Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Jan 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2610264)   #326
Leroy Boyce
Rookie

Leroy Boyce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
yeh are u gona get a corner named after you....or at least the patch of track that was ripped up LOL....could call it leroy's or boscy's LOL
Old 9 Jan 2010, 04:20 (Ref:2610319)   #327
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I haven't seen it fly but I have walked through the cargo hold when it was on display at Fairford a few years ago. It has to be seen to be believed, it's huge!
214s are regular visitors to EMA. They work around the DHL depot. TH
here is often one on the ground and their take-off noise is quite distinctive. Also they tend not to climb much as they disappear.

The 224 is a rare visitor - about once every 2 years recently. It flew in in October (iirc), from Canada and left a couple of days later heading, empty, heading for its base. I caught a glimpse of it taking off. It's a wonder it flies at all imo.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 06:07 (Ref:2610337)   #328
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
214s are regular visitors to EMA. They work around the DHL depot. TH
here is often one on the ground and their take-off noise is quite distinctive. Also they tend not to climb much as they disappear.

The 224 is a rare visitor - about once every 2 years recently. It flew in in October (iirc), from Canada and left a couple of days later heading, empty, heading for its base. I caught a glimpse of it taking off. It's a wonder it flies at all imo.
I'm sure we are referring to the same aircraft but isn't it the 225? just need a couple of goals and you could have a football match inside it!
Old 9 Jan 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2610383)   #329
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember many moons ago when I was in teh ATC some Yank reckoned a guy had flown a tony plane through a Galaxy!!

He had pictures and this was before Photoshop!!
Old 9 Jan 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2610605)   #330
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I'm sure we are referring to the same aircraft but isn't it the 225? just need a couple of goals and you could have a football match inside it!
You're right - my typo. An-225 Mriya.

It is impressively large even when glimpsed at a distance.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2610685)   #331
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I bet you say that to all the girls!
Old 10 Jan 2010, 02:33 (Ref:2610809)   #332
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I bet you say that to all the girls!

I would be happier of they were saying that me ...
Old 13 Jan 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2612860)   #333
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any petition to be signed at the Autosport show?
Old 13 Jan 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2612871)   #334
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Any petition to be signed at the Autosport show?
aparently bubble and squeek race team will have a porsche for fans to sign.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 09:53 (Ref:2613191)   #335
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry, perhaps I did not say that very well, I was thinking that someone may be organising a "Save Donington" petition
Old 14 Jan 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2613258)   #336
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington hope to make a decision on a new leaseholder by the end of January - BBC article.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2613271)   #337
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Sorry, perhaps I did not say that very well, I was thinking that someone may be organising a "Save Donington" petition
Lee Boyce has already established the support meet on 7th March, the Save Donington Facebook site and a Save Donongton website.....all with plenty of support....I think the boy's done well - it doesn't need support fragmenting by another petition.....

And as said, there are positive vibes coming from young Mr Wheatcroft....I'm cautiously optimistic!
Old 14 Jan 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2613304)   #338
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dr Palmers view on the Donington saga :-

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80869
Old 14 Jan 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2613327)   #339
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very forthright and sensible statement too. Sums up pretty well what we all thought. To commence on damaging the infrastructure without having the means to finish or repair it should be treated as criminal damage in my view.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2613336)   #340
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

As I have said for years, Palmer would be the best possible thing for Donington in all sorts of ways. However, there are one or two other excellent possibilities which might happen.

It would have been nice to have had an announcement at the Autosport show but time too short, I guess.

Regards

Jim
Old 15 Jan 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2613809)   #341
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good, sensible, comments from JP; I can't think of a better leaseholder. BARC would also be good but I don't think they would be able to put in as much money as quickly as MSV could.
As the Wheatcrofts have the pedigree in the building trade perhaps some form of quid pro quo arrangement could assist whoever gets the lease?
Old 15 Jan 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2613932)   #342
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
yeh jp would be good...id still love to see the new infield loop being built!!!!
Old 16 Jan 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2614246)   #343
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
So, tonight's Leicester Mercury Newspaper is reporting that Donington Ventures leisure went bust owing a number of local businesses loads of money.

Including £139,000 to Leicestershire Police and £83,000 to St John's Ambulance (which I believe to be a charity!)

So, not only has the scumbag ruined a lovely circuit and dashed a lot of motor sport fans dreams, he's left loads of people seriously out of pocket.

I wonder how well of Mr Gillett is personally?

The story can be viewed on-line here: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...l/article.html)
Old 16 Jan 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2614249)   #344
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's the betting the police get paid first.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2614265)   #345
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
They certainly have the most chance of finding the little ****! Can you imagine.....all points bulletin, aprehend and throw down the stairs.......
Old 16 Jan 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2614269)   #346
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it was me I would get the idiot, and put him in the stocks

How can people get away with this kind of rubbish

The man should be found, held to account tried and imprisoned, He has ruined a place, forced countless people into redundancy and proved himself to be wholly incapable of paying his debts or running any kind of business.

In a criminal court I am sure that could be proved fraud or negligence of some kind?
Old 16 Jan 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2614270)   #347
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
None. (But I know you were )

Secured creditors will get paid first (i.e. those with a charge or mortgage over some of the assets). Doubt if there are many of those in this case.

Then the administrators.

Then the employees get redundancy/wages up to a point.

Then everyone else shares what's left.

Considering the debts/assets which DVLL had, I'd be surprised if anybody in the third category gets anything.

Regards

Jim
Old 16 Jan 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2614282)   #348
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
None. (But I know you were )

Secured creditors will get paid first (i.e. those with a charge or mortgage over some of the assets). Doubt if there are many of those in this case.

Then the administrators.

Then the employees get redundancy/wages up to a point.

Then everyone else shares what's left.

Considering the debts/assets which DVLL had, I'd be surprised if anybody in the third category gets anything.

Regards

Jim
Ofcourse that's what is meant to happen Jim,
but I'm still willing to bet the little s--t will pay the police first.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2614284)   #349
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
As above, but.........

Good Morning, Sir.
Is This Your Car? (have you noticed how the Police Speak With All Capital Letters?)
Just A Routine Stop, Sir. Again.

Nice Car. Wouldn't Like To See It Damaged, Would We, Sir? May I See Your Insurance Documents? Please? Yes, Again.

No Problem, Sir, The Station Will Be Fine. I'm So Sorry, Sir, Llandudno Is The Nearest Station That Can Inspect Your Documents.

You Haven't Been Drinking, Have You, Sir? Really? You Were Breathalysed Yesterday, Were You Sir? Well, Well. Can't Be Too Careful, Can We Sir?

Etc.etc. In other words, if he was me I'd take great care to travel by train.

John
Old 16 Jan 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2614294)   #350
Farbrooke
Racer

Farbrooke has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Ofcourse that's what is meant to happen Jim,
but I'm still willing to bet the little s--t will pay the police first.
He will have nothing to do with it now - all the liquidators headache - hopefully he will have a guarantee on his house which the bank manager can claim - that said the brainless way they have been doing business of late they probaly didn't bother in this instance