Don't know 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Nov 2003, 13:24 (Ref:791429)   #26
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Paul Ricard track owned by Mr Ecclestone?. I really hope that Spa will will be ok
Old 22 Nov 2003, 13:28 (Ref:791432)   #27
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
French sports minister moves to save French GP
Not yet finished for Magny-Cours
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.h...22050040.shtml
Old 22 Nov 2003, 13:33 (Ref:791434)   #28
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank God! Magny-Cours has to be one of the worst circuits ever in Formula One. It is so dull and artificial and hardly ever creates any exciting racing. Bring back Ricard or Dijon.
Old 22 Nov 2003, 14:15 (Ref:791458)   #29
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Magny Cours... nah dont like the circuit... no big loss
Old 22 Nov 2003, 16:06 (Ref:791503)   #30
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
utter ridiculousness- why theGP's must be so expensive that they can't secure a date? in France?!?!? this is where it started- they should Iron and stamp in stone countries that forever should retain a GP, it is essential for competition and the history and the fanbase- like France, the UK, Germany, Italy,Belgium, Spain...Canada Australia....probably the USA, and Japan...A world championship should retain the rounds that make it a world championship, Bernie and Max are utter morons lining their pockets always-The FIA and FOA should really look at the entrance fee and be realistic in view of what F1 is
and that is only 9 permanent GP leaving the other 8 to be decided for new venues and new exposure place to broaden F1, really the dopes
Old 22 Nov 2003, 17:37 (Ref:791541)   #31
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently the GP is now officially cancelled and will return in 2005.

Good ridance I say.
Old 22 Nov 2003, 17:37 (Ref:791542)   #32
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeahhh Grand Prix at La Sarthe. That would be pretty cool. Sad to see Magny-Cours go. It isn't the best, but is much better than places like A1 and Hungaroring.
Old 22 Nov 2003, 19:00 (Ref:791584)   #33
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Apex
Thank God! Magny-Cours has to be one of the worst circuits ever in Formula One. It is so dull and artificial and hardly ever creates any exciting racing. Bring back Ricard or Dijon.
I have to tell you that it is certainly not dull or boring from the drivers point of view, having been driven around it by circuit staff this year...mind you, ten laps or so of Dijon in the passenger seat of a Caterham superlight R500 shows just what a challenge the place can be. I liked Magny Cours but I would love to see the GP at Dijon...the final right hander, down hill into it then adverse camber through the apex and steep uphill again onto the pit straight is just awesome!
Old 22 Nov 2003, 20:05 (Ref:791612)   #34
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
L-M for F1?

Quote:
Originally posted by x_dt
The full Le Mans circuit would be good but isn't there now a limit on the length of circuits used for Grands Prix?
:confused: Interesting thought but the public road section will not meet F1's safety requirements by a large margin (swales at roadside on les Hunandierres, gravel traps and runoff areas at the chicaines, Mulsanne and Arnage corners to name a few).
Old 23 Nov 2003, 17:18 (Ref:792258)   #35
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just imagine how fast the F1 cars could go down Mulsanne, especially if they missed out the chicanes! The record for a sportscar was over 255mph (410km/h)....wonder how much faster the F1 guys could go!
Old 23 Nov 2003, 21:23 (Ref:792385)   #36
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope they won't bring the GP back in Dijon. They would have to destroy the all site to build new pits. And even with tarmac on all the infield some trucks would have to be parked on the countryside. Let the place where happened the Arnoux-Villeneuve strike alone and intact. Let LeMans spend all the benefits of the 24 in a wacky single-seater race. If Bernie wants it, why not kill the British Gp, or The Italian ??

Long live the Bahrein GP !!
Old 23 Nov 2003, 21:31 (Ref:792392)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Just imagine how fast the F1 cars could go down Mulsanne, especially if they missed out the chicanes! The record for a sportscar was over 255mph (410km/h)....wonder how much faster the F1 guys could go!
Hmmm, that is an interesting one. Possibly not much quicker as to a certain extent Sportscars are designed to go quicker, whereas F1 cars can be comparatively like bricks.

