Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Nov 2001, 08:22 (Ref:169548)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GP3 setup fine tuning

Hmm...having played GP3-2000, re-edited for 2001, for quite some time, and fiddling with the set ups, i have a couple of problems which i hope some of you can help.

1) In Monaco, the 180degree hair pin, when i was turning, there are smoke from my inside front (front left) wheel. How do i cure it?

2) At Hockenheim, In a Mclaren with DC as a teammate, i am 0.2 sec slower for the first 2 sectors each, yet 0.8s faster at the twisty section. The same happens in British GP, where i am way faster in the last section, but slower in the first 2. Japan GP, i am slower in the first and third section by quite some margin, but could make it all up (a gap of 0.8) in the 2nd (at the hairpin).

This is just a few of the niggling problems that object me to have a real simulation racing with the AI. I tried to set up my car to that of the PC, while accomodating to my driving style. I tried other people's set up, but they are not too realistic (for example, in a Prost, i can having a top speed as high as the Mclaren in Italy). IE i tuned my gear changes to mirror that of my team mates car. Just want to cure these things...and wonder if you guys can help~
Old 4 Nov 2001, 09:04 (Ref:169560)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Gt_R. I'm not sure how close to reality you are going to get. I am currently running as DC's team mate at McLaren. I started off a season in novice mode (seemed a good idea). I have won 6 of the first 9 GPs (full distance) and have been on pole for the last 7 races. I am outqualifying the second placed car on the grid by an average of 2-3 seconds on tracks I have not tried before half an hour or so on the Friday or Saturday practice. I am using downloaded set-ups, where the most noticeable effect is how low the cars run. I am scraping the "plank" to nothing (it turns red) within 2 laps of qualifying. Two of the races I won (Imola and Silverstone), I lapped the entire field with ease.

I also notice that I tend to be much faster than the other cars in and out of slow corners, but lose speed elsewhere. For example, I am incredibly quick on the power out of the last corner onto the straight at Silverstone, but lose time exiting Becketts onto the straight down to Stowe.

I don't think it's possible to achieve the degree of realism we would like, but I will certainly be cranking up the difficulty after I have finished this season.

(I have terrible trouble with the hairpin at Monaco!!!).

Old 4 Nov 2001, 10:17 (Ref:169588)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi...

i re-edited the performance of the car and drivers using a 2001 carset i downloaded from Alphaf1.com. I run the game at ace mode, but kept 2 drivers aids on, traction and gearshift, simply because my steering wheel set has a faulty brake pedal, and using a keyboard, it's terribly hard to feed in the power or feather the throttle.

Using GP3-edit, the approx rating i gave Juan Pablo Montoya in a BMW is Driver Race: 16400 and Car Race: 850bhp. The gap in the race is pretty realistic to real F1, with Alex ALWAYS bringing up the rear approx 4.2s behind. And because i made the gears to match that of my team mate, and trying my best to make my set up perform around the AI (eg, not overly fast around corners), there is NO WAY i could ever out qualify the 2 Ferraris and BMWs using a Sauber.

I tried a full race distance season..and gave up after Spain. It's so tiring...and driving a Jordan running as Trulli's teammate, while i could match him, i couldnt even touch the Ferrari of Michael. He finished Brazil 40s ahead of me! Which means... after spending hours...i only walk away with a couple of points...

The only hope i have at overtaking the first 2 cars, while qualifying the Jordan around 6th or 7th, is to cut them at the start...but boy, they are at my tail and i have to defend like crazy...going way off line and having lock brakes just to not have them nudge my ass...its real cool tense stuff for 10mins of excitement...but 1 hr is really tough....
Old 4 Nov 2001, 20:26 (Ref:169825)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmmm. You're (rightly) taking the realism a bit further than I have managed yet - but then again, I've only been playing it for a couple of months. I have done all of the full race distances in my season so far (10 races), except for Monaco, where I gave up and stomped back to the pits - tired of insufficient lock for that bloody hairpin. I don't use any aids though. I have an excellent wheel (Logitech Wingman - yellow), which performs brilliantly.

Alpha have some excellent downloads, don't they?
Old 5 Nov 2001, 11:21 (Ref:170100)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Hey Guys, magnificent game is'nt it

GTR, the hairpin prob can be solved by adjusting the steering. I can't remember how this is done, but, I found out about it from the forum at alfa, so they can help you for sure.

As for the time variance, it is most likely you are running more wing than the cc. You can copy the cc set up (wing and gears) to make it a little fairer.

Hope this helps
Old 11 Nov 2001, 06:16 (Ref:173143)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Thanks Wrex...i'd give it a shot after my exams...

Can i copy my setup to the com instead? Its strange...but in some corners, they are so (in Michelin boss speak) impossibly fast...but in some corners...they are so slow. In Belgium, the twisty bits, i could gain up to 0.6s in just the 2nd sector compared to Jarno trulli in the same Jordan, yet, he took the gap back while exiting the bus stop...somehow, i just can't seem to tackle the exit of bus stop at their speed...

Theres just quite plently of setup problems i've got to cure... but i guess i'd do it still nevertheless...since they can be used as a reference in GP4...hehheh
Old 11 Nov 2001, 10:37 (Ref:173199)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Gt_R, you can alter CC setup with a number of programs, the best being GP3 Master. However you can only change wings and gears.

Some of what your saying cannot be changed, but like all teams, you have to accept that some tracks are good to you, and some are not. Now thats realism.

Good luck with your exams
Old 21 Nov 2001, 01:34 (Ref:177089)   #8
mindprobe
Rookie

mindprobe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
steering setup

in the controls section go to the advanced part, and there you can change max degree value, with that you can make your wheels turn more, also you might want to change the reduce with car speed value, if you put less % your car will turn more at higher speeds, and you can alson change the steering help % start with 90, then 80, etc or if you already are used to play without f8 then you won't need to that, this will make your car less stuck to the best line.

hope it helps, by the way i'm doing a new track for the game, Tripoli, a high speed track.

cheers!