Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Sep 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3926453)   #326
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Yeah, this exactly. I can't see WSR losing BMW, especially since it's highly likely they'll be 1-2 in the championship this year, and the only other brand under the BMW umbrella is Rolls-Royce.

So I struggle to see how WSR are going to get a BMW / Mini brand on the grid unless they get WSR to build a couple new 330s.
The Ghost is based on a 5 series so maybe that’s it.Couldne expensive if they rear end another car. !
Old 8 Sep 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3926564)   #327
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
The Ghost is based on a 5 series so maybe that’s it.Couldne expensive if they rear end another car. !
based on 7 series
Old 8 Sep 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3926585)   #328
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
based on 7 series
Pity probably make it a non starter then
Old 8 Sep 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3926588)   #329
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Pity probably make it a non starter then
Not sure how it'd look with an NGTC bodykit stuck on!
Old 9 Sep 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3926883)   #330
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
those "old" cars surelly did it for AMD

why new cars when those FK2 are tried and proved time and time again

If everyone thought that we'd have no new models.

Why not build your own car if you can? Surely the potential rewards are greater?
Old 9 Sep 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3926885)   #331
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Fair point! I'd not realised that there wasn't a 4 door 2. BMW seem to have a billion variations of most models... 2 series excepted!
There is a 4dr 'coupe' being developed for the new gen.... https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fir...ies-gran-coupe
Old 9 Sep 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3926908)   #332
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Do BMW beat all their cars with the ugly stick these days?
Old 9 Sep 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3926912)   #333
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Do BMW beat all their cars with the ugly stick these days?
Yes. Often twice just to make sure.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3926967)   #334
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
And roll them off a cliff. And just to be sure get a fat man to bounce up and down on them afterwards.

Moose tooled is how I describe them.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3927119)   #335
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shedden to return next season in the new Team Dynamics Audi A3 and Blundell in the third WSR car.

Jordan will be on the grid.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3927139)   #336
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
Shedden to return next season in the new Team Dynamics Audi A3 and Blundell in the third WSR car.

Prediction, speculation or confirmation?

It would be a bit of a surprise to see Dynamics move to the Audi while the FK8 is only two seasons old? I'm guessing it would be the A3 Saloon, with the Sportback being nearly 100mm too short?
Old 10 Sep 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3927150)   #337
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Blundell in the third WSR car.
Oh I hope not...
Old 10 Sep 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3927161)   #338
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blundell in the third WSR car? What a waste of a seat that would be! I'd rather see WSR scale back to two cars than having a third car strolling on the rear of the grid. Btw, Blundell said if he's not making any progress, he won't be in the BTCC in 2020 so I think his performance is enough to call time on his BTCC journey.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3927178)   #339
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Blundell in the third WSR car? What a waste of a seat that would be! I'd rather see WSR scale back to two cars than having a third car strolling on the rear of the grid. Btw, Blundell said if he's not making any progress, he won't be in the BTCC in 2020 so I think his performance is enough to call time on his BTCC journey.
They shud of given it to Jack Gough.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3927180)   #340
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Jack Goff was relying on Eurotech staying. It’s a good job he was able to secure something with HARD
Old 10 Sep 2019, 15:15 (Ref:3927183)   #341
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think Jack Goff was relying on Eurotech staying. It’s a good job he was able to secure something with HARD
Agreed - there's no way Goffs budget (or more accurately - lack of budget) would stretch to a WSR seat. Last time he was at WSR he had picked up Priaulx's IHG sponsorship after Priaulx jumped ship to the Ford GT team.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3927187)   #342
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shedden to return next season in the new Team Dynamics Audi A3
Wait, what?
Old 10 Sep 2019, 18:13 (Ref:3927208)   #343
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I have yet to hear any news about Shedden coming back
Old 10 Sep 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3927218)   #344
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Is this just a guess? or was this another one from your "usually reliable source" who said Mat Jackson was going to be in the BTC Norlin car this year and James Cole and Mike Epps were due to take the last 2 places on the grid?

Last edited by btccbloke; 10 Sep 2019 at 18:57.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3927229)   #345
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As already said I'd be very surprised to see Blundell back next year. From what I've heard he wasn't expected back after Croft.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3927236)   #346
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Prediction, speculation or confirmation?

It would be a bit of a surprise to see Dynamics move to the Audi while the FK8 is only two seasons old? I'm guessing it would be the A3 Saloon, with the Sportback being nearly 100mm too short?
Just a couple of predictions, based on things that have happened during the course of the season. We won’t see Blundell in a FWD car again I very much doubt and WSR have a third car which in some ways is “disposable” and Blundell May feel he could do better in a RWD car and has the backing to make it happen. If it doesn’t, I can’t see him wanting to be on the grid again.

Honda’s manufacturer backing will be coming to an end before too long. Shedden really wants a BTCC return, so if you add all the things into the mix there’s a “rumour” to be found in there.

And I’d be really surprised if Jordan doesn’t find a place on the grid somewhere, but that’s purely my feeling.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 21:53 (Ref:3927247)   #347
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And I’d be really surprised if Jordan doesn’t find a place on the grid somewhere, but that’s purely my feeling.
When it comes to this, even AJ himself doesn't believe he'll be on the grid next year and probably is making concrete plans for 2020 elsewhere. He said his chances are very slim, he even claimed he won't miss BTCC in some ways and mentioned only a title may give some hopes but only hopes. And he reitarated that his chances are slim a few times. In my view, AJ keeps an eye on possible BTCC options but is more focused on more likely programmes for 2020 - such as rallycross or maybe GT.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3927251)   #348
S griffin
Veteran

I would be surprised if AJ is on the grid next season. His options are limited. No wonder he is looking elsewhere. He has very little chance of being in a top car next season. I wish him luck on whatever he does next
Old 11 Sep 2019, 05:02 (Ref:3927269)   #349
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Honda’s manufacturer backing will be coming to an end before too long. Shedden really wants a BTCC return,
Do you have any evidence to confirm either of these points?
Old 11 Sep 2019, 07:22 (Ref:3927279)   #350
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We won’t see Blundell in a FWD car again I very much doubt and WSR have a third car which in some ways is “disposable” and Blundell May feel he could do better in a RWD car and has the backing to make it happen. If it doesn’t, I can’t see him wanting to be on the grid again.
The WSR car was where he was originally planning to be but by the time he got his sponsors together Oliphant had already tied the seat up. If Jordan can't get the budget together then I could see Blundell perhaps taking that seat but I would think everyone on the grid with a spare 500k would want that seat.