Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Nov 2021, 03:50 (Ref:4085383)   #226
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WOW, BIG news

Christopher Mies drafted in to sub for Garth Tander in both the GT and TCR races for MPC/Audi!

https://sportscar365.com/sro/gtwc/au...3XSIcuHV6b_5-4

Now THAT is genuinely good and exciting news. Especially given the last 2 years we've endured.
Old 25 Nov 2021, 05:09 (Ref:4085389)   #227
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Casper can get upset when I question a fan's genuineness in their interest in racing all he likes. But when Mixer posts like this, gee whiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Kind of a worry that TCR's biggest news is that Chaz might run a race just to sew up the title.
It's not a worry when the biggest attendance at Eastern Creek Will Brown has raced in front of was the 2019 TCR Aus season opener.

It's not a worry when the biggest attendance at Eastern Creek Mostert has raced in front of this year was not any of the previous 4 supercars rounds held in the last month.

The biggest news in all of this was the miracle of a supercars team/admin taking the carrot out of their backside and allowing Mostert to claim the series he absolutely deserved to get.

The entitlement, stubbornness and irrationality of the initial decision are typical of supercars.
Old 25 Nov 2021, 05:25 (Ref:4085390)   #228
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What does TCR and particularly Supercheap Auto get out of races on Wednesday and Friday and being finished by Saturday arvo?

It’s a massive waste of sponsors money for a few of these categories going up there.
ARG gain goodwill and clout behind the scenes. They'll be diplomatic about it, but they can always say they saved supercars' backside.

Quote:
Well they get some racing which they wouldn't otherwise have.

They haven't managed to overcome COVID difficulties on their own, but they can have a race with Supercars event team having done the leg work

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The irony of this post.

If it wasn't for ARG/TCR, there's a fair chance there wouldn't be a Supercars B1000 at all!

The date of the TCR Bathurst was already there and allowed the opportunity for the flexibility of getting everything through.

If it wasn't for the generosity of ARG/TCR Bathurst, supercars probably had a lot fewer headaches over how they'd complete their series a conveniently as they otherwise would have.

But instead of being gracious about it, you get Mixer's post.
Old 26 Nov 2021, 05:34 (Ref:4085500)   #229
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Entry list for Bathurst - 18 cars.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2021...-18-car-entry/

Wonder how many are in garages?
Old 26 Nov 2021, 06:07 (Ref:4085503)   #230
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Entry list for Bathurst - 18 cars.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2021...-18-car-entry/

Wonder how many are in garages?
Which from what I read will likely be 17 after race 1, with Mostert only running in race 1 because it is run on Wednesday, prior to his V8 involvement starting on Thursday. I believe he only needs a reasonable finish in one race to confirm the title hence the rethink on him originally being NA..
(I think the final schedule shows the TCR race 1 moved to the Wednesday from the original Thursday)
Happy to be corrected on that but that seems to be the way it reads.
Old 26 Nov 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4085508)   #231
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Which from what I read will likely be 17 after race 1, with Mostert only running in race 1 because it is run on Wednesday, prior to his V8 involvement starting on Thursday. I believe he only needs a reasonable finish in one race to confirm the title hence the rethink on him originally being NA..
Yes that would seem to be accurate.

I want to see how Mies goes!
Old 28 Nov 2021, 04:51 (Ref:4085727)   #232
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
heres the full race week sched
Attached Thumbnails
BATHURST.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BATHURST1.pdf (22.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf BATHUSTB.pdf (23.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 29 Nov 2021, 04:32 (Ref:4085831)   #233
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
heres the full race week sched
CHeers Mate, much appreciated
Old 29 Nov 2021, 06:43 (Ref:4085836)   #234
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
WOW, BIG news

Christopher Mies drafted in to sub for Garth Tander in both the GT and TCR races for MPC/Audi!

https://sportscar365.com/sro/gtwc/au...3XSIcuHV6b_5-4

Now THAT is genuinely good and exciting news. Especially given the last 2 years we've endured.

Has to wait until after 9pm Wednesday until he can get to the track...
Old 29 Nov 2021, 06:50 (Ref:4085839)   #235
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Yeah, that one happened in a flash. Seems reasonable and conservative.

Old 29 Nov 2021, 07:23 (Ref:4085840)   #236
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
So misses all TCR practice which is on Tuesday, and then will miss qualy and also race 1 which is all over by 17:15 Wednesday afternoon according to the latest schedule.....
Old 29 Nov 2021, 08:15 (Ref:4085848)   #237
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He will also miss GT Qualifying as well.
Old 30 Nov 2021, 02:16 (Ref:4085954)   #238
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
For all the talk surrounding Mostert running today and tomorrow in TCR in order to tie up the TCR title in Race 1, prior to concentrating on Supercars from Thursday onwards, has got off to a bad start in the first practice.

