Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Apr 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1286948)   #1
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jurgen van den Goorbergh dummy spit?

Apparenty Jurgen van den Goorbergh spat the dummy big time after QP1 of the supersports, refused to take any further part in the meeting and has now left(??) the LMS Ducati team.

Apparently he is unable to find a setup with which he can be competative. Lanzi seemed to be able get some decent results with the bike last year.

This seems like very poor form to me and I have to wonder whether any future team would be willing to hire him. To leave a team mid season is one thing, but to leave in the middle of a race meeting is a bit precious. (IMHO)
Old 25 Apr 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1287091)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm, not really professional behaviour is it?
But I guess he'll be fine, as he can blame it on the typical Dutch 'straight-forwardness'!
Old 25 Apr 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1287130)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange career he has had, not so long ago he was on pole for GPs etc with the world at his fate and then he bailed out to World Supersports (why not Superbikes, strange decision). Any insights/ideas?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1287223)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Jurgen's reaction on his website:

Quote:
Valencia - press release
23 april 2005
With pain in my hart, I have to announce today that SLM Racing and I are parting our ways.

The Ducati has proven not be a bike for me; a great looking girlfriend doesn’t necessarily make a great wife….
The Ducati is a great looking bike but the regulations make it impossible for me to make this bike into a winners bike.

SLM Racing and I have started the project in good faith and with lots of positive thoughts but things have not lived up to my expectations. We had problems we could not solve and a bike I do not feel comfortable with. The team has been supportive and I feel sorry for them but continuing is only going to make things worse.

This does not mean the end of my racing career – I am confident for the future and will work hard towards another few years in my racing career.

Jurgen
Old 26 Apr 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1287767)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am afraid Jurgen has always had a fatal flaw in his riding and that is that he can only ride one way!
The only reason he used to et poles was that he uses so much corner speed that he just buggers up tyres in a few laps, has always been teh case!
He also is hopeless in traffic because of this, he can win, but only if he gets out in front from the start, otherwise his style just prevents him from being able to battle through like a more adapyable rider.
I like the guy actually and he is not a quitter, just presumably the team will not change things for him and he has left, can understand that to be honest.
#Reminds me a bit of Crafar aswell in that if everything is perfect he can beat any rider alive!!
Old 27 Apr 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1288325)   #6
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't be all bad, he's replacing Tamada in China this weekend...
Old 27 Apr 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1288375)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Blimey that is shock news, can't get on with a 749 yet they think all of a sudden he is going to be able to ride an RCV!
THey must know something we dont. Seems also that Mr Hoffmann wont be back and the Kwak team are gonna replace him with Olivier Jacque!
Is quite sad that someone like Eckl isnt prepared to take a risk with an exciting yougner talent rather than a has been who cant ride 4 strokes and hasnt ridden a bike competitively for years!
How about giving someone like Neukirchner or Walker a chance? I know they are doing WSB but they both have links to Kawasaki and Germany! Seems a kop out to me, but i guess contracts are binding
Old 27 Apr 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1288378)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vd Goorbergh replacing Tamada?
In MotoGP?

Why??
Old 27 Apr 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1288382)   #9
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tamada has a broken bone in his wrist, so I think it's only a one off...
Old 27 Apr 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1288385)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

Thank God...
I was starting to worry there for a minute...
Old 27 Apr 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1288717)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting theory there chunder - "Hello PSG, it's Kawasaki here. You've spent a lot of moeny on runnign our bike without our support, you've given us a lot of positive promotion already into the progress, so we're goign to reward you by stealing your rider". Do you think that would work?

Seeing Jacque alongside Nakano again will be interesting. It certainly seems like a better choice than JvdG, whose riding style doesn't suit MotoGP and who surely doesn't have the inherent talent to get the job done. Then again, there aren't many options out there really, they could've seconded Ukawa from the factory on a short-term basis though.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1288740)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
they could've seconded Ukawa from the factory on a short-term basis though.
He will drive for Moriwaki.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1288867)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I ca tell you PSG have spent bugger all on that bike actually, how can ou tell! Coz the other rider is nowhere, its Chris doing all the work! Imeant only as a one off though!
Also yo can tellthey get no money from Kwak coz there is no reen on the bike!!
I just find it a bit annoying that these guys wont take a risk ad put someoe interestin on bikes wen there are injuries. Jacque has been useless on four strokes! Ukawa would be better b he is not tat great but he is contracted o Moriwaki (for is sins)
Old 28 Apr 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1289210)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
psg bike needs to be green
Old 1 May 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1290909)   #15
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Credit where credit is due. A great ride from Jurgen today. Congratulations!
Old 1 May 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1290919)   #16
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacque second on the Kawasaki - even madder!
Old 1 May 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1291139)   #17
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YES!!!

Go Jacques!!!
Chunder i think you should be eating your hat right about now!!

Go Green Or Go Home
Old 1 May 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1291142)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Off-topic, but a Kawasaki painted anything toehr than green just doesn't look or feell right.

Great ride from Jurgen today. I know Honda had a bike advantage, but he still beat 3 other Hondas, coming from the back of the grid (admittedly he was at the back fo the grid because his qualifying effort was rubbish - actually so was most of his dry runnning all weekend). Maybe Konica will stump up for a second bike once Makoto is fit again?
Old 1 May 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1291146)   #19
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off-Topic, Hopefully Kawasaki will take on OJ and move Hoffmann to 3rd rider

(obviously not a hoffmann fan.........)
Old 10 May 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1297726)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Hat well and trul eaten guys, no one was more suprised than me. But in m defence! New track for ever rider, wet conditions always make the differences more equal.
And Jacque has had recent experience hasnt he, but fair play to them both, they rode total blinders. But I will be even more impressed if they can get top sixes at a hot Mugello!
Old 14 Aug 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1381993)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Jurgen vd Goorbergh will race for the British Rizla-Suzuki team at the Superbike races at Assen. The ride is made possible by Rizla Holland and Suzuki Holland. Source: www.vdgoorbergh.com
Old 14 Aug 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1382087)   #22
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be interesting to see how Rizla Suzuki do in WSBK, Im hoping for a strong result providing Jurgen vd Goorbergh is up to the job. Is this just a one off, or are Rizla Suzuki entering WSBK on a full time basis? Nothing on their website about this yet unfortunatly.
Old 14 Aug 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1382157)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
It's a one off.

Vd Goorbergh is hoping to do Superbike in 2006.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1385460)   #24
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Rizla have a huge marketing empire in Holland, remember a lot of the teams and riders racing from over there have come across to GP with Rizla backing, obviously sell a lot of fag papers in Holland, I wonder why!!
Old 18 Aug 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1385579)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
obviously sell a lot of fag papers in Holland, I wonder why!!