Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jul 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2503438)   #1
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Zolder 24hrs,22-23 August.

Anyone know were to find an entrylist of this race? I'm gonna visit it this year for the first time and basically know very little about it.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2503440)   #2
gino
Racer

Germany
Berlin-Brandenburg
gino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Anyone know were to find an entrylist of this race? I'm gonna visit it this year for the first time and basically know very little about it.
Hm, the website has no infos about the race this year:

http://www.24u.be/
Old 17 Jul 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2503472)   #3
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This year it will be open to :
Belgian Gt (Gt3)
Belgian Touring Car Series silhouete + touring cars
Dunlop Sport Maxx Endurance Cup ( must use michelin tyres !!! )

Except GT1 and GT2 car

Last year only 27 cars at the start ... this year +- 40 expected

Now the focus is on the Spa 24h ... more info the week after
Old 17 Jul 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2503586)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
No list but an article that mentions a lot of probables: Click here(it's in French, though)

I've read (specualtions) about a few more this week...

Rumor has it, there will be two Oreca Vipers and Cor Euser with his Marcos.
Can't wait for it, as it will be my fist 24hour race I see live at the track!
Old 18 Jul 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2503703)   #5
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
No list but an article that mentions a lot of probables: Click here(it's in French, though)

I've read (specualtions) about a few more this week...

Rumor has it, there will be two Oreca Vipers and Cor Euser with his Marcos.
Can't wait for it, as it will be my fist 24hour race I see live at the track!
Really? Wow,that means you're in for a treat,mate! Especially the circuit of Zolder is very good for spectating a race for it is all within 10 minutes walking distance and I'm allready lookin forward to seeing over forty cars battling it out at this short and demanding track.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2503733)   #6
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I sure hope so. Looks like they've made an important step towards the original Belcar-spirit this year and away from Ratel's emasculated GT3-version of it - I am already wondering what 2010 will bring, I hope they'll return to the old 125 minutes race format for the regular rounds and a 4-6hr race at the Spa Euro Race.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2504977)   #7
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will any highlights hit British TV screens?
Old 21 Jul 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2505304)   #8
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Will any highlights hit British TV screens?

I doubt it. It's one of the more obscure 24hr races...
Old 21 Jul 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2505393)   #9
Speed-King
Veteran

I think the first and perhaps the last hour of the race are usually live on TV in Belgium, with a little luck ,you might find a stream of that. And www.24u.be will probably provide video-updates in English and Dutch during the race...
Old 21 Jul 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2505395)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I doubt it. It's one of the more obscure 24hr races...
I've heard of it, and the Dutch Supercar Challenge and Belcar have been shown on Motors TV before - you never know.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2505396)   #11
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
I think the first and perhaps the last hour of the race are usually live on TV in Belgium, with a little luck ,you might find a stream of that. And www.24u.be will probably provide video-updates in English and Dutch during the race...
Thankyou very much! It certainly looks better than the now defunct Britcar 24hr race, atlhought I'd always assumed it was anyway
Old 22 Jul 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2505861)   #12
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
All the cars probably'll have to obide to the overstrict noise limit of Zolder?
Old 22 Jul 2009, 08:00 (Ref:2505886)   #13
Speed-King
Veteran

Nope, I've read something about the 105db limit from the Dunlop Endurance Cup not being applied for the 24 hours...
Old 23 Jul 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2506904)   #14
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Nope, I've read something about the 105db limit from the Dunlop Endurance Cup not being applied for the 24 hours...

NICE !
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2507119)   #15
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It certainly looks better than the now defunct Britcar 24hr race, atlhought I'd always assumed it was anyway
Not defunct, should be back next year.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2507130)   #16
Speed-King
Veteran

Ah, there's a "2009 website coming soon" notice on 24u.be, I hope we'll get a first entrylist along with the new site!
Old 24 Jul 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2507237)   #17
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
As luck would have it,I'm gonna visit the Spa 24hrs after all(if only the Saturday)so it'll give me a good opportunity to compare the overall impression of these two 24hr races.

Never thought the grid of the Zolder race would be larger then that of Spa...
Old 26 Jul 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2508197)   #18
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Never thought the grid of the Zolder race would be larger then that of Spa...
Is Zolder part of any championship?

Sometimes the 'officially' sponsored ones keep a lot of outside entries out due to the costs, etc.

Could it be more expensive for teams to enter Spa than Zolder?
Old 26 Jul 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2508206)   #19
Speed-King
Veteran

Zolder is part of the Belgian GT series (formerly known as Belcar), but GT3 rules have really ruined the series and the Z24 over the last years so they made it an open race this year, open to cars from all 3 big Belgian series (GT, Touring Car and Endurance Cup).
There have lately been some changes in the Belgian racing landscape with SRO selling the right to promote the GT-series to the organizers of the two other series, so it will interesting to see how things will look next year...
Old 29 Jul 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2510643)   #20
Speed-King
Veteran

New article about the race (in Flemish)

I tried to extract a list of possible entries from that one:

Delahaye Racing Mégane Trophy
KS Motorsport BMW M3 Silhouette (possibly 2)
KRK Dodge Viper
First Motorsport Porsche
Delahaye Francorchamps Motors Ferrari 430
Pertti Kuismanen Ford GT
JD by KS Motorsport Lamborghini Gallardo
Ford Mustang GT3 VDS Aventures
Mülhner Motorsport Porsche 997 Cup-S
Philippe Cracco Viper
Thiers Brothers Ferrari 430 Scuderia or Porsche 996 Cup
Barwell Aston Martin DBRS9+
MPM Porsche 996
Team Moritz Marcos
VDS Mustang GT4
Porsche 997 GT4
ProSpeed Competition 996 GT3 RSR
AD Sport Porsche 964 Turbo
AD Sport Chrysler Viper GT1
Cor Euser Marcos Mantis
Cor Euser BMW 120D
Bader BMW Z3
Saker diesel
Speedlover Porsche Supercup 996
Speedlover Porsche Supercup 997
Solution F
Solution F
Moore BMW M3 GTR
Beliën BMW M3 GT4
Joosen/Pampel BMW
BMW 120d
BMW 120d
Seat Leon Supercoppa
Seat Leon Supercoppa
Seat Leon Supercoppa
Renault Clio
Renault Clio
Renault Clio
Renault Clio
Renault Clio

Doesn't look half bad, does it?
Old 29 Jul 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2510685)   #21
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were highlights on Motors Tv last year.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2511167)   #22
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see Cor Euser up there with a Marcos even.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2511178)   #23
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some very fun and interesting cars on there from some old-school competitors like Prospeed and AD Sport who were rather left behind by the GT3 era. The entry for that, the 'premiere', class, is disappointing. 10 cars max?!
Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2512352)   #24
Speed-King
Veteran

There was an open test day at Zolder yesterday and teams usually use those as a preparation for the 24hours.

Pictures can be found here

There's a number of GT4 cars in those pics. As the European GT4 series is a support series of the 24hrs, I guess these cars are probably not testing for the 24 but for their championship races.
And we can of course also rule out the F3-car, the 935 and that black Can-Am-ish machine.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2514126)   #25
Speed-King
Veteran

Website has been updated, entrylist has been posted, but so far no cars on it.

I expect this to change during the week, as there's a memo on the Dunlop Endurance Cup website, that says that teams have to order tires for the race until the 5th.