Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Nov 2020, 14:41 (Ref:4018717)   #101
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well we all have our fingers crossed for next year, but this wait for news from the ACO is worrying
Old 25 Nov 2020, 14:44 (Ref:4018719)   #102
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am so hoping, not least for you lot’s sake, it goes ahead. There are uncertain times ahead, but hopefully we’ll hear an announcement soon
Old 27 Nov 2020, 14:49 (Ref:4019089)   #103
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
So my regular two weeks of Le Mans have been cut down to one week
(not that it matters, as I'll be on the Isle of Man, watching the TT)
(not that it matters, as both won't be happening anyway)
Old 27 Nov 2020, 15:24 (Ref:4019093)   #104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Le Mans will happen.

The issue will again be whether we'll be there.....
Old 27 Nov 2020, 16:04 (Ref:4019110)   #105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
This isolation has turned you Vince you were once an optimist

The IOM is still isolating at the moment but little to no Covid there, so that might be on, another year of no TT would be a disaster for them. The 24 hours will be on in some form and we will be there
Old 27 Nov 2020, 17:13 (Ref:4019126)   #106
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got to stay flexible but positive with regards to next year.

I'm making assumptions that:
Situation is likely to get worse before it gets better.
Anything in the first four months of next year is likely behind closed doors still.
Many calendars will be backloaded again as events move to second half of the year.
The date of LM24 will move (maybe more than once) if it means fans can be there.
By next summer the vaccine, along with economic necessity, will lead to an accelerated push back to normal life.

To be honest if I was the ACO I'd be looking at an August date and would move the race right now. That way you could plan with a larger degree of certainty for a normal event.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 18:46 (Ref:4019152)   #107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I feel everything will be fine, while taking precautions

We have the vaccine coming, although it won’t be fully effective for now. Hopefully things will start to pick up next year. We have been waiting long enough. We’ll see what happens with Le Mans, it should hopefully be normal by the time of the event. It wouldn’t be the same without the fans, so it should be back to normal by then, even if it takes time
Old 27 Nov 2020, 21:34 (Ref:4019177)   #108
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
This isolation has turned you Vince you were once an optimist

The IOM is still isolating at the moment but little to no Covid there, so that might be on, another year of no TT would be a disaster for them. The 24 hours will be on in some form and we will be there
This year I could discover some free places where you can have a look to the cars !!!
Old 28 Nov 2020, 11:20 (Ref:4019237)   #109
S griffin
Veteran

Really? What have you got in mind?
Old 28 Nov 2020, 14:34 (Ref:4019256)   #110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Eric lives in Le Mans.... He knows all the 'secret' places.....
Old 29 Nov 2020, 09:42 (Ref:4019340)   #111
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
This year I could discover some free places where you can have a look to the cars !!!
Do you need this ?

Old 29 Nov 2020, 10:54 (Ref:4019352)   #112
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Now that is a socially distanced way of watching the race, were can i get one?
Old 29 Nov 2020, 11:09 (Ref:4019356)   #113
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Acme manlifts at your service. Just send your bank account details and I'll take the rental for a couple of weeks in June.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 14:11 (Ref:4019378)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

Depends if you can cut a deal with the ACO to be the crane supplier. It ain't gonna be cheap to do, but it can get you a nice view. Not for me though, I'm not one for heights if I can help it!
Old 29 Nov 2020, 14:19 (Ref:4019388)   #115
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*sigh*
Old 29 Nov 2020, 16:51 (Ref:4019473)   #116
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Much as i love the idea Peter, i suspect if i gave you my card details, you might not actually provide the service and i would somehow lose all my money. Will see you in June peter.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 17:01 (Ref:4019474)   #117
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Damn, busted.
Old 30 Nov 2020, 18:04 (Ref:4019739)   #118
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The free places I could go are totally forbidden during a normal edition.
This year we could go at the Décathlon car park, inside the Tertre rouge curve, Mmarena car park

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 7 Dec 2020, 18:57 (Ref:4021426)   #119
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not good news from France, the 2021 Paris airshow (attracts about 300k each year) has been cancelled already, but could be a reflection of the industry which is not in the best of health at the moment to be honest.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 19:00 (Ref:4021428)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Not good news from France, the 2021 Paris airshow (attracts about 300k each year) has been cancelled already, but could be a reflection of the industry which is not in the best of health at the moment to be honest.
I think that's it though, it appears to have been cancelled largely for financial reasons.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 20:19 (Ref:4021442)   #121
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well the list of 2021 events continues to grow, but so far all those i intend to attend next year are still on. Keep checking the ACO site but they are being very quiet about tickets at the moment. My membership is due soon so i expect they will contact me soon
Old 7 Dec 2020, 20:55 (Ref:4021455)   #122
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
The free places I could go are totally forbidden during a normal edition.
This year we could go at the Décathlon car park, inside the Tertre rouge curve, Mmarena car park

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk

A large part of the Decathlon car park is accessible every year. But the view is'nt great, it's too flat. Some stand on the roof of their car or van. Not sure that would help.

Gendarmerie barrier about here usually https://goo.gl/maps/x6XoxEUVQNGqGvpp7

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 7 Dec 2020 at 20:58. Reason: google streetview.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4026265)   #123
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else got the vague mail telling ticket office is opening soon?
Old 1 Jan 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4026269)   #124
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep got a new years message from the ACO that included a " ticket office opens soon, get ready"

Well here we go, lets see what happens, i just wonder how they will arrange camping and the increased social distancing.

But good news is coming

And happy new year to all on the forum
Old 1 Jan 2021, 12:55 (Ref:4026270)   #125
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed, I'm hopeful for this year. Happy new year to all on the forum.