Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Nov 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4081254)   #51
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebringimsa View Post
So what are you going to do about the unvaxxed people (with genuine medical cert) walking around amongst the vaccinated?
We need a critical mass of people who can get vaccinated TO get vaccinated to protect the people who CANNOT. this doesn't include fraudulent exemptions, people with genuine medical reasons. I hope all the morons getting fake exemptions from woo doctors get found out and punished, because they are buggering it up for people with genuine needs. Selfish rubbish and they deserve to be ridiculed and have the book thrown at them.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Nov 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4081255)   #52
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyTruck View Post
Cant see Rick Kelly in a Penrite sponsored car
While Rick's car did have Castrol as naming rights sponsor for the last few years, the team in which he is a shareholder (albeit largely silent) is sponsored by Penrite, so either Castrol had decided they were not going to renew their deal, or the Penrite deal was worth more and thus the team decided not to renew.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 10:02 (Ref:4081256)   #53
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
We need a critical mass of people who can get vaccinated TO get vaccinated to protect the people who CANNOT. this doesn't include fraudulent exemptions, people with genuine medical reasons. I hope all the morons getting fake exemptions from woo doctors get found out and punished, because they are buggering it up for people with genuine needs. Selfish rubbish and they deserve to be ridiculed and have the book thrown at them.

I think this is 100% correct - but, like the NRL flu vax saga last year, anyone under contract needs to follow the rules laid out - simple as.

Hopefully it is a misunderstanding as opposed to something intentionally gained with fraud - that would be criminal and put undue pressure onto the team/series commercially.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4081258)   #54
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So what are you going to do about the unvaxxed people (with genuine medical cert) walking around amongst the vaccinated?
Risk:
Event - Someone contracts COVID-19
Causes - Close contact, lack of vaccination, poor hygiene practices
Consequences - No symptoms, mild symptoms, severe symptoms, death

So the causes and consequences are being treated with control measures.

Control measures:
hand washing and alcohol rub, social distancing - reduce chance of event occurring.
ventilators and medical facilities - reduce severity of consequcenes.
vaccinations - both reduces the likelihood of contracting COVID-19, and reduces the severity of symptoms if contracted.

So vaccination is a control measure in place, and the people manging the risk want to reduce the risk ALARP. To do this, they require full vaccination from all people who are not exempt. Then there will be a confidence in how effective the control measure is. The more people who are vaccinated, the higher the control measure confidence.

What do you do about the people who are (genuinely) exempt? Consider that in your assessment of control measure confidence, and determine if other control measures are required to mitigate.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4081259)   #55
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The number of people with a genuine medical reason not to get vaccinated is 5 in a million according to international health figures.These people will already receiving care for those medical conditions.
That’s how many people have a legitimate reason.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4081269)   #56
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I think you’ve looked at the wrong weekend.Both Saturday and Sunday have a Supercar race starting around 7.30.It is the following weekend when all races run in daylight.
Damn, converted to my local time, not Sydney
Old 3 Nov 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4081309)   #57
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Utter madness from Reynolds if this transpires as speculated. Career ending.

It doesn't help that he's gone so hard-core 'out there' with his views of late - people are putting two and two together.

I see reports that he was hidden in the trailer all weekend at Syndney and only seen wearing full gear when he did emerge. The team was fully masked up and they all had to do multiple tests as an extra precaution - just because of one person's alleged tomfoolery.

It's not even really about vax or anti-vax, it's the insinuation that the reasoning isn't legitimate that really stinks, plus the threat to the whole championship.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4081371)   #58
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sponsors can't be happy with this farce
Old 3 Nov 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4081375)   #59
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only happy people out of this, will be Barry and Betty.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 22:27 (Ref:4081377)   #60
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
The only happy people out of this, will be Barry and Betty.
They are coming out smelling like roses - I think many people threw them under a bus after last year, but now they look like the smart ones.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 00:36 (Ref:4081390)   #61
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In the last week, NSW health authorities, working closely with Supercars, Kelly Grove Racing and David Reynolds have carefully considered a vaccination exemption presented by David and have concluded that David is not exempt from receiving the vaccine.
With NSW health authorities having reached this conclusion, David has had his first vaccine shot administered and has scheduled his second vaccine shot. While waiting for his second vaccine shot, however, David is not able to compete at the three upcoming Sydney Motorsport Park rounds of the 2021 Supercars Championship.
Once fully vaccinated, as scheduled, David could be eligible to drive in the Repco Bathurst 1000.
Quote:
Supercars can confirm that David’s attendance at last weekend’s Bunnings Trade Sydney SuperNight was in compliance with temporary protocols and conditions to protect he and other participants while the matter was resolved.
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...avid-reynolds/
Old 4 Nov 2021, 00:48 (Ref:4081391)   #62
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
They are coming out smelling like roses - I think many people threw them under a bus after last year, but now they look like the smart ones.
Reading Betty’s anti vaxxer drivel about boycotting these 4 meetings -and now by implication Bathurst and any meeting in Victoria until the end of time-smart is one of the last adjectives you would apply to her.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 00:57 (Ref:4081392)   #63
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Davey.

