Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 10 May 2000, 09:06 (Ref:8283)   #1
Gerard Hodges
Rookie

Gerard Hodges should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I own a BMW 325 i Grp A touring car .My car was built in Australia by JPS team BMW using Linder parts .The car won the better brakes Amscar series at Amaroo park Sydney in 1986 driven by Tony Longhurst. It also finished 4th 1986 Aust touring car champs. the car then came to New Zealand where it was driven by Denny Hulme,Tony Longhurst,Paul Radisch and others it has since been restored to its JPS black colour scheme I am wanting to know if there is a Grp A association or web site that covers this era of touring car racing. I am also looking for team Linder web site i think they run Honda 2Litre tourers now..
Regards
Gerry Hodges
New Zealand
Old 10 May 2000, 10:22 (Ref:8284)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know the answer I'm afraid, but I wanted to congratulate you.

You are a lucky man. I remember those cars, and they did look SOOOO good in that livery. Good to know that it's being looked after.
Old 12 May 2000, 03:07 (Ref:8285)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gerard, there is a Group C Touring Car Association here in Australia, they allow early model Group A cars to race with them to bolster the small fields. I can get their details if you wish. For something closer to home, try NZs motorsport governing body, they should have a list of all NZ clubs and their contact details.