Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Apr 2008, 23:22 (Ref:2168232)   #151
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we'll have to wait for the engine update to see the cars real potential. The new chassis/bodystyle especially improves stiffness, but as far as I have read handling isn't the problem of the Spyker. Horsepower is on the other hand, so we'll see. I for sure hope they can continue last years line!
Old 13 Apr 2008, 09:31 (Ref:2176281)   #152
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do we think of the first results of the all new C8 Laviolette GT2R? I think they did very well, although the Speedy #94 car had some bad luck.

Another big improvement in Monza?
Old 13 Apr 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2176311)   #153
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering it was basically their shakedown (a whole load of new parts on the car and not a kilometer ran before Barca) I would say they've got no reason to complain
Old 13 Apr 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2176649)   #154
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
It surely looked well in Spain. The cars seem to be sturdy.
I did still hear the magnificent low down V8 throb instead of the expected flat plane higher pitched sound.

No changing of the fireing order so far,it appears...
Old 13 Apr 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2176651)   #155
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not yet indeed
Old 20 Apr 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2182388)   #156
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
Today the Spyker Squadron tested the C8 Laviolette GT2R (nummer 94) at the ovalcircuit in Lelystad. Enjoy the pictures!

And there are also three short vid's HERE!

Strange that the front has ducktape on it!
Old 20 Apr 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2182390)   #157
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is with all the duct tape, er I mean Speed tap on the lower grill?

Guess they relized too much openings is not good for aerodynamics.

No matter THAT is a GREAT looking car.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 21:49 (Ref:2182397)   #158
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL

Guess they relized too much openings is not good for aerodynamics
What do you mean "tape"? That is the latest in aerodynamic inovation and the most advanced technology yet seen on the track!

DK
Old 20 Apr 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2182420)   #159
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

No matter THAT is a GREAT looking car.
The "racing tape" while giving an assist in the aero dept. is in this case, by the looks, being used for heat. If you notice everyone is in cold weather clothes (long sleeves, jackets etc.) with their hands in their pockets, it would appear cold.

L.P.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 23:39 (Ref:2182455)   #160
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
That is a darned pretty car! I like blue. The sponsor "Snorus" makes me laugh each time I see it, not a good name for a bank in the States, hopefully they avoided the American subprime folly.

Is this a testing and evaluation track? Not used for actual racing?

robert
Old 21 Apr 2008, 06:04 (Ref:2182551)   #161
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
That little car is absolutly beautiful .....
Old 21 Apr 2008, 09:59 (Ref:2182731)   #162
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
Is this a testing and evaluation track? Not used for actual racing?
It is indeed a test and evaluation track and not a real racetrack. But it is very close to the Spyker factory so they use it sometimes to test somethings.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2182765)   #163
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
That little car is absolutly beautiful .....
so come and see it at Monza! Just the brennerpass and a few miles away from ye!
Old 21 Apr 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2182851)   #164
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
What do you mean "tape"? That is the latest in aerodynamic inovation and the most advanced technology yet seen on the track!

DK
DOH

Did I say "tape"? I meant to say: "Aerodynamic & Speed Quick Extension Terminal Velocity Enhansment"
Old 21 Apr 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2182950)   #165
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
The "racing tape" while giving an assist in the aero dept. is in this case, by the looks, being used for heat. If you notice everyone is in cold weather clothes (long sleeves, jackets etc.) with their hands in their pockets, it would appear cold.

L.P.
This is of course correct. We see teams do it all the time, why pick up on it here?!
Old 21 Apr 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2183008)   #166
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
This is of course correct. We see teams do it all the time, why pick up on it here?!
Huh? I was responding to;
Quote:

Is that not what a '?' is for, to ask a question in expectation of an answer?

L.P.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 17:40 (Ref:2184243)   #167
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I meant everyone else jumping all over the duct tape, like they've never seen it happen before, not you responding to it.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2184255)   #168
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I meant everyone else jumping all over the duct tape, like they've never seen it happen before, not you responding to it.
Ovals & duck tape...NASCAR
Old 23 Apr 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2184874)   #169
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
SNORAS Spyker Squadron ready for Italian Le Mans Series round

SNORAS Spyker Squadron ready for Italian Le Mans Series round

After a thorough shakedown last Saturday, both Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2R's have left the manufacturers workshop in Zeewolde, the Netherlands, and are on their way towards the famous track of Monza, Italy.

This weekend SNORAS Spyker Squadron will again enter two factory backed GT2 cars in the Le Mans Series to compete in the second 1000 km race in the five-round series. Due to its high speed nature Monza is of high importance in the essential preparations for this June's 24 Hours of Le Mans. A well balanced aerodynamics setup plays a key role to finish on the podium in La Sarthe this summer and if a good setup for this weekend’s race has been found and time permits the Dutch team plans to test setups that might work well at Le Mans.

Peter van Erp, Managing Director Spyker Squadron: "I hope that this will be another good weekend for us. Our agenda is packed with three 1000 km Le Mans Series races before the 24 Hours of Le Mans and its official test-day in June but fortunately we managed to clear the list of To-Do's that we brought back from Barcelona after completing our very first race with the two new C8 Laviolette's. Last Saturday we successfully finalized several functional tests at the RDW test track in Lelystad, the Netherlands, and I can confidently say that some of the startup problems we have experienced in Spain are eliminated. Therefore I think we will have much more valuable time to work on the setup for the race and if we have sufficient time left we will test some setups for Le Mans".

The team will bring two Laviolette GT2R's to the start in Milan, both with an upgraded radiator exit duct. The new exit duct results in a more effective radiator air-flow but will also improve the down force on the front axle.

The C8 number 85 will be driven by Russian Alexey Vasiliev, Ralf Kelleners from Germany and Scotsman Peter Dumbreck. Peter Dumbreck will join the team from Saturday morning on due to test obligations in Japan. For the second car, the Swiss dealer car with number 94, it will be their home race. The car will be piloted by Milan born Andrea Chiesa and Swiss Benjamin Leuenberger.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2184996)   #170
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
BIG thanks to AX Lover for his great link to the Lelystad test.

Old 23 Apr 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2185176)   #171
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
No thanks
Old 23 Apr 2008, 20:03 (Ref:2185183)   #172
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
You of to the Spa LMS race or Le Mans AX ?
Old 23 Apr 2008, 20:49 (Ref:2185237)   #173
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
Wasn't planning anything at the moment
But who knows
Old 23 Apr 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2185247)   #174
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
We'll be going to the LMS on Sunday the 11th. We'll leave from the city of Utrecht 'round nine in the morning with a group of some ten peeps. You're most welcome to join us. The entrance fee is a laughable 30 euro's.

We visit LM too,but it's a bit late to organize tickets for that one...
Old 24 Apr 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2185716)   #175
KingThomas
Rookie

KingThomas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT four, I would like to come to, is that possible? I'm living next to station Utrecht.