Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 28 May 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3906603)   #351
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
The P40 & P51 were from the Commerative Air Force. You can reach them to inquire about the specific plane. They have a few based on their website.
Maybe we're saying the same thing...see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Any one know if the silver / yellow Mustang in the flypast was Ferocious Frankie. Lived in the UK for many years and a regular flyer at Goodwood Revival but sold to Turkey a couple of years back. Only got a quick glimpse on the tv
American Air Force Heritage were the ones that put on the flyover
https://www.airforceheritageflight.o...ianapolis-500/

here's their planes:
https://www.airforceheritageflight.org/planes

The P-51 there isn't Ferocious Frankie, but I can't find a good photo of the formation from Sunday. Also, I can't find American Heritage listed on the still flying P-51 pages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That flyover was badass, however! A-10, F-18 and 2 WWII Fighters. BADEFFINGASS
So it was an F-16 (not 18), in my excitement...I know someone here is disappointed.
Old 28 May 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3906605)   #352
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
The LeMans incident between Bourdais and Martin Short was in 2004. S. B. Was in a Courage and M.S. was in a Dallara. That was Sportscars...
Old 28 May 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3906608)   #353
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Maybe we're saying the same thing...see below
Well, NO, I was being wrong I think
Old 28 May 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3906609)   #354
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
here's their planes:
https://www.airforceheritageflight.org/planes

The P-51 there isn't Ferocious Frankie, but I can't find a good photo of the formation from Sunday. Also, I can't find American Heritage listed on the still flying P-51 pages...

Thanks - I found the heritage flight website ... will try and find the video of the flyover.
Old 28 May 2019, 21:51 (Ref:3906614)   #355
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The LeMans incident between Bourdais and Martin Short was in 2004. S. B. Was in a Courage and M.S. was in a Dallara. That was Sportscars...
Thank you.

Now I see. Short was hit at or around lap 230, so I figger that woulda' been a naptime as it was past (I presume, 379 being the total) half way (I estimate about 14 hours in).

jimclark
Old 28 May 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3906618)   #356
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, looks like they used P51 Bald Eagle B7 E whereas Frankie is B7 H - I knew it was close !

Oh and on the Bourdais matter ... we said 60/40 his fault in this house FWIW
Old 28 May 2019, 23:37 (Ref:3906622)   #357
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
On the LeMans 2004 incidents, it was hour 15 & 16. S.B. bangs M.S. rear wheel and dumps him in gravel at Dunlap. Then at 7:20 when entering Porsche curves the right rear suspension of the Rollcentre Dallara fails and M.S. had a big shunt.

It is in the DSC archives.

S.B. didn't show any sort of contrition when interviewed.

Probably discussed at the time in the Sportscar forum...
Old 29 May 2019, 00:19 (Ref:3906627)   #358
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Some research is in order as I recollect another Bourdais at Le Mans.....it couldn't possibly be him?
Patrick Bourdais? That's Sébastian's father. They never drove for the same team, but there were a few occasions when they both competed at Le Mans.
Old 29 May 2019, 00:23 (Ref:3906628)   #359
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
First I've ever heard of bourdais being dirty. I view him as far from it. I saw more from the interview after he left the infield medical center than y'all did I guess. He mentioned backing out or giving more room, then visibly looked shaken and like he was choking up as he said "I didn't want go see how that would have went" or something tonthat effect. Sounded like he was afraid if he stayed any higher he was gonna end up in the wall and maybe some bad memories got to him right then. Seems like a racing deal, and a guy with a bad wreck at that track in the back of his mind.

I love pagenaud. Been a fan ever since he was Deferran's "secret weapon" in alms. Also sat next to him at a seafood restaurant in Sebring florida one Friday evening before the 12 hours! Have pulled for him all along. Was worried penske was too close to dumping him, which seemed ridiculous, but this should solidify him in the team. He's brought the same as power and something Newgarden hasn't yet. Dont know what else he has to prove to show he deserves that ride until he retires, or gets the sports car treatment like helio.

Anyone else constantly think of Talladega nights with him, though? Lol.

Wish I could catch races live every once in a while and participate in the threads, but never works out and since they actually televise every hour of le mans now, I'll be woefully behind soon enough. But love reading through and posting when I can too.
Old 29 May 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3906772)   #360
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bourdais does get into a few incidents. Obviously there was no malice in his incident and it's a shame what happened

Pageneud deserves that win. He beat everyone using speed and intelligence. It's nice he repaid the faith Penske kept in him too. I sort of see what the above post meant about Talledega nights though

Also good driving by Rossi, I believe he has the talent to go well in other series and shame Herta didn't get far. He has the talent to go a long way in the future though
Old 29 May 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3906828)   #361
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, Zak Brown truly is clueless. I keep trying to not want to dismiss him but then he talks and it's impossible.

From Racer: “I think it’s highly unlikely we’ll be in IndyCar full-time next year,” Brown told RACER. “As enthusiastic as I am for IndyCar, given where we are in Formula 1, given what we just went through at Indy, I’d like to see us go back to Indy and get that right as a next step instead of totally jumping in. So I think it’s highly unlikely we’re in IndyCar full-time in 2020.”

Brown has also ruled out any further IndyCar entries this season despite having both a car and Alonso available, although he says that the team’s experiences over the past few weeks have reinforced the value of running additional races in the lead-up to next year’s 500.

