condition. And then in the rain!
I love these sort of comparisons. For more fun, the 2007 Le Mans pole time (3:26.344 by Peugeot) would've been 4th on the LMP2 grid in 2017.
Old 30 Dec 2022, 14:51 (Ref:4138503)   #1249
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Cool.

A 1.3 mile street track full of 90 degree turns. Anything would look slow.
Old 30 Dec 2022, 19:09 (Ref:4138516)   #1250
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do we think of the Michael Fassbender series on YouTube? Just finished the latest episode, captures the emotion and really enjoying it