I reckon it would be close.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 21:34 (Ref:792394)   #38
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Bernie is quite happy to let every circuit in the world experience the jitters if the result is more $$$$ for the Ecclestone Empire. It's not just about money either. Every circuit that pins its hopes on a GP becomes submitted to a manipulative game of control re facilities etc. Just look at the Silverstone saga. When you get governments etc running around jumping to your commands and doing your bidding, financially and otherwise, you really are in control.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 22:34 (Ref:792429)   #39
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Hmmm, that is an interesting one. Possibly not much quicker as to a certain extent Sportscars are designed to go quicker, whereas F1 cars can be comparatively like bricks.

I reckon it would be close.
I agree that it won't be much different, I do think F1 cars would be a bit quicker if they took off alot of wing, but thats because they're shape cuts through the air more like a fighter jet would.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 22:36 (Ref:792431)   #40
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, you've hit the spot there. Everyone in F1 is searching for more power, but Bernie winds hands down. He's got the governments of several countries trying to give him money because he might give them/take away their motor race. The money being handed over in Canada is obscene, and when you've got countries like Turkey, who's housing stock is so poor at collapses when the inevitable earthquakes happen, spending millions of public money on a race circuit for one race a year instead of inveting in making that housing stock earthquake proof, then you've got to think the priorities are wrong somewhere.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 22:55 (Ref:792446)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
I agree that it won't be much different, I do think F1 cars would be a bit quicker if they took off alot of wing, but thats because they're shape cuts through the air more like a fighter jet would.
I suppose with the Mulsanne they would take wing off, although they would still need a bit for Indianapolis, the Porsche curves, et al. Those WMs were very slippery... (sorry for the continuation of off topic).

BBCi now is saying that Magny Cours owes £6m, but has a contract for '05 to '09. Which I think is different to originally.

Will it go anywhere else? It might not bother! There was already concern there were too many GP next year, so the loss of this one fits in that. No tobacco or alcohol ads anyway It is also in the middle of nowhere and, from what I understand, no one goes.

If it does go somewhere else in France? I'd love Rouen (as I always say, when living in my fantasy world!).
Le Mans! Bugatti, the orginal 'Mickey Mouse' circuit (coined by Graham Hill at he only GP to be held there IIRC).
Full Le Mans, nah? Already has an event there, it doesn't need a secondary event.
Paul Ricard? Interesting, but I doubt it, seem quite happy not having racing - it probably wants to make money
Dijon? Up to standard?

I fear it is Magny-Cours or no where!

There is always Monaco!
Old 23 Nov 2003, 23:11 (Ref:792459)   #42
Katieknight1984
Rookie

Katieknight1984 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
France will it be missed for 04

france has been cancelled for 2004 but should be back for 05,but will it be missed next season?
Old 23 Nov 2003, 23:32 (Ref:792472)   #43
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
No, horrible track, I hope it does not return.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 00:51 (Ref:792507)   #44
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a little too tight and twisty for much to happen except at the hairpin... but it can be entertaining in the wet. I don't think it'd be missed...at least not by me.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 01:10 (Ref:792523)   #45
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
France without a Grand Prix: terrible.
Magny-Cours without a Grand Prix: merciful.

The two seem to cancel each other out, so I feel kind of neutral about it.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 01:15 (Ref:792530)   #46
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about?

Quote:
If it does go somewhere else in France[/B]

Euro-Disney!

A perfect location. A large potential crowd and they are loosing money so why not help both?

Last edited by thebear; 24 Nov 2003 at 01:16.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 02:33 (Ref:792556)   #47
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No great loss IMHO. It is usually one of the duller races.

Old 24 Nov 2003, 03:13 (Ref:792574)   #48
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you think that Renault will do without a French Grand Prix?

I am sure they will go...
Old 24 Nov 2003, 04:36 (Ref:792610)   #49
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Hated the track, but the French GP is one of the traditional races. This is all a joke isn't it?
Old 24 Nov 2003, 07:46 (Ref:792698)   #50
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track is not that good, but France (and Renault) cannot lose the french GP; maybe it will be relocated elsewhere...

Last edited by climb; 24 Nov 2003 at 07:46.