“Could we do races before Indy next year in preparation? Yeah, that’s something we’ve spoken about,” he said. “So that will be all part of the thinking. Had we got into the show, we missed all the pit stop practice. We were practicing over the months in the race shop and things like that, but Thursday was the pit stop practice day, and we missed that. So we would have gone into Indy cold.

“So one of things we’ve discussed, we’ve started to throw around that we should have done the road race. Even though it wouldn’t have taught us anything about the set-up of the car, operationally it was good practice. So definitely not this year, but probably if we go back to Indy, doing a race or two in preparation for Indy feels like good preparation.”

Really, you think you can perfect the 500 before trying other events? Listen to other teams and the hinting that you should have tried at least the road course event for practice just actually running the car. Might have had the steering wheel and suspension settings BEFORE Indy 500 practice began. McLaren used to be the epitome of racing preparation and a Penske-like level but now it seems like they think the Keystone Kops was inspirational TV.
Old 29 May 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3906829)   #362
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's why I suggested that Alonso should be looking for a full-time Indy ride if he wants the triple. Drop McLaren - they are clearly not up to the task. There will be someone on the grid who would take Alonso for a full-time drive.
Old 30 May 2019, 01:15 (Ref:3906865)   #363
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's why I suggested that Alonso should be looking for a full-time Indy ride if he wants the triple. Drop McLaren - they are clearly not up to the task. There will be someone on the grid who would take Alonso for a full-time drive.
It will be TOUGH without bringing some cash. Most of the top teams are at capacity, Penske isn't expanding, CGR maybe but he still needs money to run what he has now, Andretti could but again cash plays, the rest ECR has drivers and gets enough cash to let Ed play too, SPM doesn't have the space and sponsor loves the makeup now, RLL only if Sato leaves, Carlin couldn't get but one driver in the field so, Coyne always has space but again needs money to run. And it's not like McLaren went in to the race with sponsors on every panel. This he could find some but it doesn't seem like he's interested in that side
Old 30 May 2019, 06:14 (Ref:3906881)   #364
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe he could raise some money by making Kimoa pricing more realistic and selling more...
Old 30 May 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3906944)   #365
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Saw this article this morning and figured it could be shared here. I had no idea it was that thick!

Here's What 108 Years of Indianapolis Motor Speedway Repaving Looks Like
https://blog.caranddriver.com/seven-...rom-the-track/
Old 30 May 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3906995)   #366
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so just got back from Indy last night...what an amazing experience!!!

place was all that it was hyped up to be, weather turned out to be even better, people were great (sitting behind a couple who had 80 freaking years of Indy 500s races between them!!!), and the race had one of the best endings i have ever had a chance to see live.

was able to watch the TV broadcast the following day so i get some of the comments about a lack of action for the most part of the race. not much happened until the first round of stops and pit lane incidents while dramatic dont really make for good racing...but what an end!

im guilty of doing this as well but just got a refresher course in that TV has a tendency to make things boring. feeling the roar of the engines and the crowd, the smells, the sights with your own eyes, the cheap hot dog and cold beer in your hand...TV really does miss a lot of what makes events like this special!

had great seats (so that helped) but didnt really take any pictures because i was busy watching (and eating hot dogs), and talking up my neighbours....none of whom could hear the infield commentator and none had rented one of those track audio devices.

if something happened you had to figure it out or listen to the person sitting next to you...fortunately all those around me had great knowledge and enthusiasm. they were the best commentators one could hope for!

of the few pics i did take this one was the best. quality is terrible (cell phone plus i suck at pictures) but i think it still did capture Rossi's disappointment at a job not finished
Attached Thumbnails
rossi post indy 500.jpg  
Old 30 May 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3907003)   #367
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately I missed everything and I am completely out of the loop, as I had a major operation last Saturday, however, I do know Pagenaud won, repeating Power's wins at the Indy Grand Prix and at Indy

I see the Fastforward is up on the IndyCar YouTube site, so the full race shoiuld be up in a couple of days.
Old 30 May 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3907006)   #368
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
major surgery!

hope the recovery is going well!
Old 30 May 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3907012)   #369
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

I see the Fastforward is up on the IndyCar YouTube site, so the full race shoiuld be up in a couple of days.

I don't think that will happen. The new NBC TV contract prohibits full race broadcasts from being uploaded on official youtube channels. Gone are the days of ABC/ESPN not giving a toss.

Sadly, the fast forward is the best we are going to get.
Old 30 May 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3907021)   #370
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
major surgery!

I had a mitral valve replacement but I'm healing nicely.
Old 30 May 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3907041)   #371
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
I had mitral valve repair a couple of years ago, so voice of some experience: things get better. That feeling a truck is parked on your chest goes away, and not dreading sneezing or laughing goes away too, and you can laugh again.

Get better!
Old 31 May 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3907101)   #372
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
All the best, bjs.

Last edited by jimclark; 31 May 2019 at 06:48. Reason: mispost

jimclark
Old 31 May 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3907164)   #373
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Get well soon! My son just had Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) ablation. Not quite major, but heart stuff nonetheless.

Again, get well soon!
Old 31 May 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3907179)   #374
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
major surgery!

Quote:
That feeling a truck is parked on your chest goes away, and not dreading sneezing or laughing goes away too, and you can laugh again.

Get better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
All the best, bjs.
Quote:
Again, get well soon!
Yes, all of the above BJ. Get well soon!
Old 31 May 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3907192)   #375
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I had mitral valve repair a couple of years ago, so voice of some experience: things get better. That feeling a truck is parked on your chest goes away, and not dreading sneezing or laughing goes away too, and you can laugh again.

Get better!