Chaz went off on oil at Reid Park and has torn off a corner whilst on his first flying lap.
A bit of work to get the car ready for P2 later this afternoon. (15:10)
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/30...-tcr-practice/
Old 30 Nov 2021, 02:41 (Ref:4085959)   #239
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
NO Kayo or any coverage of todays action?

Pi$$ed off!
Old 30 Nov 2021, 12:28 (Ref:4085986)   #240
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
NO Kayo or any coverage of todays action?

Pi$$ed off!
FOX ???

Not sure I didnt watch.
Old 30 Nov 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4085996)   #241
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
FOX ???

Not sure I didnt watch.
Fox (on their Bathurst 24/7 channel 503) were just running top 10 previous years and other year highlights packages today with their live event coverage starting tomorrow morning 8:30(ish)am Eastern
Old 1 Dec 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4086120)   #242
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
ARG gain goodwill and clout behind the scenes. They'll be diplomatic about it, but they can always say they saved supercars' backside.

The irony of this post.

If it wasn't for ARG/TCR, there's a fair chance there wouldn't be a Supercars B1000 at all!

The date of the TCR Bathurst was already there and allowed the opportunity for the flexibility of getting everything through.

If it wasn't for the generosity of ARG/TCR Bathurst, supercars probably had a lot fewer headaches over how they'd complete their series a conveniently as they otherwise would have.

But instead of being gracious about it, you get Mixer's post.
Getting plenty of TV out of FOX ...
Old 2 Dec 2021, 02:26 (Ref:4086222)   #243
Mixer
Veteran

Was great to see some of the action at the mountain, and good to see lots of the cars with sponsors that are new to the sport.

Gotta give Luke King credit for taking it up to Chaz all year, even if it wasn't such a close finish - the level of resources is very different.

Also how odd was Luke's off at the Chase, with the tyre spinning on the rim? Lucky it didn't dig in.
Old 3 Dec 2021, 23:57 (Ref:4086499)   #244
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What’s happened to Holdsworth this weekend?
Old 4 Dec 2021, 00:26 (Ref:4086501)   #245
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
I gather he was focussing on his drive in the other series but that seems odd?

Old 4 Dec 2021, 04:14 (Ref:4086519)   #246
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I gather he was focussing on his drive in the other series but that seems odd?

Sure does,

It’s one thing Mostert doing it, it’s another Holdsworth prioritising co-driving over his regular gig…

Pretty good third race
Old 4 Dec 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4086529)   #247
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Didn’t think the ride was fully funded.. cheaper not to run presumably
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Dec 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4086702)   #248
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
got to say well done to arg for how it ran all its classes this week at bathurst. Given it was a rushed card and lots of interstate teams couldnt cross the borders, they put on great racing all week (booo to foxtel for not covering tuesday)

Was a top week
My standouts
Jordan Cox is a great driver and spectacular to watch
Marcus Z that car is as fast as she is beautiful, but geez you have no luck
Tim Brook is another who will regularly win races once he gets his car reliable and set up
S5000, great looking and sounding and spectacular, but they seem to have a lot of serious crashes and red flags. Is there an issue?
L
Old 6 Dec 2021, 01:44 (Ref:4087088)   #249
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could not help but to hark back to the Worlds*1987 event & the multitude of visiting touring car Royalty.

TCR can grow, confident the fans will come - maybe an Asian competition would get factory support.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_James_Hardie_1000
Old 7 Dec 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4087443)   #250
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find it odd that several names and vehicles did not appear in what should have been TCR Australia's marquee event.

No Mr D'Alberto, let anyone driving his thing.

ASM seem to have bailed out, with Mr Holdsworth opting not to race, and Mr Hansen taking the other Alfa to MPC until his current-spec Audi RS3 lands.

Mr Clemente was also absent.

MPC's Golf was handed off to Purple Sector for a no-name to plod around, well off the pace.

Next year will be interesting.

Will the King i30 reappear, and do a full season? Mr Brown's title-winning chassis has found a new home.

What of the Astras? Will the individual who bought them, reassemble them, and find an appropriate budget to run them? Lubner in Germany are still persisting with them, however no news of a current-model Astra being developed for TCR.

GRM still has an unused Alfa and Peugeot, and the re-shelled Megane Evo.

Romeo Ferraris has ceased development of the Guilietta, and seemingly Vukovic have done the same with the Megane. PeugeotSport isn't pushing the TCR barrow much these days.

Hyundai has moved on to the Elantra now, with the i30 and Veloster now considered old tech. Will the Morcoms stump up for a couple?

Many of the cars are in dire need of a birthday, and several teams could really look to what's going on overseas in TCR land. Multiple turbo failures over a weekend are rare, and the Michelins fall apart when you overwork them on a warm-ish day.