Holiday for you then.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 01:08 (Ref:4081393)   #64
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So if you are Grove, do you pull breach of contract and knock him on the head?

Old 4 Nov 2021, 01:27 (Ref:4081396)   #65
TWRv12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So if you are Grove, do you pull breach of contract and knock him on the head?

Supercars allowed him race last weekend, but he probably will have two shots before Bathurst, so he might be able to race there.

Betty could drive away corporates that have had to encourage staff to vaxed
Old 4 Nov 2021, 02:25 (Ref:4081401)   #66
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave didn't hold a gun to anyone's head - Supercars allowed him to race!!! Lmao
Old 4 Nov 2021, 03:56 (Ref:4081403)   #67
V8fan12
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
V8fan12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luke Youlden and Matt Campbell will be given runs in the #26 to replace Reynolds.

Quote:
Youlden will contest the second Sydney Motorsport Park event at a minimum. Matt Campbell, who will join Andre Heimgartner in the Ned Racing #7 Ford Mustang, is also likely to have a run in the #26 entry at Sydney Motorsport Park.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/04...ionship-debut/
Old 4 Nov 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4081412)   #68
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davey is very fast, he got in there by merit. And I am not a particular fan boy. Just looking at what he has accomplished, but, yep, the but, was always coming...

He is the loosest of cannons. This has been proved over and over again. It saddens me, it really does, but he is too bloody smart for his own good it would seem.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4081421)   #69
Mixer
Veteran

Jeez if Matt Campbell goes alright Davey might be in trouble.

Does he have a gig next year? I would assume so?

Old 4 Nov 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4081472)   #70
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Supercars allowed him race last weekend, but he probably will have two shots before Bathurst, so he might be able to race there.

Betty could drive away corporates that have had to encourage staff to vaxed
Isn't it a 6 week minimum between shots plus 2 weeks after that?..... Vaccine deniers- odd lot.....
Old 4 Nov 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4081476)   #71
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Isn't it a 6 week minimum between shots plus 2 weeks after that?
No.

Both Pfizer and AstraZeneca require 2 doses to provide the best immunity. Pfizer doses are given at least 21 days apart. AstraZeneca doses can be given 4 – 12 weeks apart, but the Australian Technical Advisory Group in Immunisation recommend doses should be 12 weeks apart.

'A professor of immunology at Victoria University, Vasso Apostolopoulos, said it would be worrying if people believed reducing the interval between doses significantly lowered their protection against becoming seriously unwell.

“The dosing interval really doesn’t matter,” she said.

“People in Victoria and New South Wales shouldn’t worry that they’re not going to get as good an immune response. There’s an urgent need for them to get vaccinated right now, as soon as possible, because we need to control this.”'

There is a balancing act between getting certain proportions of the population 1st dose, a proportion 2nd dose, and how quickly you can carry out the programme.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4081492)   #72
TWRv12
Veteran

With the Delta variant you can't wait 12 weeks between doses. UK proved that. Need the second shot to be effective against Delta.

Quote:
Kelly Grove Racing has confirmed Reynolds has received one COVID-19 vaccine dose this week.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/04...cination-saga/

First shot before or after the race?
Old 4 Nov 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4081524)   #73
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Reading Betty’s anti vaxxer drivel about boycotting these 4 meetings -and now by implication Bathurst and any meeting in Victoria until the end of time-smart is one of the last adjectives you would apply to her.
Very good point - I'd forgotten that gibberish.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 22:15 (Ref:4081542)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime, it is raining in Eastern Creek...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Nov 2021, 22:58 (Ref:4081554)   #75
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Davey is very fast, he got in there by merit. And I am not a particular fan boy. Just looking at what he has accomplished, but, yep, the but, was always coming...

He is the loosest of cannons. This has been proved over and over again. It saddens me, it really does, but he is too bloody smart for his own good it would seem.
I've not thought he was smart at any point.
Bit of a pussy if anything....probably scared of the needle.
He's made me laugh over the years though